Yet another advice thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry for making one of these threads, but I didn't want to hijack another thread. I'm going to take the test on Sept. 8th and would appreciate some input. First off, for some reason my verbal scores have started to go down with the later EK 101. I'm not sure whats wrong since I was scoring 10-11 now its 9ish and the last one I took I got a 7. Next, would it be a good idea to go through and finish up my 1001 physics, chem, and o-chem (I've finished the bio and almost the 101 Verb)? I have about 3 sections for physics, 2 for chem, and 1 for o-chem. Or should I just start looking over the Kaplan quicksheets to refresh on everything now instead of this weekend? I had planned on taking a FL a day for 20 days since I have both Kap and AAMC FLs. However, it seems that this is generally regarded as a bad idea. Would it be better to take one every other day and on the day you don't take one to analyze it. By analyze I mean look at your thinking, why you got something wrong, and try to get into MCAT thinking mode. Also, if I take one every other day, which ones should I take. Should I take Kapl 2-6 (I've taken FL #1: 11-10-11) and AAMC 6-10? I've heard the later Kaps just aren't that good. Sorry for the long post. Again any help would be really great :)

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry for making one of these threads, but I didn't want to hijack another thread. I'm going to take the test on Sept. 8th and would appreciate some input. First off, for some reason my verbal scores have started to go down with the later EK 101. I'm not sure whats wrong since I was scoring 10-11 now its 9ish and the last one I took I got a 7. Next, would it be a good idea to go through and finish up my 1001 physics, chem, and o-chem (I've finished the bio and almost the 101 Verb)? I have about 3 sections for physics, 2 for chem, and 1 for o-chem. Or should I just start looking over the Kaplan quicksheets to refresh on everything now instead of this weekend? I had planned on taking a FL a day for 20 days since I have both Kap and AAMC FLs. However, it seems that this is generally regarded as a bad idea. Would it be better to take one every other day and on the day you don't take one to analyze it. By analyze I mean look at your thinking, why you got something wrong, and try to get into MCAT thinking mode. Also, if I take one every other day, which ones should I take. Should I take Kapl 2-6 (I've taken FL #1: 11-10-11) and AAMC 6-10? I've heard the later Kaps just aren't that good. Sorry for the long post. Again any help would be really great :)

Definitely finish reviewing the sciences, and don't rely too much on Kaplan's Quicksheets (typos, missing information, etc.) After that, take practice tests (take all 8 AAMC tests) as you can handle them. You still have plenty of time!