you know you are a pre-med when......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
when you met your best friends and girlfriend in your biology class

Members don't see this ad.

Wow. That's scary. The 8 hours is a luxury I thought I enjoyed for not going out on Friday nights like most normal people.

I guess I won't see those for some time... :scared:

you still get some nights out in preclinical, just not every week and definitely not the weekend before the test. You'll learn to party proportionately more each time you are out however to make up for lost time . . ..my postest part is tonight and it should be a goooodtime. Maybe I'll come online and drunktype later tonight, nahhh I don't wanna be that guy ;) I do seriously miss the MCAT though, I thought people were crazy when they said that each medschool test was harder, cause that just didn't seem possible, but they are.

Members don't see this ad :)
....when you are enraged by people calling the MCAT the "MCATs".

....when you avoid socializing with other pre-meds, because we tend to drive each other crazy.

mainly because they dominate the conversation.

I second that and also..

You are excited to spend your spring break shadowing some new doctors.

Or you are excited its spring break or winterbreak not so you can go and hang out and party and go somewhere exciting but so you can go have more time to study for the MCAT and do practice tests without the distractions of class.

:oops: Guilty as charged. :oops:

When you snort when a freshman announces to the world their plans of being a Pediatric Oncologist..and they haven't even taken their first bio class.

As a med student this is even more funny since first years take the same attitude until they get put in line.

When you get annoyed with every movie that involves pre-med students and the whole process is completely wrong (Van Wilder and Good Will Hunting are the only two I can think of off hand) and then you feel the need to tell everyone else how applying to medschool actually works.

When you continue to take the MCAT (and even finish) even though you have thrown up twice during the exam, because you cannot stand the idea of studying all over again.

When you take a Biochemistry exam 3 days after giving birth because, one again, you cannot stand the idea of studying all over again.

Oh ya, and when you breastfeed in the back of the room during a review session. Now that's commitment.;)