"You ain't neva gonna get it."

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
...neeeva gonna get it gonna get it..
neeva gonna get it..gonaa get it....

NOT THIS TIME....

That's what I feel each Med school is saying to me these days. I am still sitting on secondaries. Just submitted my STATE SCHOOL secondary today. Got a rejection from GTown today (and I had one killer essay..hell, they should have accepted me just for the damn essay I wrote about how I like their school).

I feel lost. But life goes on. I am tired of making myself feel low about not having a single interview when people all around me are already getting in. Life sucks and is handling me lemons but I am learning how to make lemonade out of it.

I just saw a mom today on the road with two children who were barely clothed, pushing them around in a grocery cart. I felt bad. Kinda puts things in perspective. Oh well.

Members don't see this ad.

Keep plugging away tweetie. Its such a long process but you'll make it!!!

Chin up Tweetie_bird. We don't like to see you sad and in the dumps:(

I think schools don't get it!!!! They pass up so many great, caring, sensitive people who really want to help their fellow man and yet it seems they want the superficial, insensitve jerks.

How many times have you heard ..."I hate my doctor. he has no bedside manner." You usually don't hear... "I hate my doctor he/she is dumb."

We are all thinking about you and PRAYING this is the year you get in!!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
tweets....cheer up, babe.... look at Bounty's feeling left out on Oct. 15th thread and have a good laugh (and join the SDN girls' club :) )...

my advice, being productive always makes me feel better, so finish a secondary and cuddle with that fiance of yours! :)

Cheer up Tweetie. One thing that I have learned in the course of my life is that you must have faith. From what I can see, any med school would be privileged to have you. Keep your head up and know my thoughts are with you and everyone else going through this wretched process.

Hey Tweetie, honey... I know you're sad right now, but really, there are only a VERY FEW people around you are already getting in... The majority of us are pushing with you through all this!!! We're rootin' for you and praying with and for you!!! We're gonna get through this!!! :clap:

hey dont feel bad tweetie, i feel the same way forsure, and i think we have a right to be feeling bad casue im sure you, like myself have busted my but and made a lot of sacrifices to be in this position today, applying and so forth. You mentioned somethng about putting things into persepective, while often true and i defintly feel lucky alot of times, i also hate when people point out how things could be much worse, or you are lucky etc etc. Or even how u mentinoed the mohter and two kids, alot of times these people make poor choices and make a otn of poor decisions, rendering themselves in these bad places. I havent made bad choices, of course some in life but ive sacrificed and tried to make good ones, so i dont feel that i deserve what someone who has made poor choices has etc. So feel up and well make it in eventually!

It's early, Tweetie, keep your chin up and good luck. I hope you make. I bet you will make a fine dr.

Dear Tweetie--
Altho I have only been a member of SDN a short time, I can see you are the type of person I would want to become my doctor. You are a refreshing change from the type that is all too prevalent on this list-overcompetitive, smartalecky, immature, and sarcastic.
Dont become discouraged. Really so far only those with very amazing mcat scores have been accepted as far as I can tell. We are all rooting for you and I also am praying that this IS the year you get in!:clap:

Well I'm not rooting for her. When she gets accepted soon, who is going to bash skulls on the MCAT board?
:)

Tweetie, you are a source of support for ALL of us. You will make an EXCELLENT doctor. Just have faith in yourself and be strong! You WILL make it through this, and the med school you attend will be lucky to have you!

Originally posted by Tweetie_bird
...neeeva gonna get it gonna get it..
neeva gonna get it..gonaa get it....

NOT THIS TIME....

That's what I feel each Med school is saying to me these days. I am still sitting on secondaries. Just submitted my STATE SCHOOL secondary today. Got a rejection from GTown today (and I had one killer essay..hell, they should have accepted me just for the damn essay I wrote about how I like their school).

I feel lost. But life goes on. I am tired of making myself feel low about not having a single interview when people all around me are already getting in. Life sucks and is handling me lemons but I am learning how to make lemonade out of it.

I just saw a mom today on the road with two children who were barely clothed, pushing them around in a grocery cart. I felt bad. Kinda puts things in perspective. Oh well.

Try not to feel too down or bear too much resentment. Some have applied as many as 5 times before finally being accepted.

Hey Tweetie & all those who are down,

Just know that everyone goes through the insecurity that accompanies each rejection (even our illustrious members, I'm sure). I've been feeling weighed down by the stress of finishing 2ndaries too. I'm usu. healthy, but this stress has made me sick w/ weird conditions in the last month, i.e. ear infection, allergic rashes, etc. . . When this happens, I know it's getting to me.

I've only gotten 1 rejection so far, & that was enough to break my momentum of cranking out 2ndaries. The good thing @ our long wait is that hopefully we'll be done w/ 2ndaries by the time the other rejections reach our mailboxes. It takes a strong will to pick yourself up & jump right into another 2ndary after being slapped w/ a rejection.

I've done 15 & have 8 left to finish. Btw, Tweetie, you were on quite a roll w/ 2ndaries a few weeks ago. Are you almost done? Just keep in mind your motto, "This is the year I get in!!!" (or something like that, right?) :love:

Don't sit on your secondaries silly. Get them out there!

Hang in there.
I've recieved two rejections so far...Loyola and VCU. Yep, it is a horrid feeling but it's their loss, everything works out in the end.

Piece of advice that my agency told their models:

"Expect to hear a lot of No...but every no brings you closer to a yes"

Have faith, it's all we have that keeps us goin'

:clap: :clap:

Tweety, you've been the best at picking every single person up when they start feeling down! You'll get in this year! And in four years, you'll be a blessing to all of your patients. Keep smilin' hun!

Tweetie - this time last year I was only two weeks removed from having submitted my AMCAS! :eek: Finish all your secondaries by the end of the month, and you'll definitely be way ahead. Don't forget that SDNers are keeners (and many have high scores) compared to the general population. But it doesn't mean the rest of us mortals don't have a chance... ;)

Also, there are plenty of interview slots well after the New Year, so there's still time! It might not be as ideal as Sept- Oct, but it makes no difference if you're accepted in the end. Best of luck, and I still think I'll be reading a *very* estatic post from you one of these days! :D

Also, everyone, remember, not getting in the first time around does not mean it is the end of the world!! It took me 3 times!!

Tweetie,

Remember how you felt when you saw someone who used to always post on SDN and give great feedback that made you laugh out loud and cry got accepted and stopped posting?

Well that's how I'm going to feel when you get accepted and jump ship...

future me = bored and jealous.....

:sleep:

Same for me! 3 tries! 2001, 2002 & now! But now I'm in! (And I don't believe it!)

Seriously, it's sooooo early yet. VCU told us they'd only accept about 20 students this early. And I'm sure it's similar with all the rest of the schools, even with rolling admissions.

Jade~

::hungover:ances with glee::

{{tweetie}}

you rule, and you know that schools will recognise this! Look forward to getting married in December , and starting med schoolnext fall! :D