Yet another CC thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stepdogg

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
-10char

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
1. I would think Medical Schools became more lenient with taking pre-reqs at a CC although I know quite a few doctors (who are bit on the older side) that started off at a CC-- So I would assume it wasn't impossible to become a doctor after attending CC back when they were in school either. With the economy right now, I would assume there are more and more applicants that start off from a CC in the near future.

2. Person with a 3.7 who did prereqs at CC and upper division @ university > to 3.5 throughout 4 year university. I would assume both these guys have a good chance at med school (considering the MCAT and ECs are good).
Just remember: It doesn't matter if you're from Harvard, if you don't know the material, you're not getting in.

3. Like I say in every 'CC thread' I ever posted in, do your prereqs at a CC and get good grades, transfer, get good MCAT score, get good ECs and do well in upper division and you're fine.

4. Don't worry about credits from a CC. If you have the grades, MCAT score, and ECs to back it up, you have nothing to worry about. People from CCs get into Med/pharm/Den/Law school all the time. There are some people on SDN that are in med school right now who came from CCs--and according to some of them, they were never even asked about their time at a CC.

I guess I do not have to add anything to that epic post above mine. The reason that I would advise you to avoid cc is because prestige and teh ability to build a solid reputation at one institution (i.e. dean's list, building relationships, etc.)

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess I do not have to add anything to that epic post above mine. The reason that I would advise you to avoid cc is because prestige and teh ability to build a solid reputation at one institution (i.e. dean's list, building relationships, etc.)

no offense but that is a crappy reason considering that you can be on the deans list in cc and still build relationships with many premed students from both institutions along with professors. Many professors in my area teach at both a cc and university. And undergrad prestige doesn't really mean anything. I honestly don't think there is a problem taking pre reqs at a cc but i should strongly would urge not to take them all at a cc.

i'm sorry but your question is really confusing. why don't you just explain your situation specifically. maybe then more people can help you. right now, we're talking about a lot of what if's involving hypothetical people that aren't really worth answering...

Today I called a bunch of med schools and asked them how do they feel about taking prereqs at a cc. Most of the schools in california said they do not look down upon that as long as you started at a cc and didnt keep transfering to achieve an easy A. Uasom and some school in florida say that you wouldnt be as competitive but there is a doctor on youtube whose name is thetoppremed who took half of his prereqs at a cc and got accepted into 8 out of 9 med schools and one was Harvard. Hope that encourages you.

Today I called a bunch of med schools and asked them how do they feel about taking prereqs at a cc. Most of the schools in california said they do not look down upon that as long as you started at a cc and didnt keep transfering to achieve an easy A. Uasom and some school in florida say that you wouldnt be as competitive but there is a doctor on youtube whose name is thetoppremed who took half of his prereqs at a cc and got accepted into 8 out of 9 med schools and one was Harvard. Hope that encourages you.

Hah yea i watched his vids, very helpful. Hasn't been doing any vids lately tho.

But, yea he took his pre-reqs at a CC then transferred to Berkeley then Harvard.
:thumbup: