Yee-haw, I'm going to Baylor! Screw the MD/PhD!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amp

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wow.
This has been the freakin' weirdest year of my life.
In yet another strange twist of fate, I'm off the waitlist at Baylor, and unless UCLA comes a' callin, I'm going to Houston. It's official now, so if anyone is looking for a spot to open up at UNC-Chapel Hill, it might happen. I was in the MD/PhD program at UNC though, so I'm not sure if they replace that spot with a combined or a regular student, or not at all. Man, they were pretty pissed, though. It would have been hilarious, if I wasn't so freaked out that I might be making a huge mistake. Anyway, yes, I gave up an MD/PhD spot for an MD spot, and so far no regrets at all. I've been rethinking the whole concept for a while anyway, and I guess I can always reapply at Baylor during my first year. So, anybody going to Baylor??? Do you know where I can start looking for a place to live? Otherwise, I'll be the one living out of the trunk of my car for the first couple of weeks. See you there!

Members don't see this ad.

congrats on baylor its a fine school. if you change your mind about md/phd, i believe that baylor allows first year students to apply for md/phd their 2nd year.

but it sounds like md/phd is not really right for you anyways so obviously you've probably made the right choice.

congrats, dude.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
TONS of us are going to Baylor. PM me and we can chat. --Trek

congrats, that's so cool! :clap: :clap: :clap:

congrats amp! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

you sound particularly unhappy with UNC... any particular reason why?

Congrats on your decision!!!:clap: :clap: I personally hate research, so I would have picked MD over MD-PhD any day.