goals:
    VR: 12
    BS: 13
    PS: 11

would be "happy" with:
    VR: 11
    BS: 11
    PS: 10

i will absolutely NOT retake this test. period. all of my eggs are in this basket, and if i screw this up its grad school for me.

i had originally wanted to apply MD/PhD, but after i've learned that i'm mildly ******ed, my goals have been revised, so now i'd be happy with a 31-33 instead of 35-36. that way, i'll just apply MD and, if successful, i'll try to reapply through the "backdoor" to an MD/PhD program after my MSI year as a med student.

i don't know, though, its still a work in progress.

researchprof

7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Feb 27, 2004
      Originally posted by superdevil

i will absolutely NOT retake this test. period. all of my eggs are in this basket, and if i screw this up its grad school for me.

i had originally wanted to apply MD/PhD, but after i've learned that i'm mildly ******ed, my goals have been revised, so now i'd be happy with a 31-33 instead of 35-36. that way, i'll just apply MD and, if successful, i'll try to reapply through the "backdoor" to an MD/PhD program after my MSI year as a med student.

i don't know, though, its still a work in progress.

That is why it's a gamble because you are uncertain.

A couple of people have made it into MD/PhD programs with 30 and up. Actually someone, this year, on the pre-MSTP forum made a 30 or thereabout and was successful.

Personally I wouldn't apply with less than a 30. I am going to take the GRE this summer just to keep the score should things screw up.

A point to note, SD, MCATtitude requires arrogance and confidence in yourself, the more arrogant you are, the more jackpots you hit in this gamble. At least we have back up plans so it's not a life-and-death situation :D.

I am still hung all around--do I apply this year? Wait till next year? Do more research? Get a PhD and apply MD later? Go MD and apply phD later? Arrogantly apply MD/PhD?--just a lot of questions. However one thing I am sure of is that I want to do hardcore biomedical research, and for many other reasons and interest in clinical science, I thought the MD/PhD would be the best option for me. But I am trusting God on this one. Let's see where fateful times take us.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.