Your fears about the US Postal Service are True!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

justskipee

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Soo, I've been sitting and waiting to hear back from Georgetown after my interview in early October. After seeing a lot of people hearing from GT (some on my interview day) I decided to call and check my status. Turns out they sent out a letter on NOVEMBER 1st!! I should have found out a month ago, I can't believe it. What could cause this? Was is the wrong address...nope verified with him over the phone. So that leaves us with one explanation, the Postal Service lost the letter! I thought we had a good relationship, but then it goes ahead and does this. Total loss of trust. And now I get to have fun with the anxiety of waiting a week until I find out (make that almost 9 weeks of waiting total). I hope its an acceptance. :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :( :mad: :confused: :confused: :thumbdown: Ugh, this sux.

Members don't see this ad.

They couldnt tell you over the phone?

justskipee said:
Soo, I've been sitting and waiting to hear back from Georgetown after my interview in early October. After seeing a lot of people hearing from GT (some on my interview day) I decided to call and check my status. Turns out they sent out a letter on NOVEMBER 1st!! I should have found out a month ago, I can't believe it. What could cause this? Was is the wrong address...nope verified with him over the phone. So that leaves us with one explanation, the Postal Service lost the letter! I thought we had a good relationship, but then it goes ahead and does this. Total loss of trust. And now I get to have fun with the anxiety of waiting a week until I find out (make that almost 9 weeks of waiting total). I hope its an acceptance. :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :( :mad: :confused: :confused: :thumbdown: Ugh, this sux.

Same thing happened to me....twice

Members don't see this ad :)
That's trippy. I was always afraid the USPS was sponsoring Lance Armstrong as part of a diabolical scheme to take over France and bring over pigeon recipes to address the pigeon problems in US urban centers. But the kicker was that the pigeons all have RFID transmitters so the government can track us using the web of "Weather Satellites" the National Weather Service launched years ago. And then, think plan Z from the Spongebob Squarepants Movie.
But the decision at Georgetown has been rendered. Your fate was out of your hands for months. I'm sorry it's late, but you'll get it. It sucks, I feel your pain. I hope it's an acceptance, too. And glad my worst fears weren't realized.

DrMike24 said:
They couldnt tell you over the phone?

I just thought that myself, and called. I couldn't stand to wait for an entire week.

Survey Says:
Highly Selective Pool/Waitlisted

Well atleast I wasn't rejected. I never received a call, so I was almost expecting a reject or wait.

justskipee said:
I just thought that myself, and called. I couldn't stand to wait for an entire week.

Survey Says:
Highly Selective Pool/Waitlisted

Well atleast I wasn't rejected. I never received a call, so I was almost expecting a reject or wait.

that sucks. as though this process wasn't stressful enough already...

That really bites! This just reconfirms my steadfast loyalty to email.

ayznshorti said:
That really bites! This just reconfirms my steadfast loyalty to email.

No way, man! I never received an email inviting me to an interview at my #1 school. Only way I found out (luckily) was that they phoned me a week before to "confirm I would be attending" - surprise!!

(Yes, they had the correct email address for me - I had received others from them confirming my file being complete, etc... No, they were not blocked by any filters - again, I received other emails from them and other schools, plus I checked with the IT people & they verified that no messages for me were caught in the filter...)

Orthodoc40 said:
No way, man! I never received an email inviting me to an interview at my #1 school. Only way I found out (luckily) was that they phoned me a week before to "confirm I would be attending" - surprise!!

Geez, thank god they called. Atleast they have some sort of checks and balances.

Do most schools call to confirm?

My best friend never heard from her first choice school last year, even after people on here were hearing. I finally convinced her to call, and yes, the letter got lost in the mail. Thankfully she was accepted and is now a first year!

My husband's interview invitation from Drexel his first time applying was also lost in the mail. When he went for his interview the second time he applied he was asked how his interview the year before had been; when he said he hadn't been invited, the interviewer pulled out the letter from the year before! He also ended up getting in and is now a second year. :)

tigress said:
My best friend never heard from her first choice school last year, even after people on here were hearing. I finally convinced her to call, and yes, the letter got lost in the mail. Thankfully she was accepted and is now a first year!

My husband's interview invitation from Drexel his first time applying was also lost in the mail. When he went for his interview the second time he applied he was asked how his interview the year before had been; when he said he hadn't been invited, the interviewer pulled out the letter from the year before! He also ended up getting in and is now a second year. :)

Yup, an invite to one of my top schools was lost in the mail. I didnt know until I called AND emailed them and they said they sent it out a month ago but would reschedule my interview... um yeah.. So now I've decided to check in routinely with schools. I don't care if they think its harrassment! :) I figure better to call them and speak to someone directly since USPS apparently hates me.. :(

Here's another vote for poor mail delivery! Apparently my acceptance letter was mailed out Nov. 2 but I never received it! I had to call and request another letter be sent out.

My mail carrier sucks (erratic delivery times, sometimes still on the route at 8 pm, sometimes no show at all), and I can't really do anything about it because she has my balls in a vise. I complained once to USPS and I guess it was forwarded to her. When I asked her in person about my mail troubles she snapped on me. So be careful. There might be some truth to the crazy mail carrier rumor....

The USPS lost three of my LOR that were sent to Loyola, two that were sent to UIC and one that was sent to USC! NICE!! COMFORTING!!!! :eek:

Hey it might be a chicago thing! I'm down on the southsiiiiide.