Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Your fears about the US Postal Service are True!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by justskipee, Dec 8, 2005.

1. justskipee

justskipee Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Soo, I've been sitting and waiting to hear back from Georgetown after my interview in early October. After seeing a lot of people hearing from GT (some on my interview day) I decided to call and check my status. Turns out they sent out a letter on NOVEMBER 1st!! I should have found out a month ago, I can't believe it. What could cause this? Was is the wrong address...nope verified with him over the phone. So that leaves us with one explanation, the Postal Service lost the letter! I thought we had a good relationship, but then it goes ahead and does this. Total loss of trust. And now I get to have fun with the anxiety of waiting a week until I find out (make that almost 9 weeks of waiting total). I hope its an acceptance. :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :( :mad: :confused: :confused: :thumbdown: Ugh, this sux.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrMike24

DrMike24 eat, drink, and be merry
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    They couldnt tell you over the phone?

4. dashbddrumr

dashbddrumr Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Same thing happened to me....twice

5. DownonthePharm

DownonthePharm Chillin' n Fillin'
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Long live email.

6. jebus

jebus Membership Revoked
    Removed 5+ Year Member

That's trippy. I was always afraid the USPS was sponsoring Lance Armstrong as part of a diabolical scheme to take over France and bring over pigeon recipes to address the pigeon problems in US urban centers. But the kicker was that the pigeons all have RFID transmitters so the government can track us using the web of "Weather Satellites" the National Weather Service launched years ago. And then, think plan Z from the Spongebob Squarepants Movie.
    But the decision at Georgetown has been rendered. Your fate was out of your hands for months. I'm sorry it's late, but you'll get it. It sucks, I feel your pain. I hope it's an acceptance, too. And glad my worst fears weren't realized.

7. justskipee

justskipee Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I just thought that myself, and called. I couldn't stand to wait for an entire week.

Survey Says:
    Highly Selective Pool/Waitlisted

Well atleast I wasn't rejected. I never received a call, so I was almost expecting a reject or wait.

8. anystream

anystream Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    that sucks. as though this process wasn't stressful enough already...

9. PurpleHaze

PurpleHaze Takin it day by day
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    That really bites! This just reconfirms my steadfast loyalty to email.

10. Orthodoc40

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    No way, man! I never received an email inviting me to an interview at my #1 school. Only way I found out (luckily) was that they phoned me a week before to "confirm I would be attending" - surprise!!

(Yes, they had the correct email address for me - I had received others from them confirming my file being complete, etc... No, they were not blocked by any filters - again, I received other emails from them and other schools, plus I checked with the IT people & they verified that no messages for me were caught in the filter...)

11. justskipee

justskipee Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Geez, thank god they called. Atleast they have some sort of checks and balances.

12. chaeymaey

chaeymaey 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Do most schools call to confirm?

13. tigress

tigress queen of the jungle
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    My best friend never heard from her first choice school last year, even after people on here were hearing. I finally convinced her to call, and yes, the letter got lost in the mail. Thankfully she was accepted and is now a first year!

My husband's interview invitation from Drexel his first time applying was also lost in the mail. When he went for his interview the second time he applied he was asked how his interview the year before had been; when he said he hadn't been invited, the interviewer pulled out the letter from the year before! He also ended up getting in and is now a second year. :)

14. EastCstBound

EastCstBound Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Yup, an invite to one of my top schools was lost in the mail. I didnt know until I called AND emailed them and they said they sent it out a month ago but would reschedule my interview... um yeah.. So now I've decided to check in routinely with schools. I don't care if they think its harrassment! :) I figure better to call them and speak to someone directly since USPS apparently hates me.. :(

15. autoimmunity

autoimmunity Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Here's another vote for poor mail delivery! Apparently my acceptance letter was mailed out Nov. 2 but I never received it! I had to call and request another letter be sent out.

My mail carrier sucks (erratic delivery times, sometimes still on the route at 8 pm, sometimes no show at all), and I can't really do anything about it because she has my balls in a vise. I complained once to USPS and I guess it was forwarded to her. When I asked her in person about my mail troubles she snapped on me. So be careful. There might be some truth to the crazy mail carrier rumor....

16. TimmyTheWonderD

TimmyTheWonderD Takin' it 1 day @ a time!
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    The USPS lost three of my LOR that were sent to Loyola, two that were sent to UIC and one that was sent to USC! NICE!! COMFORTING!!!! :eek:

17. autoimmunity

autoimmunity Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Hey it might be a chicago thing! I'm down on the southsiiiiide.