Your grade in Orgo 1 + Orgo 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ForumHangout

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering what your grades were in Orgo 1 + Orgo 2... and if you found your experience in med school tougher or easier? thx!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I was wondering what your grades were in Orgo 1 + Orgo 2... and if you found your experience in med school tougher or easier? thx!

Med school is like packaging Orgo 1 into about 3 weeks of class time and then repeating with new material every 3 weeks for the entire school year. The second year is the same, but with Orgo 2.

Med school is like packaging Orgo 1 into about 3 weeks of class time and then repeating with new material every 3 weeks for the entire school year. The second year is the same, but with Orgo 2.

Thank you for your answer! I understand that it's possible to learn ALOT of things in a short amount of time in any discipline.

Members don't see this ad :)
correct me if im wrong, but dont med schools use your mcat to determine your potential success in med school/step 1?

Your MCAT is a marker of academic prowess. While apparently the majority of SDN disagrees, smarter, more academically sound students make for better doctors.

Wouldn't Orgo 1 and 2 fit that analogy as well?

I do this every year... I go to Colorado College. Hurray for sciences on the Block Plan. I have a feeling it's good preparation for graduate school and/or med school.

A's in both orgos... Medical school is harder, but not because the material is more complicated. There's just more to manage.

By the way, medical school has absolutely nothing to do with orgo. You'll never use that knowledge after you take the MCAT.