Your 2nd choice - if vet school wasn't a possibility?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If I would've started dancing earlier in life, I would want to continue with it. My serious backup plan would be marine biologist or wildlife biologist. My not-so-serious-but-definitely-possible plan is motorcycle racer :D

Members don't see this ad.

VERY enlightening thread!!

Realistic backup careers for me include (1) college prof - done it before on a part-time basis and enjoyed myself for the most part (2)
working at a wildlife or research animal rescue, (3) something in human medicine.

The DREAM jobs are (1) a public relations position in MLB, (2) playing in a Broadway pit orchestra (flute, timpani, or aux percussion), (3) record producer (preferably hard rock) (4) Drummer in a rock band. :cool:

Law School - my cousin had talked me into taking the Patent Bar :p

Members don't see this ad :)
I love art history, and would do a minor in it if my classes didn't conflict so much; so, maybe something with that.

I have thought about going into human medicine, or possibly using the M.S. in Biology (that I am currently working on) to teach. This is a tough question, because I have really been dedicated to not giving up on vet med. :oops:

Out of curiosity, how many of you have been asked a question like "What will you do if you don't get in?" during your interviews? If you have been asked that, where was it?

I have always been afraid of this question, because I am not sure how much the adcoms read into your answer, and I have heard of many people that have been asked this. Are they looking for a certain type of answer? (i.e. would your second choice tell them something about you as a person?) or are they just simply looking to see that you have thought about it? :confused: