Yeshiva School-Clinical PsyD vs. Pace School-Clinical PsyD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

schoolclinpsyd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to decide between Yeshiva's School-Clinical PsyD program and Pace's School-Clinical PsyD program. I would love to hear from current students, as well as other prospective students who are trying to make the same decision. I am torn!

Members don't see this ad.

I am trying to decide between Yeshiva's School-Clinical PsyD program and Pace's School-Clinical PsyD program. I would love to hear from current students, as well as other prospective students who are trying to make the same decision. I am torn!

Yeah, me too! I am torn between those two myself, and it's really tough!

I am actually in a similar position because I am looking for PsyD programs...and I am not even applying to Pace because Pace is a lot lower on the list and Yeshiva's program is extremely better. I know this because I have asked a ton of people about it (professors and psychologist) and also if you look up the rating lists online yeshiva is way above pace.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any "rating" or "ranking" should be viewed very cautiously. There are some rankings based on faculty productivity that *might* be somewhat useful for the more research focused applicants, but that is still quite a poor way to evaluate programs.

This response is a bit late... but using a list and asking people on a one off basis is not the smartest way to make such an important decision. Pace has a much better reputation in the field than Yeshiva. Pace students receive much better, more extensive assessment training and start clinical training with patients from the first semester. It is widely known that doc students from Pace are better prepared than many. The current student body has people who come from undergraduate schools that range from Cornell, NYU, Duke, Columbia, Penn, etc. The Pace Psy.D. reputation should not be confused with the Pace undergraduate school reputation. Many students in the program have near perfect GRE scores and simply aren't planning to focus their careers on research. You might want to use a better list to make your decisions.

I've heard quite the opposite from many people in the NYC area. Namely, that the Yeshiva program is quite good and that the Pace faculty are quite poor/distant/uninvolved, etc.

This response is a bit late... but using a list and asking people on a one off basis is not the smartest way to make such an important decision. Pace has a much better reputation in the field than Yeshiva. Pace students receive much better, more extensive assessment training and start clinical training with patients from the first semester. It is widely known that doc students from Pace are better prepared than many. The current student body has people who come from undergraduate schools that range from Cornell, NYU, Duke, Columbia, Penn, etc. The Pace Psy.D. reputation should not be confused with the Pace undergraduate school reputation. Many students in the program have near perfect GRE scores and simply aren't planning to focus their careers on research. You might want to use a better list to make your decisions.

In NYC Pace appears to be pretty infamous among doctoral students for their extremely unfriendly and disorganized interview process. I've experienced it myself and agree that the interview process cast the school in a very poor light. This all tends to give it a very poor reputation among existing NYC students. In fact talking about your bad Pace interview experience is almost a guaranteed conversation starter among doctoral school psych students from any program in the city.

This is all just based on the interview process though. For all I know the school could be great when you actually go there, and the negative reputation may not extend past recent interviewees.

I've heard quite the opposite from many people in the NYC area. Namely, that the Yeshiva program is quite good and that the Pace faculty are quite poor/distant/uninvolved, etc.

Last edited: