You Know You Wanna...Chance Me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

salvatore899

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Been a long time lurker. This site is definitely a wonderful resource, though should be taken with a grain of salt ;)

Who wants to have a go and chance me?!!?!

Undergrad:

oGPA - 3.55
sGPA - 3.22
BCP - 2.9? I think it’s a 2.9. Not sure, but it’s abysmal.

Graduate GPA:

3.55 (still halfway through my masters, so next semester I'm planning on bringing it up to a 3.7)

DAT:

PAT – 19
RC – 20
QR – 16

OC – 19
BIO – 19
CHEM – 20

TS – 19
AA – 19

Loads of ECs. Many shadowing hours, interning, research, pursuing a thesis in grad school, and was a double major in college.

I don’t feel like I’m the best candidate, but my stats just seem so average.

Members don't see this ad.

Red flags I see is the meh on your sGPA and the 16 QR score. Generally you want to have everything at least 17, so I would recommend considering to take it again. You could also email some admissions offices and ask them their advice, based on your stats. ECs are very important as well though, so they may be able to propel you over that low QR.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Red flags I see is the meh on your sGPA and the 16 QR score. Generally you want to have everything at least 17, so I would recommend considering to take it again. You could also email some admissions offices and ask them their advice, based on your stats. ECs are very important as well though, so they may be able to propel you over that low QR.
I called some schools and they said that they can forgive a low QR score, but they need to see better improvement in other areas. Told them about my other ECs and graduate school, and they loved it. I know it's a red flag, but I'm just going to roll with it this cycle. Thankfully it's a 16 in QR and not something like RC or OC! Generally speaking, they weren't worried.

Thanks for your input bro!

You need to take the DAT again. A 3.5 is good for undergrad, but for a masters program they want to see higher. I only know because I've been through it. Your experiences and EC can only get you so far, your GPA and DAT scores are the first things they see... And now so many people are applying with high stats I just don't think 19's are going to do it anymore, IMO. Good luck with your application, apply broadly to a lot of schools!

Reactions: 1 user
Damn..

Do you mind sharing your stats? Here or in a PM. I'd be grateful for that! Also, I'm from the East Coast. Do you recommend any other dental schools that are more accepting of lower DAT scores? Other than Tufts and NYU.

Damn..

Do you mind sharing your stats? Here or in a PM. I'd be grateful for that! Also, I'm from the East Coast. Do you recommend any other dental schools that are more accepting of lower DAT scores? Other than Tufts and NYU.

Your DAT score isn't good, so just go study and retake the DAT. You are gonna need like 21+ to be competitive with your stats.

Damn..

I had a 3.4 undergrad, 3.98 masters and a 22AA22TS. Boston seems accepting of lower end scores and LECOM and nova maybe, but honestly at this point it's so damn competitive I feel like no schools are easy to get into with lower stats. It's crazy