Yet another new school. In California. Imagine that.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Had you read the book too? It's one of those things where I'm afraid the movie is going to ruin the book for me...

You know she is the one who recommended it, right? So I bet she read it. ;)

And I would say read the book first if you want to, unless you don't think you will ever get around to it, in which case the movie will do as a substitute. It is a pretty darn good adaptation.

Members don't see this ad.

You know she is the one who recommended it, right? So I bet she read it. ;)

And I would say read the book first if you want to, unless you don't think you will ever get around to it, in which case the movie will do as a substitute. It is a pretty darn good adaptation.

Oh, my bad - should have read that a little more carefully. :sorry:
Yeah, I already read the book and loved it - that's why I've been afraid to go see the movie...haha. But if it's a good adaptation, I'll have to check it out. :corny:

Oh, my bad - should have read that a little more carefully. :sorry:
Yeah, I already read the book and loved it - that's why I've been afraid to go see the movie...haha. But if it's a good adaptation, I'll have to check it out. :corny:

Oh I got you. Yeah I doubt the movie will ruin the book for you.

Members don't see this ad :)

I really enjoyed the movie. It was the best movie date I've been on in a while!

When will you people realize this is all a giant conspiracy? The retail chains are in alliance with the pharmacy schools and paying them off to increase enrollments, open up new schools, etc in order to ensure a large and steady supply of less expensive future pharmacists in the pipeline. There's a reason these schools continue to open. The entire system is corrupt and money talks. The chains, in alliance with the schools (getting bought), could care less about your future career prospects. Remember- the love of money is the root of all evil. I wouldn't even be surprised if the boards of pharmacy are on this as well.

Reactions: 1 user
When will you people realize this is all a giant conspiracy? The retail chains are in alliance with the pharmacy schools and paying them off to increase enrollments, open up new schools, etc in order to ensure a large and steady supply of less expensive future pharmacists in the pipeline. There's a reason these schools continue to open. The entire system is corrupt and money talks. The chains, in alliance with the schools (getting bought), could care less about your future career prospects. Remember- the love of money is the root of all evil. I wouldn't even be surprised if the boards of pharmacy are on this as well.

Maybe so, but did you like Ender's Game?

I jest. ;)

I wouldn't even be surprised if the boards of pharmacy are on this as well.

Honey, the Boards of Pharmacy are in on this too. I can imagine that those who sit on state BOP's must have gotten generous "pay raises" over the last 15 years with the steady increase of intern and licensee applicants, as well as those cushy CE/license renewal fees. BOPs ( and pharmacy school accreditation agencies) are supposed to work TOGETHER to help the field of pharmacy by keeping supply & demand in check like the AMA and ADA. Accreditation agencies, as well as state BOPs, have let greed blind them and hence the situation you see today. In fact, I think a few states have relaxed their rules so much that I think anyone can open a pharmacy school at this point........

Saw this today in my inbox. How many CA pharmacy schools will this make now?

Founding Dean, Pharmacy - West Coast University (WCU) :confused:
Salary: 200,000 to 250,000

The new school of pharmacy will be based on WCU’s North Hollywood campus in Los Angeles, California and join nursing, dental hygiene and graduate programs in nursing and health care administration at the site. It is expected that an inaugural class of 65 will enroll in the Fall Term of 2013.

http://www.accp.com/careers/onlinePositionListings.aspx?mode=view&id=39318

Oh Kool maybi I triy apply there?