You will PASS the NAPLEX!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmD_XO

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm writing this post to thank all the people on this forum for helping me when I was going through such a tough time. I honestly pray that my experience will give anyone who is reading this hope.

Full disclosure: I took the NAPLEX a total of 4 times. On my last try, the fourth time, I passed.

I graduated from a three year program. The first time I took my NAPLEX, I studied for 3 months from the RX Prep book and question bank. I failed. I took the exam again 3 months later, failed again. I was DEVASTATED. I couldn't believe that I wasn't passing a minimum competency national exam. I started studying again from RXPrep. 2 months into my studying I decided to sign up for the Pass Naplex Now live course. It was super helpful. I actually liked the book layout much more than RXPrep. I didn't feel overwhelmed with information and it was easier to read because of the slide layout for each subject. After the live course, I studied for a month on my own. Took the Pre-Naplex, but didn't get my score since they were having technical issues. I failed again my third time. At this point, I honestly wanted to give up. It completely brought down my confidence. I just figured it wasn't for me and if this is a "minimum" competency exam, maybe I wasn't fit as a pharmacist. During this time, a few people through SDN reached out to me and gave me hope. Special thanks to tutum, shea24, LiLy988, and JJjang 83 for all the words of encouragement. Before I started studying, I took a mini vacation for a few days to clear my mind. After I came back I started studying for two months. I also stopped working as a pharmacist intern because I didn't want to take any risks this time around. I used PNN book and question bank and used RXPrep only for math and biostats for my fourth attempt. I took the PRE-Naplex a week before my exam just to see what my weak points are. I'm glad I did because it gave me the confidence I needed. However, I still studied the week before my test and reviewed chapters I found important, mostly math for at least 2 hours a day until my exam.Throughout all the exams I took I noticed a pattern, math and biostats is SO important. I had at least 40 math questions and 15 biostat questions. Everything else is completely random. My two pieces of advice to anyone reading this post: One, please DON't GIVE UP. You made it through pharmacy school, thats a big deal. These programs aren't easy, you made it out alive. You worked so hard through it all. Second: study math every single day. Do the problems over and over again. Make sure you understand how to do the problems and not memorize the steps. Thats the important part.

This exam doesn't define you. Don't let it get to you. I honestly don't think the NAPLEX is easy. Its actually a really difficult exam, but honestly good for all the people who pass without studying. Thats great. However, some people are different and need more time. Don't compare yourself to others and do everything at your own pace.

YOU GOT THIS. YOU ARE SMART. YOU WILL PASS.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
I'm writing this post to thank all the people on this forum for helping me when I was going through such a tough time. I honestly pray that my experience will give anyone who is reading this hope.

Full disclosure: I took the NAPLEX a total of 4 times. On my last try, the fourth time, I passed.

I graduated from a three year program. The first time I took my NAPLEX, I studied for 3 months from the RX Prep book and question bank. I failed. I took the exam again 3 months later, failed again. I was DEVASTATED. I couldn't believe that I wasn't passing a minimum competency national exam. I started studying again from RXPrep. 2 months into my studying I decided to sign up for the Pass Naplex Now live course. It was super helpful. I actually liked the book layout much more than RXPrep. I didn't feel overwhelmed with information and it was easier to read because of the slide layout for each subject. After the live course, I studied for a month on my own. Took the Pre-Naplex, but didn't get my score since they were having technical issues. I failed again my third time. At this point, I honestly wanted to give up. It completely brought down my confidence. I just figured it wasn't for me and if this is a "minimum" competency exam, maybe I wasn't fit as a pharmacist. During this time, a few people through SDN reached out to me and gave me hope. Special thanks to tutum, shea24, LiLy988, and JJjang 83 for all the words of encouragement. Before I started studying, I took a mini vacation for a few days to clear my mind. After I came back I started studying for two months. I also stopped working as a pharmacist intern because I didn't want to take any risks this time around. I used PNN book and question bank and used RXPrep only for math and biostats for my fourth attempt. I took the PRE-Naplex a week before my exam just to see what my weak points are. I'm glad I did because it gave me the confidence I needed. However, I still studied the week before my test and reviewed chapters I found important, mostly math for at least 2 hours a day until my exam.Throughout all the exams I took I noticed a pattern, math and biostats is SO important. I had at least 40 math questions and 15 biostat questions. Everything else is completely random. My two pieces of advice to anyone reading this post: One, please DON't GIVE UP. You made it through pharmacy school, thats a big deal. These programs aren't easy, you made it out alive. You worked so hard through it all. Second: study math every single day. Do the problems over and over again. Make sure you understand how to do the problems and not memorize the steps. Thats the important part.

This exam doesn't define you. Don't let it get to you. I honestly don't think the NAPLEX is easy. Its actually a really difficult exam, but honestly good for all the people who pass without studying. Thats great. However, some people are different and need more time. Don't compare yourself to others and do everything at your own pace.

i need help, this my 3rd time taking this exam, i do not know, please pm any help thanks!!!!