You know I need somebody...(Help)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adamj61

Fck'm Bucky
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need some help guys.

I got an email today from MN saying I didnt complete a question on the supplemental app. The question was Have you ever been convicted of any felony or misdemeanor (other than
traffic violations)?

I originally left it blank indicating that I have never been convicted of a misdemeanor or felony. I have however had tickets for underage drinking, disorderly conduct etc. I do not consider these misdemeanors, but ordinance violations since they are not a criminally charged and what not.

My thoughts are that since I left it blank, which I think a lot of people would do, is that they someone looked up my record, and the consider it to be a yes. Take a look at this, this is what I wrote them back.

>I thought it was sufficient to just leave it blank if the answer was
>no. I tried to log onto the web page and my user name and ID do not
>work anymore. Is this email satisfactory?

The dean of admissions emails (same person) emails me back and repeats the question. Something fishey is going on here, what should I do? I think I should write up a nice long email...or maybe I should call. I don't really know what to do and this is really upsetting me. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, I found some new info...apparantly anyone who is accepted they perform a background check on. They must have found my stuff, and they want to me to just explain I bet. Add I answered that no...maybe they would have rejected me. I am jumping to conclusions (not with the mat ;) ), but it seems like I need to just explain the situation.

do misdeameanors count? I mean, before you were 18?

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't read too much into it. I was accepted there and recently received the same exact e-mail request. I have a sparkling record so I doubt that there was anything in my background check that could have tipped them off to anything. I think they just need to verify that the answer is no since you (and probably me) left it blank.

adamj61 said:
I need some help guys.

I got an email today from MN saying I didnt complete a question on the supplemental app. The question was Have you ever been convicted of any felony or misdemeanor (other than
traffic violations)?

I originally left it blank indicating that I have never been convicted of a misdemeanor or felony. I have however had tickets for underage drinking, disorderly conduct etc. I do not consider these misdemeanors, but ordinance violations since they are not a criminally charged and what not.

My thoughts are that since I left it blank, which I think a lot of people would do, is that they someone looked up my record, and the consider it to be a yes. Take a look at this, this is what I wrote them back.

>I thought it was sufficient to just leave it blank if the answer was
>no. I tried to log onto the web page and my user name and ID do not
>work anymore. Is this email satisfactory?

The dean of admissions emails (same person) emails me back and repeats the question. Something fishey is going on here, what should I do? I think I should write up a nice long email...or maybe I should call. I don't really know what to do and this is really upsetting me. Thanks for the advice everyone.

These are misdemeanors for sure. If they were expunged from your record (conviction prior to age 17) or you were successful in deferred adjudication, then you don't need to admit them. However if they are on your record, you must indicate such, or it would be falsification of documents.

What the heck did you get disorderly conduct for?

Those offenses can be criminally charged, and you could go to jail, depending on the severity, your location, and how you interact with the police. They are likely considered a Class C Misdemeanor, unless it is a more severe offense.

Hmmmm, you seem to be very knowledgeable in the ways of the law. Question for you: if you get a suspended whatever (not sure if it was suspended sentence or adjudication but thinking the latter) and the charges are dismissed. Will there be a record if you don't actively seek it to be expunged...or do you just not have to ADMIT to the incident but the record will still be there? My guess is that it depends on the jurisdiction. Dank you.

OSUdoc08 said:
There are misdemeanors for sure. If they were expunged from your record (conviction prior to age 17) or you were successful in deferred adjudication, then you don't need to admit them. However if they are on your record, you must indicate such, or it would be falsification of documents.

What the heck did you get disorderly conduct for?

Those offenses can be criminally charged, and you could go to jail, depending on the severity, your location, and how you interact with the police. They are likely considered a Class C Misdemeanor, unless it is a more severe offense.

Dr. Donkey said:
Hmmmm, you seem to be very knowledgeable in the ways of the law. Question for you: if you get a suspended whatever (not sure if it was suspended sentence or adjudication but thinking the latter) and the charges are dismissed. Will there be a record if you don't actively seek it to be expunged...or do you just not have to ADMIT to the incident but the record will still be there? My guess is that it depends on the jurisdiction. Dank you.

Deferred adjudication/suspended sentence, if completed successfully, will leave nothing on your criminal record. It is as if it never happened. No need to even bring it up.

Record "expungement" is something you do as an adult to remove all offenses from childhood. These are those offenses that still do remain on your record and can be removed.

Keep in mind, however, that even if you don't have a criminal record, your school may still have such records, especially if you were charged by the school police. In this case, that information is available to any school you sent your transcripts to.

I am in deferred prosecution for a fight I had with a guy that my ex gf cheated on me with...I didnt mention that in my reply email. It will be dropped so I don't see the point. Thanks for the help guys, good news...someone else on SDN got this email, explained his situation and she called to accept him immediatly. So hopefully ths works!