dreamzz

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Dec 21, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
I was just wondering if you guys could tell me how many years are needed for undergrade to apply to med school, do med schools in the US accept students applying to get into med school at their third year?

ChemEngMD

No need to hide behind private profiles
10+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2008
Status
Medical Student
I was just wondering if you guys could tell me how many years are needed for undergrade to apply to med school, do med schools in the US accept students applying to get into med school at their third year?

I believe you need to have a completed Bachelor's, Master's, w/e as of the date that you matriculate.

gopher22

10+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2008
Status
Medical Student
a 4-year degree is required. Students can apply during the summer after 3rd year to attend medical school the fall immediately after graduating from college.

About the Ads

dreamzz

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Dec 21, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
what if they can get a 4 year degree in three years, say if theycome in with AP credits and take a lot of credits?

JeetKuneDo

10+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2008
Status
Medical Student
If you're hardcore, can't you get into Irvine with only 3 years of undergrad?

orangeANDgreen

10+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2008
Status
Medical Student
you can apply once you get your degree and all the requirements done, 3 years, 4 years, 5 years, it doesnt matter as long as you have the prereqs

thats not to say that all med schools will consider each candidate equally if they graduated late or early

About the Ads