Yet another string about secondaries...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

praha12

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
There seems to be an awful lot of talk about secondaries being all finished. I find this worrisome, since I've only received 5 secondaries from the 15 schools I applied to--and my stats are fairly competitive. The five that I did receive arrived in early September, and I haven't heard a word from anyone since. Is there anyone else out there in the same situation? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Do not worry! MANY schools aren't even sending them out yet. People are in such a hurry here...everything is SEVERELY delayed this year, that means multiple months.

Originally posted by praha12:
•There seems to be an awful lot of talk about secondaries being all finished. I find this worrisome, since I've only received 5 secondaries from the 15 schools I applied to--and my stats are fairly competitive. The five that I did receive arrived in early September, and I haven't heard a word from anyone since. Is there anyone else out there in the same situation? Thanks.•

I've received secondaries (or requests for money with no secondary required) from 20 of the 22 AMCAS schools I applied to. The only 2 schools I haven't heard from are Albany and Wake Forest (actually I've heard from Albany, they're having trouble getting their on-line secondary up and running). And I was a fairly late AMCAS submitter, around 7/25. You know about Drako's site that lists all the schools taking paper copies of AMCAS and the ones with on-line secondaries, don't you? If not, I highly recommend consulting it. Here's the link to
Drako's site.

Oh, and welcome to SDN! :) When did you submit your AMCAS? I submitted 7/25 and still am not verified, but I started sending out paper copies of AMCAS and submitting any of the secondaries I could get my hands on the minute I was done with my application.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your responses. I submitted June 30 and was verified Sept. 7. Strangely, some schools have received the verified application, while others have received nothing at all (although AMCAS assures me that my information has been transmitted to all my designated schools). As for Drako's list, I must have gotten lucky, since only one of my designated schools appears on it, and it's one of those that already sent me a paper secondary.

By the way SWK, I am also in Anchorage.

Out of 21 schools that I applied, four schools have no response thus far. All the California schools except USC and Finch CMS. Stanford particularly returned no response whatsoever, totally nothing. I am beginning to get frustrated over this school which was one of my top choices, even over higher ranking schools.

SMW,

Just wanted to say I love your dedication to helping others, taking the time to post info to fellow SDNers even when sometimes it seems like this info gets hashed around for months and months.

I am just curious what your top choice school is at this point?

Originally posted by audeo:
•Out of 21 schools that I applied, four schools have no response thus far. All the California schools except USC and Finch CMS. Stanford particularly returned no response whatsoever, totally nothing. I am beginning to get frustrated over this school which was one of my top choices, even over higher ranking schools.•

Audeo: I just received the Stanford secondary two days ago...before that I had heard absolutely nothing! I think that's cause they only look at verfied apps (my app was verified on 9/17) Hang in there!

praha12, are you a WWAMI applicant? At least you're verified. It's a mystery to me why you don't have more secondaries. :confused:
Have you talked your schools? Done a search for the school names on SDN to see what others are saying about those schools' secondaries?

Thanks so much for the kind words, baylor21. :) I'm just so grateful to have found SDN; I really don't know how I'd have gotten through this horrible process without all the helpful information and support here. I guess my top choice is U. of Washington, since it's my state-school-by-default and the cost would be so much more manageable than many of the other schools I applied to. But I'd really be happy to go to any school that wants me. Since I only took the MCAT for the first time this Aug. it's hard to know where I'll be competitive. I'm applying to a total of 24 schools, so hopefully somewhere!