You won't believe what I did

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

r123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was studying physics (was stuck on some problem) and started thinking that I have so much to go over and this is not the only subject that I have to go over. I have only one month left and I won't be able to go over everything. I didn't do so good on the Princeton Review 2nd Practice exam and don't want to ruin my score plus waste money. I got so frustrated that I took out my MCAT admission ticket and wrote REFUND on it with blue marker!! Now, the only thing that is left to do is mail it. I think I am going to continue studying for it and take it next year, but this is the last pencil paper test. Now, I am wondering if I did the right thing.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd say you definitely acted out of frustration, but will it make that much a difference for you? Is this your last possible attempt at taking the MCAT for Fall 07 entry? If not, then don't worry about anything. The way I look at it, it's just an exam. Sure, I will get a little nervous during the exam, but look at it this way: a neurosurgery resident eats the MCAT for breakfast. This exam is truly a drop in the pond. If I dont' do well on this exam, then I won't go to med school and do something else with my life. Don't get too worked up over something like this. Once time goes on, you'll see it's really pointless.

r123 said:
Now, I am wondering if I did the right thing.

Only you can know that. Based on your level of frustration and anxiety, maybe more time woudn't be a bad idea. You can use the extra time to bolster your application further, so the MCAT will not play as great a role in admissions decisions. Bear in mind, as the prior poster said, that this is but one of many many hurdles you will be expected to get over on your way to being a professional. And in retrospect, it will seem like one of the lower hurdles. Take your breather, and try to put things into perspective.