Iceageheatwave

RiniMonster
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2005
Status
I was walking out of the library and thinking about my birthday (august 10th) and what i want for it...the first thought that came to mind was aamc 9r. how depressing.

anyone else have anything as pathetic as that?

dovebar

10+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2006
Vegas
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
The only break you allow youself to take is to go and read about other compulsive premeds' dilemmas with the mcat. I'm a study machine. :laugh:

Back to body systems...2 down, three more TPR chapters to go. Estimating 6 days until first kaplan test. :D

tik-tik-clock

CraziiiDesiiKuriii
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2004
Status
After locking yourself in a room with food books and energy drinks, on the weekend when you try to take yourself a break and try to fit in your jeans, you realize that it wont fit any more and hence the fat doesnt let you wear anything but a conservative top. Seroiusly this happened to me last night :scared:

dovebar

10+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2006
Vegas
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
tik-tik-clock said:
After locking yourself in a room with food books and energy drinks, on the weekend when you try to take yourself a break and try to fit in your jeans, you realize that it wont fit any more and hence the fat doesnt let you wear anything but a conservative top. Seroiusly this happened to me last night :scared:[/

:laugh: the premed life. :laugh:

isocrazy

Joga Bonito Baby
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2006
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
haha nice my birthday is August 10th too :D

TMP-SMX

Moderator Emeritus
Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
Iceageheatwave said:
I was walking out of the library and thinking about my birthday (august 10th) and what i want for it...the first thought that came to mind was aamc 9r. how depressing.

anyone else have anything as pathetic as that?
My girlfriend complains that all I talk about is the MCAT and applications. So yes... It's bad.

H and D

10+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2006
Minnesota
Status
Pre-Medical
I concur with the studying for MCAT = weight gain.
I just want the MCAT to be over so I have time to start exercising again (not to mention all the other things I have given up). Went to the doctor last week and learned I have gained 5+lbs in the last 2 months I have been studying, grrr. Not only have I turned crazy/obsessed from all this MCAT studying but now I'm crazy and my pants/shorts don't fit .

tik-tik-clock

CraziiiDesiiKuriii
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2004
Status
:laugh:
Thankgod I m not alone. That said, its 5:25 here and I m going to a mountain biking class that starts at 5:45.

Something about starting the day early makes me feels really good. So W00t! :D

66Lenses

10+ Year Member
May 31, 2006
Status
I did the same thing the other day. There's this one program I want to buy and I though, "maybe I can hold off till Christmas".

REAL exciting gift.

I think that's the indication that a break is necessary, but who has the time?

lytesnsyrens

The Phoenix...
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2002
Down Under
www.facebook.com
Status
Non-Student
I've actually lost weight since I started studying. Guess I'm forgetting to eat. Of course, this means once Aug. 20 comes around I'll bloat out like a bull frog...

dng_06

apple01
10+ Year Member
May 31, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
You know you're studying when your "study breaks" at the library are going to the restroom or lying your head down for 10 minutes... =(. Actually I lost weight too! Maybe that's because my senior year is over and I'm not drinking as much haha....but I do make time to workout 5-6 times a week...need to increase my endorphins because i DEFINITELy don't get them increased by studying! :(

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
The Big Easy
Status
Medical Student
this is real bad, but when i took it in april, i forsaked sex with my girlfriend so i could put in more hours for mcat studying. needless to say, she was angry, but it was a good break from studying when i did take them ;)

xylem29

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2005
Status
Dental Student
When your mp3 player is filled with ek audio osmosis lectures and when you use audio osmosis to help put you to sleep...

EBI831

legend in the making
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2006
Chi-town royalty
Status
Medical Student
this is a sad one but when someone you know's friend passes away and your mind can't stop calculating the seconds it took to hit the ground using the physics equations and g=10 m/s squared. and also when you have heated discussions with your siblings about what conditions bacteria survive best in.

Flushingfinest

FlushingFinest85
10+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2006
Flushing, NYC
Status
Pre-Medical
xylem29 said:
When your mp3 player is filled with ek audio osmosis lectures and when you use audio osmosis to help put you to sleep...

Hell yeah i totally Agree with you Xylem. and you wat even worst?? When your b-day is DAY before the actual MCAT (aug 18). very very very depressin wat can i say. :(

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
The Big Easy
Status
Medical Student
my bday was right after the mcat when i took it which was nice. But, what sucked was that the mcat was on the last of of my last spring break as a senior in which all my suitemates went on vacation. it was nice in that I got to use the entire break to study but sucked, cause well, it did

suicidal cell

Following the TRAIL
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 29, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
braluk said:
this is real bad, but when i took it in april, i forsaked sex with my girlfriend so i could put in more hours for mcat studying. needless to say, she was angry, but it was a good break from studying when i did take them ;)
You must've been really angry taking that test :laugh: Props to you man. I know that I can never do something like that.

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
The Big Easy
Status
Medical Student
I took out my agression on the MCAT. She actually snapped when i put her off to go check my MCAT scores (i went home righ away and didnt call her). After hearing "sorry baby- MCATs please just understand" one last time, she snapped and cursed me out haha. Man i always wonder how relationships will work when it comes to premed/nonpremed relationships. I do know that she gets alot of, do you kno what you are getting yourself into type of questions to her from people who know about us.

socal78

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2005
Status
Medical Student
I asked for the EK set for my birthday gift. Amazon took forever filling the order so I ended up cancelling and buying the books individually at the bookstore.

hopster

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2005
Montana
lytesnsyrens said:
that's sad.

lucky.

yea, it was not the merriest christmas. Unwrapping 16 mini-mcats on x-mas morning just does not feel that good. Oh well, got me a 35, so in retrospect: best x-mas gift ever.

Rahl22

10+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2006
Status
Other Health Professions Student
xylem29 said:

I am so guilty of that. I had to delete a ton of my favorite music for those friggen tracks. *sigh*

socal78

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2005
Status
Medical Student
when your the last one to leave your school's library and the first one to arrive in the morning.

when dinner is a study break that consists of pop tarts.

OP
I

Iceageheatwave

RiniMonster
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2005
Status
socal78 said:
when your the last one to leave your school's library and the first one to arrive in the morning.

when dinner is a study break that consists of pop tarts.
Yes!... i almost fear they might name a table in honor of my consistent presence

abadri421

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Iceageheatwave said:
Yes!... i almost fear they might name a table in honor of my consistent presence

You know youve been studying hard when you make good friends with the librarians. And when you dont have time to get a hair cut, lol I am hoping to keep my flashcards in my hair and beard during test day..maybe they wont suspect anything...lol

xylem29

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2005
Status
Dental Student
abadri421 said:
You know youve been studying hard when you make good friends with the librarians. And when you dont have time to get a hair cut, lol I am hoping to keep my flashcards in my hair and beard during test day..maybe they wont suspect anything...lol
keep it up peeps! we gotta rock this thing

akj2103

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
I am having severe MCAT syndrome also. I find it hard to remember the names of associates. They stop me on campus and I am like, "What is her name?"

Let's not talk about putting on the pounds. Not too many, but all of my jeans are getting a little tightish.

GuzzyRon

Son of the Son of Man
10+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2004
Under the shadow of the Almighty
Status
Attending Physician
when all you can think of is science...when you attempt a scientific explanation for everything...when you're too eager to apply the scientific knowledge you have just acquired...

For instance, I work in the hospital and when a patient died the other day all I could think of was:

"...hmm...since she is no longer breathing, no more ATPs are being produced because there is no oxygen supply to the ETCs in her mitochondria to act as the final electron acceptor. And as a result of lack of ATP, the myosin cross-bridges in her skeletal muscles will be unable to detach from actin so rigor mortis should be setting in shortly."

:rolleyes:

xylem29

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2005
Status
Dental Student
GuzzyRon said:
when all you can think of is science...when you attempt a scientific explanation for everything...when you're too eager to apply the scientific knowledge you have just acquired...

For instance, I work in the hospital and when a patient died the other day all I could think of was:

"...hmm...since she is no longer breathing, no more ATPs are being produced because there is no oxygen supply to the ETCs in her mitochondria to act as the final electron acceptor. And as a result of lack of ATP, the myosin cross-bridges in her skeletal muscles will be unable to detach from actin so rigor mortis should be setting in shortly."

That's bad........ :laugh:

Dr.Acula

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 17, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
GuzzyRon said:

Don't forget about the lack of creatin phospates too!

lytesnsyrens

The Phoenix...
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2002
Down Under
www.facebook.com
Status
Non-Student
My brain has given up on me. I can no longer make heads or tails of anything when it comes to physics and chemistry. Too many formulas floating around in my head. help.....