Yes, another "Where should I go?" threads...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheDocIsIn

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Having a tough time with my decision between:

OHSU --> In state, liked but didn't love the school, would like to get out of Oregon for awhile (grew up here), LOVE Portland

Drexel --> About 12K more a year, really like the curriculum, it would be cool to live in Philly

Any ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

i'd say ohsu, simply for the price and location. but i think portland > philly, and it isn't worth paying 48k extra just to have something "different" when it's inferior. take that money and use it to play around in the northeast during residency.

OHSU all the way.

OHSU --> In state, liked but didn't love the school, would like to get out of Oregon for awhile (grew up here), LOVE Portland

Drexel --> About 12K more a year, really like the curriculum, it would be cool to live in Philly

Any ideas?

Members don't see this ad :)

Any ideas?

You would have to be insane to go to Drexel over OHSU in your situation. Well, maybe not insane, but you've got a great state school that is: cheaper, highly regarded for both research and clinical teaching, in a city you say you love, and close to home. Believe me, the whole East Coast experience thing is over rated. Besides, if you still feel like going somewhere new for a while, you can match somewhere out of state for residency. Coming from a great school like OHSU will probably help you get a good residency spot too.