Your Dental Office Playlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

donkeywhisperer

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
One of my buddies was just telling me that he didn't want to become a dentist cause he'd have to listen to some crapy soft pop station all day long. My reply to this was that there's no way in hell Saline Deon is ever gonna sing one line of any of her songs in my office. This is a portion of what's going to be on my dental office playlist. Add what songs you think you'd include. This is by no means a comprehesive list, this is just what I could think of in a minute or so. You can see that I'm kind of in an 80's butt rock phase right now.

Fallen Angel - Poison
Crazy train - Ozzy
Pour some sugar on me - Def Leppard
knockin' on heaven's door - Guns N Roses
Hold on Loosely - .38 Special
Thunderstruck - AC/DC
Don't fear the reaper - Blue Oyster Cult
Dust in the wind
Carry on my wayward son - Kansas
I wanna rock and roll all night - Kiss
I'm the one who wants to be with you - Mr. Big
All of Queens greatest hits
Let me go
I will survive - Cake
More - Bobby Darin
Hotel California
Lying eyes
Take it easy - Eagles
Anyway you want it
Don't stop believing - Journey
We close our eyes - Oingo Boingo
Any weezer stuff especially the blue album

Members don't see this ad.

Everything 50 cent! Ha! Ha!! G-G-G G-G-G G-UNIT! :D :D :D

Some of them Jamaican hotties on the flat screen to distract/shock the patients! no need for lidocaine! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Alot of smooth jazz and reggae...I want the patient to feel comfortable and of course I'll need to feel comfortable as well. I'll be sure to have headphones for the patient and their own remote, wired to a 500 cd disc changer, and let them flip through the book to see what they like...if they want to listen to music. The key is to make the patient feel as comfy as possible.

aawww. That's so sweet! :) :)

i would outlaw cher...

Remember, MANY, if not MOST of dental patients will be extremely anxious! Something calming is always good :) Though I always hated those natural rainforest albums with a harp in the background...listening to a waterfall for hours makes most people have to pee!

Funny story: My dad hates Whitney Housten (sp?), especially that "I Will Always Love You" song. He told me that it was even written in his office policies! I didn't believe him, so he showed me. Right there, in one of the first few pages, it says that NO Whitney Housten can ever be played or you have to drink a cup of aquarium water!!!!!!! Given, he runs his own practice and there is an office policy book just for legal reasons (and no one ever sees it), but it was sooooo funny :). (It also said that if you DO want to play one W.H. song, you have to apply 6 weeks beforehand at the post office in Bangladesh, or something like that). Not kidding!

(he's a dentist, btw)

RADIOHEAD

syn_apse said:
RADIOHEAD

now thats what i'm talking about..

also i dont suppose SYSTEM OF A DOWN could be calming? :thumbup:

thing about radiohead, it mite get some patients depressed.

i mean when you think about it.. as much as i hate that soft rock crap, it seems to be calming to most people.. u gotta look at ur patient population and who you serve.

It would depend on my mood each day

Monday: The latest hits of Persian pop music
Tuesday: Richard Clyderman and Yanni
Wednesday: 80's
Thursday: Top 20
Friday: The assistants' choice (I am out playing some golf)

Comet208 said:
Friday: The assistants' choice (I am out playing some golf)

LOL...well said, well said.

donkeywhisperer said:
One of my buddies was just telling me that he didn't want to become a dentist cause he'd have to listen to some crapy soft pop station all day long. My reply to this was that there's no way in hell Saline Deon is ever gonna sing one line of any of her songs in my office. This is a portion of what's going to be on my dental office playlist. Add what songs you think you'd include. This is by no means a comprehesive list, this is just what I could think of in a minute or so. You can see that I'm kind of in an 80's butt rock phase right now.

Fallen Angel - Poison
Crazy train - Ozzy
Thunderstruck - AC/DC
Dust in the wind
Let me go
I will survive - Cake
More - Bobby Darin
Hotel California
Lying eyes
Take it easy - Eagles
Anyway you want it

How did you get my ipod playlist?

you forgot
Cinderella
Van Halen
Survivor
Chicago
Boston
Foreigner
Styx
REOSpeedwagon
and
Europe
:D

Members don't see this ad :)
1992Corolla said:

you forgot
Cinderella
Van Halen
Survivor
Chicago
Boston
Foreigner
Styx
REOSpeedwagon
and
Europe

I am so glad you brought this up since lousy-no good "Todays hits, yesterday's favorites" crap-soft rock is like a plague that has taken over dental practices all over the United States like a deathly epidemic. It really has concerned me for a long time. In fact that was the main reason I was afraid of pursuing dentistry at first. Then I had a revelation: Open the first full blown "Heavy Metal Dental Practice." The floors will be shiny black tile accented with chrome in my operatories- and lots of tight black leather to go around!!! Big hair, etc. Novacaine will totally be optional...but we will specialize in fine "butt rock", along with a healthy shot of Zeppelin. Its going to ROCK!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just to name a few....Red House Painters, Radiohead, Death Cab for Cutie, Pete Yorn, David Gray, and throw on a little Deftones and Sevendust for the kids!

Gulch said:
I am so glad you brought this up since lousy-no good "Todays hits, yesterday's favorites" crap-soft rock is like a plague that has taken over dental practices all over the United States like a deathly epidemic. It really has concerned me for a long time. In fact that was the main reason I was afraid of pursuing dentistry at first. Then I had a revelation: Open the first full blown "Heavy Metal Dental Practice." The floors will be shiny black tile accented with chrome in my operatories- and lots of tight black leather to go around!!! Big hair, etc. Novacaine will totally be optional...but we will specialize in fine "butt rock", along with a healthy shot of Zeppelin. Its going to ROCK!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

More power to you. I saw on TV a while back about a guy whose whole practice was based on STAR TREK! I am serious. All the scrubs were designed to look like cp. kirks clothing, emblem and all. There were fake stars, models of klingon ships and the enterprise everywhere. Cardboard lifesize models of spock and borgs. Posters, everything. He was still very succesful. So if you are into the pantera, iron maiden, metallica, and RATT :D scene, then by all means DO IT!

my buddy is going to merge a jewelry store and a dental office to pimp fools' grills :laugh:

dentwannabe said:
now thats what i'm talking about..

also i dont suppose SYSTEM OF A DOWN could be calming? :thumbup:

thing about radiohead, it mite get some patients depressed.

i mean when you think about it.. as much as i hate that soft rock crap, it seems to be calming to most people.. u gotta look at ur patient population and who you serve.

I feel ya man, you're right that you need to cater to the patients, but I just think that enya has probably contributed to the suicides of more than one dentist. Synapse, kudos on the radiohead suggestion.

Gulch said:

Now that's what I'm talkin' about! Balls to the wall brother!

1992Corolla said:

you forgot
Cinderella
Van Halen
Survivor
Chicago
Boston
Foreigner
Styx
REOSpeedwagon
and
Europe

Just so you know I have most of this stuff too, I only have a few things from cinderella and reospeedwagon though.

How about some good o' fashion cup of silence (for a change).

For those patients who wants music, I'll let them listen to a cd player from the office with a playlist, or provide them with a mp3 player that has different genres. How nice.

What you must remember is that you will have patients of ALL ages. From kids to senior citizens and you are catering to their needs. Although you might like Ozzy or death metal, your patients might not, and they are the source of your income and thus their opinion is more valuable.

Plus by the time you start your own practice your music choices might change. I am all about satellite radio like XM or Sirus, they offer a shi* load of music channels all without commercials.

just food for thought.

howui3 said:
What you must remember is that you will have patients of ALL ages. From kids to senior citizens and you are catering to their needs. Although you might like Ozzy or death metal, your patients might not, and they are the source of your income and thus their opinion is more valuable.

Plus by the time you start your own practice your music choices might change. I am all about satellite radio like XM or Sirus, they offer a shi* load of music channels all without commercials.

just food for thought.

I'm sorry, but some of you might be taking this a little too seriously. Do you honestly think someone is going to play heavy metal over their office speakers? We've still got at least 4 years to go, so let's not over think this and just have a little fun!

Heavyd22 said:
I'm sorry, but some of you might be taking this a little too seriously. Do you honestly think someone is going to play heavy metal over their office speakers? We've still got at least 4 years to go, so let's not over think this and just have a little fun!

Bless your heart. I thot this was supposed to be one of those laid back/crazy threads, that's why I had 50 cent and jamaican hotties in my earlier post! Chill out people. :D

My last dentist always had some kinda light rock on when I went to his clinic and it really brightened the atmosphere compared to other clinics.

I did go once on a friday and he apoligized for the "chick music" because he let the front desk teenie bopper choose for that day.

When I shadowed an endodontist for the day, he played the soundtrack from My Fair Lady and sang along to every song. :) He was totally straight, too...I think the patient for the surgery was a musical freak of some sort.

We listen to soft rock in the office where I work. Lots of Elton John, Billy Joel, Kelly Clarkson; my day is never complete unless I hear some Cindi Lauper. It's the least offensive station considering the wide age range of the patients who come to the practice. Now it is holiday music 24/7; cheery and fun!

My dental office will be pimped out with dental chairs having built in lumbar support, seat warmers, and vibration. Each chair will have ground effects and chrome spinners. Each patient will have access to a HDTV flat screen TV to watch during their procedure. A subwoofer will be installed under each chair. Over my speaker system, patients will be treated to an eclectic mix of Luda, 50 C, Lil' John, Mike Jones (Flossin') and last but not least, Nelly and Paul Wall (Grillz). Don't you be sealing any of my ideas for a pimped out office now.

Hoosier Daddy said:
My dental office will be pimped out with dental chairs having built in lumbar support, seat warmers, and vibration. Each chair will have ground effects and chrome spinners. Each patient will have access to a HDTV flat screen TV to watch during their procedure. A subwoofer will be installed under each chair. Over my speaker system, patients will be treated to an eclectic mix of Luda, 50 C, Lil' John, Mike Jones (Flossin') and last but not least, Nelly and Paul Wall (Grillz). Don't you be sealing any of my ideas for a pimped out office now.

Now that's what i'm talkin' 'bout! woo! woo! :D

Yellow Snow said:
I did go once on a friday and he apoligized for the "chick music" because he let the front desk teenie bopper choose for that day.
How cute. Maybe I'll try that in my future clinic.

jk5177 said:
How cute. Maybe I'll try that in my future clinic.
Let me guess, hummm... was it the backstreet boys? ;)

a little bit of three six mafia's "Who Run It?" and definetely Young Jeezy's "Standing Ovation"

donkeywhisperer said:
Fallen Angel - Poison
Crazy train - Ozzy
Thunderstruck - AC/DC
Dust in the wind
Let me go
I will survive - Cake
More - Bobby Darin
Hotel California
Lying eyes
Take it easy - Eagles
Anyway you want it

Are you serious? C'mon now. Where the hell did you dig up that Mr. Big song? I remember that song in high school (I'm 31 y.o.) and how the girls would cry at the dances when it would come on. I hate to say it, but I think your playlist is the Nebraska State Fair line up next summer.

bpenly said:
Are you serious? C'mon now. Where the hell did you dig up that Mr. Big song? I remember that song in high school (I'm 31 y.o.) and how the girls would cry at the dances when it would come on. I hate to say it, but I think your playlist is the Nebraska State Fair line up next summer.

If so, then I am there man! Dude seriously what happened to the classic love ballad?