You got to be kidding?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmalik

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have seen so many threads md vs. do. WTF! They are the same thing.When a patient sees a doctor, they dont ask themselves, crap, he is a DO he doesnt know anything. this has to end. anyways, in my bro in laws hospital, they treat d.o.'s really well. there is no DIFFERENCE> so please stop saying there is. I hear all the time. well do is less than md because the req's are less. well guess what, if you do good on your COMLEX/USMLE u are the SAME. If there is one group to look down upon its FMG. i feel bad for them. its not that they are stupid, its the system.............

Members don't see this ad.

If FMG can study and pass the same boards as MD's/DO's then there's nothing to look down upon.

its the system i mean. are you kidding me? lets say a FMG gets a 88% on the USMLE. and a US med grad gets a 85%, u know they are gonna select the US med grad. its stupid to trick people, so tell em the truth.

Members don't see this ad :)
jmalik said:
i have seen so many threads md vs. do. WTF! They are the same thing.When a patient sees a doctor, they dont ask themselves, crap, he is a DO he doesnt know anything. this has to end. anyways, in my bro in laws hospital, they treat d.o.'s really well. there is no DIFFERENCE> so please stop saying there is. I hear all the time. well do is less than md because the req's are less. well guess what, if you do good on your COMLEX/USMLE u are the SAME. If there is one group to look down upon its FMG. i feel bad for them. its not that they are stupid, its the system.............

you're as bad as the DO bashers :laugh:

do you mean to tell me that physicians from countries like england, switzerland, france, and germany are inferior to US trained doctors? Please, where do you think the allopathic philosophy gets its traditions and practices from? In fact, countries like sweden produce far superior physicians than any US institution. Dont get so geocentric is what im trying to say. one day you will work next to a FMG and he/she will be brillant and you will be proud to be working with him/her. im just trying to say, dont put people into categories. you are smart, you dont need to make your mind up now, take it on a case by case basis.

by the way, MD and DO's are different! And as an aspiring DO this should make you proud. One day you will be happy to tell your patients what DO stands for. But in the end, if you can truly care for people, who cares what follows your name.

Patients do worry. Before I knew anything about DOs, my wife went to one. He misdiagnosed her heart failure as bronchitis. Ultimately the ED at Baptist Hospital in OKC correctly diagnosed her. I wondered whether his mistake was due to the DO vs. MD difference. Now I know DOs aren't idiots, but I didn't know jack about them, then.

hotlikebutter said:
do you mean to tell me that physicians from countries like england, switzerland, france, and germany are inferior to US trained doctors? Please, where do you think the allopathic philosophy gets its traditions and practices from? In fact, countries like sweden produce far superior physicians than any US institution. Dont get so geocentric is what im trying to say. one day you will work next to a FMG and he/she will be brillant and you will be proud to be working with him/her. im just trying to say, dont put people into categories. you are smart, you dont need to make your mind up now, take it on a case by case basis.

by the way, MD and DO's are different! And as an aspiring DO this should make you proud. One day you will be happy to tell your patients what DO stands for. But in the end, if you can truly care for people, who cares what follows your name.

When one is comparing FMG's to US physicians, it is most commonly referring to those attending schools in third world and second world countries, such as in the Caribbean and Central America. It is well known that those particular FMG's have an board average in the failing mark. (Source: USMLE website.)

In the first-world European countries, it would be very difficult for a US graduate to even get accepted to medical school. The schools we are discussing are the ones that easily take graduates with very low MCATs and sometimes dont even require an MCAT at all.

This person is a closet troll. They haven't come out quite all the way yet, but they sure have potential. :D

FMG's have been known to look down as on DO's as well :p , don't count yourself so fortunate.... Why the hell are you posting this anyway? We're all future doctors, all equal regardless of the path?