You were waitlisted what did you do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Whitney22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all!
I'm curious to hear from students who were waitlisted by their school of choice and eventually admitted.
Did you do anything to help sway the admissions committee's decision? Submit an additional essay? Retake the GRE? Additional Recommendation? Or simply wait for the committee to realize how awesome you were and let you in? :laugh:

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Don't know if this helps - but in my program - there was no wait list per se - they offered to their top 12 immediately and then as those declined or accepted - they went further down the list. It used to be hard for people to know they were not a first choice. Later they had a change where they waited until there were 12 solid acceptances before they announced the list.

In my experience - those on the wait list could do nothing to improve their ranking they just had to hope someone else ranked higher chose a different program. Often if someone was passed over one year and reapplied the next they were admitted.

It is so hard to wait to be picked - but just as you are searching for the right program - the right program is searching for you too.

Let us know who YOU pick :) when all is said and done.

Vasa Lisa