theunderdog

Medical Student (Slave)
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2005
Status
holy krappers!!

my 27 mcat score, non-URM status (i'm 100% asian), and traditional applicant profile got me my SECOND INTERIVEW today! AND TO MY TOP CHOICE SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHH~!!!!!!!!

Turkeyman

Trickster Poultry
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2004
Silver Spring, Maryland
Status
And just yesterday you made a thread about having no hope. You poopoohead, it was my turkeyblessings that got you that interview! Withdraw and give it to me! Haha jk.

Labslave

10+ Year Member
Aug 19, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
theunderdog said:
holy krappers!!

my 27 mcat score, non-URM status, and traditional applicant profile got me my SECOND INTERIVEW today! AND TO MY TOP CHOICE SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHH~!!!!!!!!
Congrats! Which school?

jebus

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2005
Status
yay! now for the obligatory "what school"?
way to rep for the non-superstar applicants.

gdbaby

Prettier than before
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
theunderdog said:
holy krappers!!

my 27 mcat score, non-URM status, and traditional applicant profile got me my SECOND INTERIVEW today! AND TO MY TOP CHOICE SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHH~!!!!!!!!
Okay krapzilla!! That's how its done! Which school? Get your interview mojo rising!

FrkyBgStok

10+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2005
Midwest
Status
Resident [Any Field]
thats right. we all knew it would happen. congrats!

OP
T

theunderdog

Medical Student (Slave)
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2005
Status
YAY!!!!

yeah thanks to all those who have supported me yesterday... when i felt like krap and thought all hope was gone. so THANK YOU for the support and encouragement!!

never lose faith, if there are any other underdogs out there.....!!!

my top choice is my NJ state school of course.

OP
T

theunderdog

Medical Student (Slave)
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2005
Status
shizer... i have TWO freaking exams tomorrow and i can't find it in me to study!!!!

OP
T

theunderdog

Medical Student (Slave)
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2005
Status
Elastase said:
No more complaining right? You were blessed to have one, now you have two (I'm just saying for people have only one interview). Good luck!
I'm sorry... I didn't mean to complain or anything. I just wanted to share my joy with the rest of the SDN society...

I mean, I probably have one of the lowest stats here as a traditional, non-URM, low-MCAT applicant.

Since the day I applied in June, I was getting all this negativity that I won't even get 1 interview and that if I did get an interview, it would be in February.

And already, it's only early November and I'm with 2 interviews, 4 rejections, and still more to come. I just wanted to let others know, especially the underdogs, that to just have faith.

BMW M3

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2005
Status
Congrats, mate! PM me if you need any tips on the interview (I've done both NJ schools). As a fellow NJ resident, its the least I can do.

Gentle

10+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
OH
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Underdog,

When are u interviewing at NJMS? I'll be interviewing there soon.. as OOS applicant.

OP
T

theunderdog

Medical Student (Slave)
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2005
Status
Gentle said:
Underdog,

When are u interviewing at NJMS? I'll be interviewing there soon.. as OOS applicant.
im scheduling tomorrow.

i'm an IS applicant...

when are you interviewing?