Youel's COMLEX/USMLE Step 2/3 Prep For Sale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GrannyDoc

Former Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have complete set of the Video Prep, Audio Prep (on cassette) and 3 books as follows:

1. Clinical Pathways for the Clinical Boards/Symptoms, Signs and Syndromes

2. Prep Notes for the Basic Science Boards (needed because 85% of the Clinical Boards are basic science)

3. FUNdaMENTAL Facts

Excellent condition, all: used only once for COMLEX III (once is all it took!)

Dr. Youel is an excellent teacher: an internist who teaches at Nova Southeastern and has sat on the NBME board for many years, so he knows what material you need to do well on the boards. Therefore it is ALL high yield. Not only that, but he presents material in such a way that it is easy to remember, even for us older students. Lots of mneumonics (that actually make sense and therefore "stick") and many other helps.

Don't skimp on the basic sciences for the Clinical Boards - you WILL be sorry if you do! This set will help you do well on both the COMLEX and USMLE, Step 2 and 3 - so save money and get what you need for both Steps at one time. Another big plus - you get to keep the videos AND save money on gasoline compared to a certain professional prep company that produces material on every kind of board out there.

But this board prep is specific only to, and taught by, someone who really knows what's needed for the USMLE and COMLEX exams.

Will sell entire set for $1100 (I paid over $1700) or best offer. I would consider selling the audio tapes separate as there is little on the video that's different than the audio anyway. But if you have a fairly long commute and have a cassette deck in your car stereo - or the ability to plug in an accessory like iPod or a cassette player - the audio tapes are invaluable.

Good luck on the boards!

GrannyDoc

Members don't see this ad.

Just an addendum:

Kaplan's LivePrep/CenterPrep is comparable to the Youel's Board Prep that I'm selling above. Please not however...

Kaplan's Step 2 LivePrep/CenterPrep is currently $3399. And you can only see the videos in the Kaplan Centers - you don't get to take them home.

Step 3 LivePrep/CenterPrep is $1799. Again, don't get to take the videos home and watch them at your leisure - or if you're a resident, forget watching them at 10pm at night when you finally get home after a long day in the hospital. No audio tapes/CDs either

I paid just a little over $1700 for the Youel's Prep which included audio tapes so I could listen in the car AND the videos and books. Dr. Youel sat on the NBME board (they write the USMLE) for many, many years (still does I think) so he really knows what is important to pass the boards. This is an especially good program for someone who has failed once already.

Obviously you wouldn't be able to call him with questions anytime you want since it's used, but I never needed to since everything was very understandable. I did much better on Step 3 (COMLEX) than I did on Step 2 using this program - and COMLEX is much harder than USMLE because it's not nearly as well-written as the USMLE.

Please note, I'm only asking $1100 or best offer and you will get ALL the materials that you can later re-sell if you want. I've only used them once. You might want to supplement with an online test bank program if you want, although I didn't need to as I'm in Family Medicine and what we need to know for our inservice exams and specialty board is exactly what's on the Step 3 licensing exams. I just used old inservice exams for extra practice in areas where I felt I needed it. A good option, and cheaper than online test banks for non-FM residents/interns, is Swanson's Family Practice Review. Covers everything on Step 3, except OMM for us DOs. If you're not comfortable with computer testing however, obviously an online test bank or CD set up similarly should help to increase your comfort level.

Anyway, hope this clarifies for anyone struggling with taking - or re-taking - the clinical licensing exams.

Cheers,
Granny Doc (to be!)

Members don't see this ad :)
Are your tapes still for sale? If so, is the format VHS or DVD?

Cheers!

Ryan H.
Ontario, Canada