Your car now/your car when you graduate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else hate the styling in the new 3 series? Not a fan of the way the new headlights look at all.

Side by side comparison: http://wot.motortrend.com/refreshing-or-revolting-2012-bmw-3-series-126525.html

Even the mid refresh for the E92 3 series coupes BMW had was ugly as chit.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think someday, for my vintage ride, I'd like to buy a kit and build myself one of these:

superformance-mkiii-r-cobra_1.jpg

I think someday, for my vintage ride, I'd like to buy a kit and build myself one of these:

superformance-mkiii-r-cobra_1.jpg

those things are so awesome. I have only ever seen a couple of them IRL. Definitely on my bucket list. And now that ford is producing respectable motors again.....

The kits are actually quite fun to drive. We had a dark red one with a legit 427 back when I worked for my uncle. Pretty fast, but pretty loud.

A kit car? Really? Might as well buy a Pontiac Fiero and turn it into a Lamborghini while your at it. :idea:

those things are so awesome. I have only ever seen a couple of them IRL. Definitely on my bucket list. And now that ford is producing respectable motors again.....

Yeah. I was lucking my lips reading this article

A kit car? Really? Might as well buy a Pontiac Fiero and turn it into a Lamborghini while your at it. :idea:

:laugh: idiot. I personally think it would awesome to build my own car. No one's pretending its an original shelby cobra, which goes for well over 6 figures, is fragile, and something I would not trust myself driving down the freeway, much less a hairpin turn at 60mph.

If you can appreciate a modded out civic but not the beauty of a classic roadster....I could care less what you think.

Members don't see this ad :)
But you do see a point in building a 17 second car with cool bumpers...

At least it's actually a Civic.
I'm sure there are some Pontiac Fieros on craigslist that you can slap some lambo doors on to start your Lambo build. I bet you'd get alot of high-fives.

I'm sure there are some Pontiac Fieros on craigslist that you can slap some lambo doors on to start your Lambo build. I bet you'd get alot of high-fives.

Second time you tried that joke. :laugh:

A life sized model that goes from 0-60 in 3.5 seconds flat and is a masterpiece to look at. Why don't you read that article I posted above. I have no idea why you are talking about modding a fiero to look like a lambo. That's clown status, and completely different. Oh well you're a troll anyways so it's not like I really care what you have to say. Why don't you go buy some crayons and coloring books.

But you do see a point in building a 17 second car with cool bumpers...

I don't really like modded Civics myself, but I know a few of them can get pretty damn quick with a Civic SI B16, Integra B18, Prelude H22, or RSX-S K20 motor swap plus the potential to turbo them.

the kit car posted was an AC cobra. A car which weighs less than your civic (like srsly zomg....) and fits any ford small block push rod engine. So we are basically talking about less weight, with a motor that, with stock internals, can handle with ease enough power to shove a rod straight through your bottom end, in a RWD setup (i.e. actual ability to put that power on the ground). Also, you know... there is the whole looking cool without putting a primered body kit on a $2500 grocery getter you bought from your older sister.

seriously kid, I learned to internetz on car forums. come back when you actually know something :laugh:

I don't really like modded Civics myself, but I know a few of them can get pretty damn quick with a Civic SI B16, Integra B18, Prelude H22, or RSX-S K20 motor swap plus the potential to turbo them.

it can happen... but I wouldnt call any B16 swap fast without a crapton of money thrown at it.
Might be biased though. Came off of an LS1 platform. I guess "quick" is relative to what you have (or haven't) experienced :laugh:

I'm not a fan of Civic's with body kits either. Did you happen to read page one? And you can talk numbers all you want about your kit car Cobra. I bet you can make your Fiero fast too. But it's still not a Lamborghini. That's three times btw. Kit cars are for fake car enthusiasts. Don't believe me? Go talk to my friend Jay Leno.

I'm not a fan of Civic's with body kits either. Did you happen to read page one? And you can talk numbers all you want about your kit car Cobra. I bet you can make your Fiero fast too. But it's still not a Lamborghini. That's three times btw. Kit cars are for fake car enthusiasts. Don't believe me? Go talk to my friend Jay Leno.

http://www.kitcars4sale.com/play/w/jay-leno-presents-his-tank-kitcar

We know Jay Leno is a huge kitcars and replica cars fan. Check out his newest toy.

but aside from engaging your ingornant noobism -

nobody in here owns a fiero. I could just as easily say "yeah I bet you could make your civic...." oh crap... see, the problem with your comparison is you are already starting with a horrible car so I can't really compare down :laugh:

also, nobody said that the fiero (that they don't own) is really a lambo. It is about building a car from scratch, but considering that you have more practice placing sticker than turning wrenches we are probably just not going to connect on this one.

Alright, you win. When we're all attendings, you'll be able to have a bigger, slower, and less tasteful car collection than me. You can keep your ten civics with body kits, neon lights and JDM motor swaps.

I'll wave as I pass you, and it won't be in a fiero.

Cars are just instruments to get you from point A to B safely and comfortably. Most people are unlikely to drive over 80-90 mph, so the function of a sports car is the cool factor and to let other know you are successful. When you become a doctor, most people will already know that you are successful, so you dont need a car to tell people that. Also why would you want random strangers knowing that you have money? That puts you at risk of someone causing a fender bender and suing you. Also the first time I sat in a sports car it felt very crampy. Cabin space in sports car is usually smaller than a 4 door. Dont waste your money on a depreciating asset that can be so easily dented.

Excellent point!

That's an S5.

Damn I have an A5 and I can't even tell the difference between the regular A5/S5 except for the chrome mirrors and grills, what gives it away in the back?

Damn I have an A5 and I can't even tell the difference between the regular A5/S5 except for the chrome mirrors and grills, what gives it away in the back?

Really? I dunno about the new ones but the older a/s looked quite different other than gross shape

I think the tailpipes. 2 vs 4.

This.

And also the older (2008, I think) A5 has two exhaust pipes on the left side instead of one on either side like the newer ones do.

Really? I dunno about the new ones but the older a/s looked quite different other than gross shape

They look very similar to me. I would need to see two side by side to point out all the little differences in the front bumper and grill.

I think the tailpipes. 2 vs 4.

Ah true, but I guess I figured it could've been a modded A5 with an aftermarket quad tip exhaust or something.

This.

And also the older (2008, I think) A5 has two exhaust pipes on the left side instead of one on either side like the newer ones do.

I think it depends on the package. Mine doesn't have dual pipes. I only have two tips on my left side and its a 2011.

Since I am going to be doing nothing but fellowships and NGO work after residency, I don't think I will ever be able to afford one that is in good condition. Ever since I played Gran Turismo on the PS-1, I have wanted either a mitsubishi 3000-GT VR4 or a Nissan Skyline GT-R34. Does that make me ricey?

Anyway, I will probably just be like one of those old guys who thinks that the only good car was the car that was made when he was a teenager.

url]

Current ride (MS1)- 2011 A5

IMG_0102.jpg

When I get out of residency? A7 most likely.

Before anyone asks, yes I bought this myself and no, I'm not from a wealthy family AT ALL.

IMG_0102.jpg

Before anyone asks, yes I bought this myself and no, I'm not from a wealthy family AT ALL.

Not from a wealthy family, buys $40k car while taking out loans for med school. 0/10 would not read again.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

Correction, didn't take out loans for medical school. Goes to OOS. Is a little older (27) and made enough money to pay for school, buy a car, and have savings. U mad bro?

Correction, didn't take out loans for medical school. Goes to OOS. Is a little older (27) and made enough money to pay for school, buy a car, and have savings. U mad bro?

And at 27, still acts like a preteen on the internet.

And at 27, still acts like a preteen on the internet.

Just responding to inaccurate information. It was a car thread and I posted in it, I guess that's unacceptable.

Just responding to inaccurate information. It was a car thread and I posted in it, I guess that's unacceptable.

What did you do to make ~300k by the time you hit 27? Sounds like medicine was a bad move :laugh:

IMG_0102.jpg

Pics of the front, please, if you has.

photo.jpg

I owned a gym for about 5 years, sold it, made some money. I still have a few streams of income while in 1st year from consulting/teaching seminars. I'll probably get out of it after 2nd year though.

Yeah, medicine was probably not the best choice in terms of finances in the short term, but it's what I want to do and all that altruistic jazz.

photo.jpg

I owned a gym for about 5 years, sold it, made some money. I still have a few streams of income while in 1st year from consulting/teaching seminars. I'll probably get out of it after 2nd year though.

Yeah, medicine was probably not the best choice in terms of finances in the short term, but it's what I want to do and all that altruistic jazz.

Thanks, the wheels were throwing me off and I thought it was a premium model, but it most definitely is not. I don't remember those wheels at all. Which package do you have? P+?

Thanks, the wheels were throwing me off and I thought it was a premium model, but it most definitely is not. I don't remember those wheels at all. Which package do you have? P+?

I have the prestige. Nav, bluetooth, Xenon + LED, driver assist, MMI, rearview camera, etc. They had a white S5 sitting there, which would have been bada**. They had the option of the helicopter wheels (20" I believe) but they were like an extra 3k lol. No thanks.

Finally bought a car since moving for school. BMW 328xi coupe