Your advice please...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

funkmasta

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a freshman and was trying to plan my course schedule for next semester/next year when I happened to learn about the Mount Sinai Humanities and Medicine Program, a program that grants acceptance after the first semester of sophomore year. However, students who have taken 1 year of o-chem are not eligible to apply. Next semester will be my first semester of o-chem, with the beginning of next year being the second semester. My question is: should I delay second semester o-chem and replace it with physics to meet the requirements for application (thus potentially throwing me off track for a Senior year application if not accepted)? If given the opportunity for an early acceptance program, would you guys have opted for it? Has anyone else heard of this program? I know you guys are very busy with your own application stuff...I wish you all every success and appreciate any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

I personally wouldn't do it. Unless you know for sure that that's the medical school you want to go to and you think you have a really good chance of getting accepted I don't think it's a good idea. Unless you could take o-chem over the summer (between your sophmore and junior years)... because that would help you get back on track. Plus, the whole thing sounds kinda shady... why would they make you delay o-chem?