YORK college OT Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lexsteel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone out there heard anything about the York OT program... how is their admission process how competitive is the program ?

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if anyone out there heard anything about the York OT program... how is their admission process how competitive is the program ?
All I know is that they only have offer a combined BS/MS and that their program is going to be shortened to 3 years starting next Fall. They seem slightly less competitive then their counterparts in that a 2.5 is their minimum GPA required for admission.

I would love to hear more about anyone's thoughts on this school as well. Has anyone either applied, been accepted/rejected? Or has anyone attended/graduated and have any thoughts?

I know it's a BS/MS program, although you can apply even if you already have a BS. I received an email from their advisor and she said if you come in with an AS or BS, you may be waived from many of their educational core requirements. The one thing I found interesting is that they say do NOT take A&P as its one of the required courses that you have to take there - if you've already taken it at a different school, you will have to repeat it!

The GPA is 2.8 to enter so definitely less competitive in that regard compared to other schools. I'm interested mainly because of the cost. I'm a lil older than the average student (34 - not much older!) but I did recently buy a house so I'm concerned about not being able to work f/t while in the program. If I can at least off set this by having a lower tuition, I'm all for it! I'm waiting to see when they'll post their next information session (sometime in October, I believe). I'll let you all know what I find out!

I'd look at their pass rate for taking the NBCOT boards... it's located at the schools website.