yay me, my first rejection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

khadija

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I received my first rejection letter yesterday. Oddly enough, I'm not as depressed as I thought I would be. I'm just hoping the other schools won't play copycat.

I want to ask the school that rejected me, why they thought I was an inadequate candidate. If I call the school, will they tell me, or is it all hush-hush? Plus, what's a good way to ask that question without sounding like i'm whining?

Members don't see this ad.

depends on the school. some schools won't reply, some will let you speak to the dean directly, some will give you a generic reply of "too many applicants, go talk to your pre-med advisor"

Members don't see this ad :)
So I received my first rejection letter yesterday. Oddly enough, I'm not as depressed as I thought I would be. I'm just hoping the other schools won't play copycat.

I want to ask the school that rejected me, why they thought I was an inadequate candidate. If I call the school, will they tell me, or is it all hush-hush? Plus, what's a good way to ask that question without sounding like i'm whining?

sorry. :( You can always say you want some advice so you can improve yourself incase you have to apply again.

hey if you dont mind.

what was ur gpa, mcat and school applied to?

mike

I got 35 rejections before being accepted to 1 school. :oops: Get used to it lol.

got rejected to vanderbilt pre secondary :(

GPA: 4.0, MCAT: 38, And its not Vandy.
I can't tell u the school yet (it could be bad luck) but I'll let u know once i'm done with this whole process.

I think maybe i didn't have enough ECs. Or maybe I shouldn't have mentioned religion in their secondary. I mean, I didn't say anything bad, I said enjoy interfaith discussion and learning about other religions. But I guess i'll never really know.

I just wish I could ask them directly why they rejected me.

GPA: 4.0, MCAT: 38, And its not Vandy.
I can't tell u the school yet (it could be bad luck) but I'll let u know once i'm done with this whole process.

I think maybe i didn't have enough ECs.
If its a top 5 school then yeah that might do it.

Or maybe I shouldn't have mentioned religion in their secondary. I mean, I didn't say anything bad, I said enjoy interfaith discussion and learning about other religions. But I guess i'll never really know.

I just wish I could ask them directly why they rejected me.
AMCAS and associated schools shouldn't discriminate based on race, faith, or socioeconomic status, but I dunno.

Just got rejected by Boston. On hold at Pritzker and UCSD. Besides a phone interview at Mayo, I've had no good news. :(

This process is pretty stressful.

sorry guys.. but i thought there was a thread for this...
we dont need every person telling us that they got their first interview, first rejection, or whatever
esp when there are official threads for them

sorry guys.. but i thought there was a thread for this...
we dont need every person telling us that they got their first interview, first rejection, or whatever
esp when there are official threads for them

Hey sparky did you even read the original post or did you just read the title and decide to be a forum noob?

The OP had a reasonable question:

I give you a 3/10, thanks for playing, please try again.

I was being a forum noob

Ill take the 3/10 and play again.