your approach for studying for the MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bevo

Radiology, R1
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
if taking it now. Just wonder how much per day you try to allocate for studying. And what your approach is.

Members don't see this ad.

Whenever I can fit a few minutes in, I'm down for it. With school and all the crap that comes with it (papers to write and novels to read), I'm happy if I get an hour a day in to study. I know it's not much, but when you're swamped, you do what you can. Basically, my advice to you is, from now until the MCAT, study for that damn test! Don't worry about other people and how they study so much, but rather try to maximize the amount of time you have to study and work as many sample problems as you can. That's all I can offer for now. Speaking of the devil, I should probably stop writing and go learn something in my MCAT book.

Take it easy

Atlas

I didn't study for the MCAT. I hate studying for stan. tests because there is just so much. I figure that if I did a pretty good job in my classes, then I should do ok on the test. I only got a 25P, but it was enough for me to get in. The MCAT is a large vocab test really. If you can understand what the questions mean, then most of the time the answers are in the reading sections. It is also an endurance test; they want to see if you can stand taking a test that lasts 8 hours. blah You will feel like crap when it's over. To make things worse, I had these two hot girls approach me after it was over and I was thinking "oh yes!" but they turned out to be Mormon missionaries wanting to convert me. I just threw my head down and walked off. lol

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:•••Originally posted by TheSouth:
•I didn't study for the MCAT. I hate studying for stan. tests because there is just so much. I figure that if I did a pretty good job in my classes, then I should do ok on the test. I only got a 25P, but it was enough for me to get in. The MCAT is a large vocab test really. If you can understand what the questions mean, then most of the time the answers are in the reading sections. It is also an endurance test; they want to see if you can stand taking a test that lasts 8 hours. blah You will feel like crap when it's over. To make things worse, I had these two hot girls approach me after it was over and I was thinking "oh yes!" but they turned out to be Mormon missionaries wanting to convert me. I just threw my head down and walked off. lol•••••TheSouth, I see you are from KY also. Where do you go to school and how do you like it?

I'm from Louisville. I graduated from Georgetown College back in May. I'm starting up at Pikeville Osteopthic Med School in Aug. What about you?

I am currently a student at Emory in Atlanta and interesting in attending Pikeville.