Yet another pharmacy chain bites the dust

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmacy is a Scam

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Reactions: 1 user
About 350 rphs will be out of jobs!

I have friends that are pharmacists at Shopko. The stores in my area heard the news in December and closed the pharmacy portions in January, just over a week ago. Scripts were transferred to Fred Meyer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pharmacist salaries going up and reimbursement going down. Same story as always. In my area it's Stater Brothers and K-mart closing their pharmacies. Sam's club seems to be hinting at ending pharmacy also. The Sam's Club near my house cut their open hours.

Reactions: 2 users
If Kroger is the next to dump pharmacy (sell off)... that will be interesting

Kroger and Publix both would go Target way IMO.

There will be two or three employers left in retail lol

Reactions: 1 users
lmao the entirety of the stores are closing not just the pharmacy

Reactions: 1 users
Kroger in my area has to compete with Walmart Neighborhood Market. The Walmart Neighborhood Market has better selection and prices. The best part is short lines due to self check out. Kroger needs to get with the times and have more variety, lower prices, and self checkout. I think Kroger is great for seniors because the cashiers are slow and talkative but I go to the grocery store to buy groceries not talk.

Kroger in my area has to compete with Walmart Neighborhood Market. The Walmart Neighborhood Market has better selection and prices. The best part is short lines due to self check out. Kroger needs to get with the times and have more variety, lower prices, and self checkout. I think Kroger is great for seniors because the cashiers are slow and talkative but I go to the grocery store to buy groceries not talk.
You must be really young. As a older man a not unsignificant point of my trip is to talk to younger girls at the grocery store. I will specifically look for a line with a cute attractive young girl and then talk to her a lot as she checks out my items as it makes me feel young again and i don't get any attention from women anymore.

I'm in my mid twenties with friends who would still be considered early twenties and Kroger is almost universally preferred compared to Walmart. You don't know what you're talking about lol

Reactions: 3 users

Such a bizarre comment lol