You know how I know you're a gunner?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
...because you wore scrubs to the MCAT.
...because you claim to have never studied for any test but claim to get straight A's.
:cool:
------------
This is sort of like the "you know how I know you're gay?" thing from "The 40 year old virgin."

Members don't see this ad.

jackieMD2007 said:
...because you claim to have never studied for any test but claim to get straight A's.
------------
This is sort of like the "you know how I know you're gay?" thing from "The 40 year old virgin."

...because you made spinach dip in a bowl of sourdough bread...and gave it to your interviewer.

...because you wear scrubs on Halloween.... (dork!)

jackieMD2007 said:
------------

Members don't see this ad :)
...because you wear scrubs in bed ...

...because you've practiced writing your signature with an "MD" at the end...

jackieMD2007 said:
------------

Robizzle said:

that's actually really comfortable

Because you're the obnoxious guy in my physics class asking lame-ass questions that are completely irrelevant to the class and keeping us from getting out early. Butt-kisser.

because you're holding onto [email protected] just so you have it when the time comes...

(hangs head in shame...hides in the corner...)

:oops:

...because your entire life feels like a commute...

jackieMD2007 said:
------------

because you have MCAT bed sheets and pajamas

...because you managed to insert the Dr. prefix into your name on facebook....

Members don't see this ad :)
Robizzle said:
italicized "in bed" ;)

woops, didn't see that... :confused:

umm, actually that's what i meant - REAL COMFORTABLE ;)

zahque said:
..because when you have the opportunity to get laid, you say "no thanks, i'm going to study anatomy instead." then you pleasure yourself to the anatomy notes.

:laugh: that's the best one!!!! AHAHAHAHAHA :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ADeadLois said:
...because you made spinach dip in a bowl of sourdough bread...and gave it to your interviewer.
Well done. :)

jbrice1639 said:
because you're holding onto [email protected] just so you have it when the time comes...

(hangs head in shame...hides in the corner...)

:oops:

lol i wanna do that now but i dont wanna jinx anything

...because you start threads on SDN "What are my chances with a 41 and a 4.0? From Harvard?"
...because you start threads on SDN trying to freak out current applicants.

...because you named your poor kitty "MCat".

I think I read a post on SDN a long time ago about someone doing that.

...because your sole post on SDN is in an Official Score Release Thread....
...because your name on SDN is premedmachine....

GinGinChicken said:
...because you named your poor kitty "MCat".

I think I read a post on SDN a long time ago about someone doing that.

lol... I had a friend in UGrad that named their cat "Pivnert" as in PV=nRT hahaha :laugh:

strawberryfield said:
lol... I had a friend in UGrad that named their cat "Pivnert" as in PV=nRT hahaha :laugh:

LOLOLOL BEST NAME FOR A PET EVER.

...because you join SDN to ask how far your Ivy League alumni relatives will take you...

baylormed said:
Because you're the obnoxious guy in my physics class asking lame-ass questions that are completely irrelevant to the class and keeping us from getting out early. Butt-kisser.

The intent there is actually to stop other students from learning the material, so the gunner can shine that much more on the next test ;)

...when you are on SDN on a Friday night

(damn I need to find someone)

strawberryfield said:

Okay, that totally takes the cake. That is amazing. I almost spit my water all over the screen. :laugh:

GinGinChicken said:
Okay, that totally takes the cake. That is amazing. I almost spit my water all over the screen. :laugh:

lol... sorry, I wish I had made that up, but it's true!!!! :laugh: :thumbup:

Hardbody said:
The intent there is actually to stop other students from learning the material, so the gunner can shine that much more on the next test ;)

Did I mention he also sits in the front row?????

Which brings me to the next point:

Because you sit in the front row in all your classes and stare adoringly at you professors, while thinking of more lame-ass questions to ask.

PS....the cat named Pivnert stole this thread! That's the most hilarious thing I've read on SDN so far. Besides people thinking having a 3rd cousing twice removed going to an Ivy League is their pass into a top medical school.

baylormed said:

Which brings me to the next point:

Because you sit in the front row in all your classes and stare adoringly at you professors, while thinking of more lame-ass questions to ask.

LOL, I just realized that people from all of my pre req classes must think I am a real ****head. Oh well, things tend to be funnier when they hit close to home.

baylormed said:

admittedly, i sat in the front row of my ochem class, asked a lot of questions, and one day even brought in a model of the heroin molecule that i built. i got an a in the class and i'm sure everyone thought i was a tool.

zahque said:
admittedly, i sat in the front row of my ochem class, asked a lot of questions, and one day even brought in a model of the heroin molecule that i built. i got an a in the class and i'm sure everyone thought i was a tool.

I'm sure, too. :p

By the way, we, the indifferent back-row people who don't care about asking questions get A's in our classes too. Without having the rest of the class make fun of us.

baylormed said:
I'm sure, too. :p

By the way, we, the indifferent back-row people who don't care about asking questions get A's in our classes too. Without having the rest of the class make fun of us.

Lol. You can be... uhh... eager (i guess that is the right word) without necessarily being a gunner.

baylormed said:

I sat in the middle for o-chem and I got a B! :mad: where did I go wrong?? :laugh:

...because you wear scrubs on Halloween.... (dork!)
...because you've practiced writing your signature with an "MD" at the end...
…Because you're the obnoxious guy in my physics class asking lame-ass questions that are completely irrelevant to the class and keeping us from getting out early. Butt-kisser.
…because when you have the opportunity to get laid, you say "no thanks, i'm going to study anatomy instead." then you pleasure yourself to the anatomy notes.
…because you're holding onto [email protected] just so you have it when the time comes...
… because you have MCAT bed sheets and pajamas
...because you managed to insert the Dr. prefix into your name on facebook....
...because you start threads on SDN "What are my chances with a 41 and a 4.0? From Harvard?"
...because you start threads on SDN trying to freak out current applicants.
…because you named your cat “MCAT”
…because you named your cat “Pivnert” after PV=NRT
...because your sole post on SDN is in an Official Score Release Thread....
...because your name on SDN is premedmachine....
...because you join SDN to ask how far your Ivy League alumni relatives will take you...
…because you’re on SDN on a Friday/Saturday night
…Because you sit in the front row in all your classes and stare adoringly at your professors, while thinking of more lame-ass questions to ask.

GinGinChicken said:
Lol. You can be... uhh... eager (i guess that is the right word) without necessarily being a gunner.
Yeah I agree. There were some tools on the front row of my OChem class but I dubbed them that not because they asked questions (because I did that) but because they made a girl cry for getting an answer wrong on board. If that doesn't make you a gunner, I don't know what does.

strawberryfield said:
I sat in the middle for o-chem and I got a B! :mad: where did I go wrong?? :laugh:

Well, for starters, you should NEVER, NEVER sit in the middle. I mean, you are either a 100% gunner or 100% indifferent. There is no place for mediocrity or indecision in a pre-medical student's life!!!!

Next time, remember, choose FRONT OR BACK, BUT NEVER THE MIDDLE.

Anastasis said:
Yeah I agree. There were some tools on the front row of my OChem class but I dubbed them that not because they asked questions (because I did that) but because they made a girl cry for getting an answer wrong on board. If that doesn't make you a gunner, I don't know what does.

Wow, that's just plain mean. Shame on them. :cool:

Do people actually wear scrubs to the mcat?? wtf/??

Anastasis said:

That is sickening. See, where I come from, no one would ever have dared do that, because the premed advisor would have found out and it would be all over for them and their committee letter. The gunnerness was waaaay more covert.

I am the front of the class guy, but I don't ask obnoxious questions, but you will never find me on any row but the front. Mainly I've got bad eye sight, but it is nice to be at the front.

Also my SN on aim is doctor pardi, so that may be borderline. Also my only picture I have on facebook is of me wearing scrubs. So yeah I might need to get some more pictures lol. But I work in a hospital and wear scrubs everyday damnit!

I am a tool lol.

rskhan29 said:

Yeah, a guy in my administration at Northwestern's Evanston campus did. I sat and ate my hot tamales before Physical Sciences and laughed my a$$ off.

baylormed said:
Well, for starters, you should NEVER, NEVER sit in the middle. I mean, you are either a 100% gunner or 100% indifferent. There is no place for mediocrity or indecision in a pre-medical student's life!!!!

Next time, remember, choose FRONT OR BACK, BUT NEVER THE MIDDLE.

Don't sit in the back. That is the worst place to sit. Some miserable prick in my class sat in the back. I also had this kid in lab and he ended up sabatoging one of my experiments (I couldn't prove it though). It took every ounce of restraint in my body to stop myself from ripping his arms off and beating him with them. Apparently the kid was a hater, and was a little upset he couldn't compete with me on tests, oh well.

rskhan29 said:

I'm thinking the same thing...why would anyone wear a pair of scrubs to the MCAT? What are they trying to prove?

DoctorPardi said:
I've got bad eye sight, but it is nice to be at the front.

I have bad eye sight also, but that is just an excuse to sit in the front (I do own a pair of glasses).

Hardbody said:
Don't sit in the back. That is the worst place to sit. Some miserable prick in my class sat in the back. I also had this kid in lab and he ended up sabatoging one of my experiments (I couldn't prove it though). It took every ounce of restraint in my body to stop myself from ripping his arms off and beating him with them. Apparently the kid was a hater, and was a little upset he couldn't compete with me on tests, oh well.

Obviously he was jealous of your good looks and excellent rep with the ladies. Next time you deal with this guy, remind him that "Pimpin' aint easy." Okay? Problem solved.

Hardbody said:

Sorry to hear about that hater guy. I would have wanted to rip his arms off too!
I almost always sat on the back of my classes, mainly because of my huge SHYNESS, and it's always worked for me. In fact, the one time I got a really bad grade in a class I sat in the second row. So I guess it's a matter of experience.
Maybe if you go to one of those colleges with 1,000 people in a lecture the back isn't a good place to sit.
My college is relatively small compared to some state schools, so it's not that much of a problem.

And by the way, I WAS JOKING WHEN I MADE THAT POST. I have sat in the middle too, with good results. :laugh:

I don't think its so much WHERE you sit as how many KISS ASS questions you ask during lecture. I think the front-rowers like to sit there so they can RUSH THE PROF after class.

jackieMD2007 said:
I don't think its so much WHERE you sit as how many KISS ASS questions you ask during lecture. I think the front-rowers like to sit there so they can RUSH THE PROF after class.

No no, KISSING ASS just get you beaten up by the big kids from the back row after class. ;)

baylormed said:
No no, KISSING ASS just get you beaten up by the big kids from the back row after class. ;)

Unless you are the big kid ;) .