You guys.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

justin_od

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
stapling the pages of the secondaries when mailing them ? Just wondering.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, always staple. Anything that doesn't go directly with the secondary (extra letter or something) should get paper-clipped to your stapled secondary.

I personally paper clip them...cuz then they can easily attach or take away some stuff with the paper clip....I also paper clip my check to the secondary....if I stapled it...it would have been hard for them to cash it :D

of course, fudd..that could explain why some of ur checks were not cashed ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by WatchaMaCallit:

of course, fudd..that could explain why some of ur checks were not cashed ;)

HA! Maybe they couldn't figure out how to separate the check from the secondary and took both to the bank! That would explain why I haven't heard from 12/13 schools.

Be careful there,

UC Davis says in BOLD "DO NOT STAPLE the secondary pages together after filling them out...or we will set fire to your little essays and you will never hear from us again"...well not exactly..but you get the point :)

Scooby, that's interesting - makes me wonder what they're doing with the secondaries that they want to be able to pull them apart with ease.

Moral of the story: Read the directions on your secondaries VERY CAREFULLY!! I know that I have gotten a few that said explicitly to staple. I guess it's up to you if they don't specify.

Originally posted by rxfudd:
•Scooby, that's interesting - makes me wonder what they're doing with the secondaries that they want to be able to pull them apart with ease.

Moral of the story: Read the directions on your secondaries VERY CAREFULLY!! I know that I have gotten a few that said explicitly to staple. I guess it's up to you if they don't specify.•

Really? which ones said statple? .....

:eek:

I guess I didn't follow instructions! lol

I would always paper clip papers together. Who knows how the admissions committee wants them ordered. If they want it to be stapled they can do it easily but if it's already stapled and in the wrong order or they don't want it stapled at all then it just makes more work for them.