You know you're in med school when....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just thought I would throw this quote up from a micro lecture on male genitalia today.

Prof: "If the human race relied solely on the lubrication produced by the bulbourethral gland for sex, it wouldn't have gotten this far. Leave that stuff to the female."

:laugh:

I love it. I'm using that.

Members don't see this ad.

when you value your time more than ever before...

when your followup to "I can't remember the last time I ..." is "oh jeez i really can't remember"

Members don't see this ad :)
know this thread is ancient and i'm not there yet but i had to bump it up!:laugh:

When you have thought about bribing the librarian to keep the library open for a cupple of more hours.... Even though the library closes 12 at night..

When obscure relatives call you for a second opinion about something their real doctor told them.

Since my friend who's an MS I won't post this, I'm posting this one for him....

"you know you are in med school when you are watching the cricket world cup and realize the Pakistani Coach has been murdered via strangulation and not hung himself and committed suicide even before the news reports its murder, all because your classes in med school thought you the difference in the fractures of a strangulation and suicide."

HAHA a PRE-medical student with 17,000+ posts, do u have a life? apparently not. U deserve to be a doc:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

go drink or something

You know your in med school when....

- You get excited when they learn you in class that to die from caffeine poisoning you need to drink 80 cups, so you can drink more coffee without worrying.

- When your teachers shows pictures of boobs on lectures with spinning/sound-effects... (Our prof did that when we had thorax in anatomy. The tittys were spinning around on the slides and the whole class bursted out laughing).

- When you wish you could skip sleeping, even though you love it.

- You go on a date and talk about dissecting and tell the girl you basicly have no life except studying, and you have to leave early because you have a test --- I did that on monday lol

- You think its weird when your friends thinks your gross for showing them picturs from anatomy lab.

- You laugh at people getting sick when you say you always get hungry during dissecting in lab.

This actually means you're not in medical school, but wish you were.:laugh:

Its comments like this that make people feel the need to emblazon their future alma mater on the bottom of each one of their posts.

Members don't see this ad :)
when the prof lists the s/s of anxiety and ADHD and you identify with all of them.

You dream that you've woken up from knee surgery an you've got your cadaver's leg grafted to you (in the same shape it was at the end of anatomy)... then for some reason, you have an in-depth discussion with your lil brother and teach him about various knee injuries using your own cadaver-leg graft to demonstrate.

That's gotta be up there on my weirdest dreams ever, but my subconscious has a very good grasp of knee injuries it would seem.

When you are watching horror movies and thinking that the main actor suffers from schizophrenia and that he is hallucinating all the time....

You know you're in med school when in summer everyone makes fun of your pale-almost-corpsy complexion and all you can do about it is go study on the terrace, since you don't have time to go on holiday. :eek:

when you're diagnosing people on the train/bus. I love this thread!

Haha, I observed a woman with Waddeling Gait on my way to class yeasterday... Cought myself in listing the muscles and nerves related to it in my head lol

...when "The largest vein in the vagina is the deep dorsal vein of the penis" is actually a funny joke

...when "The largest vein in the vagina is the deep dorsal vein of the penis" is actually a funny joke

I'm not an MS yet and that's funny.
-durty

...when formaldehyde makes you nostalgic...and at some point you're on a first name basis with a dead guy...

The number of people around here that take public transportation and have acanthosis nigricans is absolutely mindboggling. :scared:

HAHA a PRE-medical student with 17,000+ posts, do u have a life? apparently not. U deserve to be a doc:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

go drink or something

guju is an icon. She holds the fort down in pre-allo with a small army of others.

And I agree with the hunger after anatomy thing. After a few hours of dissecting all I want is a big steak or something. It is kind of disturbing.

When you understand why this equation is funny

c261547f-bdb2-4a8e-953f-4a8ea3773492.gif
+
paintbrush.jpg

okay, GO!

How about this: your primary news source is a beefy OR tech who is orgasming because Bon Jovi is opening at Summerfest.

it's 7 am in the morning and you are taking the subway home after an on call at the hospital and you can barely open your eyes...

When you give directions to someone, you use terms like medial, lateral, sagittal, coronal, transverse, etc.

When you look at the clouds at nite, you see a CXR with infiltrate

You know you're in medical school when you forget about SDN, and get reminded about it when you see a group of 10, very scared looking pre-meds on your campus in "professional attire"

you legitimately run out of ink in your pens and highlighters, instead of losing them

When spending 65 hours in the hospital is a light week, practically a vacation.

... you google a phrase from a practice exam question to try to figure out what the professor is talking about, and every result is a journal article.

Actually, this one may be an FML as well.

... you google a phrase from a practice exam question to try to figure out what the professor is talking about, and every result is a journal article.

Actually, this one may be an FML as well.
haha. this makes all of us :(

i had a dream about the gray's anatomy (the t.v. show) last night. and i don't know why--i don't even watch that show anymore. ok ok so i watch it a little. anyways i was in Rite Aid with meredith and that asian girl and they were talking about someone meredith had been sleeping with and then all of sudden meredith rips open this huge bag of butterscotch candy and it goes all over the floor.

oh and also i woke up to the sound of the garbage truck coming to our apartment complex and i was like "ugh why do they schedule the garbage pickup for Sunday mornings???!!"

it's tuesday.

i had a dream about the gray's anatomy (the t.v. show) last night. and i don't know why--i don't even watch that show anymore. ok ok so i watch it a little. anyways i was in Rite Aid with meredith and that asian girl and they were talking about someone meredith had been sleeping with and then all of sudden meredith rips open this huge bag of butterscotch candy and it goes all over the floor.

Don't exactly know how that's a sign you're in medical school, but okay.

Every food reminds you of gross anatomy lab, but at the same time you have no problem eating it while studying gross... (especially strands of chicken = fascia)

Every food reminds you of gross anatomy lab, but at the same time you have no problem eating it while studying gross... (especially strands of chicken = fascia)

I saw well-done steak when I cut open a left ventricle. Which is okay, because steak stops being steak once it's past medium.

Or rather when you're eating ribs you think of intercostal muscles and skirt steak is the diaphragm