lady bug

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2002
Visit site
Status
August MCATers, how many hours a day are ya'll studying? I study about 4-5 hrs. almost daily. Just wondering how much the rest of ya'll out there are studying....

Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2001
Visit site
Status
that's the norm for most people studying. however, you are a bit early in the game. starting June, most people will be doing atleast 6-7 a day and more on weekends.
Good luck! Hopefully I won't have to take it again. :rolleyes:

sng33

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2001
Visit site
Status
Lady bug, when did you start studying? I think most people start about 6-8 weeks before the test. Tweetie when did you start studying for the april test (and hours/day)? Did you feel prepared, and that you could not look at anymore, or were you rushed at the end? Anyone else feel free to add in...

About the Ads

lady bug

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2002
Visit site
Status
Just knowing the way I study, I know I couldn't possibly start studying 6 weeks before the exam and do fine. I'm not really a good crammer....and I hate studying in large segments all day. But I know several people who started studying 6-8 before the MCAT and did fine or great....one guy in my histo class comes to mind...the dude studied only in July & early August last year...got a whopping 40 on the MCAT. So it just depends on your learning style. Any others out there...how much time are you putting in?

ermonty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 29, 2001
The Octagon @ Mandalay Bay
Status
  1. Attending Physician
I'm using Kaplan and Princeton science materials. Also kaplan, princeton, AAMC, and flowers & silvers practice MCATs.

I know that the MCAT is just under 3 months away, but I'm already getting worried about the physical section. I'm making 10-11s on verbal and 9-10s on bio, but only 7-8s on physical. It just seems like no matter how many formulas I know or concepts I understand that it's just a guessing game when answering the pysical questions? Anybody else strugglin' on a section?

lady bug

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2002
Visit site
Status
Ermonty,
You still have a lot of time to get your physics down pact. You are doing superb on the other sections....I wish I was scoring that high at this point...I'm sure do'll do fine....good luck!

missbonnie

floating
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2002
Status
  1. Medical Student
Hey Ermonty-

On my first aamc diag (aamc 3, 10- weeks before the april mcat), I got a 7 on physical. By the end, I was getting 12-13 on physical. I highly recommend the examkrackers physics book, and their verbal book which has a short section on math shortcuts. They always have those problems about if they changed this one parameter, how would this other paramater change? I used to skip them, but after ek, it only seconds to solve those. Also, i felt that ek was really good at explaining physics. I also had Jon Orsay as my physics instructor and he's really good at explaining things. I also used the physics 1001 book, which was good at drilling in those concepts you have trouble with. Sorry for the long post, but I REALLY hada HUGE mental block on physics but got over it with the help of EK.

Now, I haven't gotten my actual score yet of course, but I felt very well prepared for physical on mcat day.

-bonnie

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads