Yet another stupid question!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mike_D

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is probably going to sound really silly, but here goes.....I'm a little confused about the time schedules for some of the osteopathic med schools. I can't seem to find dates for application submission that make sense. Are the dates roughly the same as allopathic schools.....ie--apply in June/July of your junior year? PCOM's website said something about March of your application year being the deadline for recomendation letters. What the hell does that mean???? I know there is probably an easy explaination, so will some kind soul please enlighten me. Thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

You can apply to all DO schools using AACOMAS on June 1st. For example, I am applying for entering class 2001 so I applied during this past summer. Now PCOM is saying that I have until March 2001 to hand in everything and even get an interview. However, you must know that all schools have rolling admissions so apply EARLY!! You can go to www.aacom.org to look at the individual deadlines for each school. Hope this helps!