Your Grades for the following courses? Share :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Should note my classes listed above except A&P were completed at a top ranked institution since we brought "where'd you get 'em?" into this.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't really see the point in these types of posts. Who cares what grades people made in certain classes?

I'd also like to point out that getting all A's at a CC is a lot different than getting A's at a notoriously difficult undergrad university.

But I am also shocked when people include their GPA/PCAT score as part of their signature. Obnoxious.

Not to hate, but those people are probably saving time and helping those curious on stats. Of course, some probably do that to boast, but... is it only obnoxious if the GPA is high?

For the OP:

Chem I - C+
Chem II - A

Bio I - A
Bio II - A

Orgo I - A
Orgo II - A

Physics I - A
Physics II - A

Anatomy - Don't remember taking this...

No PCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im still in my 2nd semester of college so

General Chemistry I A
General Chemistry II (in progress of getting an A)

General Biology I (in progress of getting an A)

thats it LOL.:laugh:

I don't know how my GPA breaks down into the letter grade for my classes (As I only cared about the bottom line -the numerical grade), so my numerical grade for those classes:

Gen Chem 1: 3.5
Gen Chem 2: 3.5

Orgo 1: 4.0
Orgo 2: 4.0

Bio 1: 4.0
Bio 2: 4.0

Anatomy: 4.0

Physics 1: 3.5
Physics 2: Taking right now... but since I don't need it to attend the Pharmacy school I'll be going to in the fall, my effort in the class (and grade) have suffered some. I WAS getting a 4.0... was. :oops:

Oh, and my undergrad work was/is done at Michigan State University.

Chem I - A
Chem II - B+

Bio I - AP credit
Bio II - A
Microbiology - A

Orgo I - A

(not really pushing for the A like I used, I'm accepted now)
Orgo II - Probably B or A
Physics I - Probably B or A

Physics II - Not required
Anatomy -Not required

My PCAT was a 93rd percentile composite, with a 98th percentile for the Chemistry section. I took it before even enrolling in organic, before microbio and before physics. Looking back, it would have been a joke if I had taken it AFTER taking all of organic and biology lol!

Someone should plot this information on a graph! Put PCAT composite score on the Y axis and put the average of these classes on the X axis! It would be interesting lol.

I don't really see the point in these types of posts. Who cares what grades people made in certain classes?

I'd also like to point out that getting all A's at a CC is a lot different than getting A's at a notoriously difficult undergrad university.

But I am also shocked when people include their GPA/PCAT score as part of their signature. Obnoxious.

As others have mentioned, the stats help us to gauge what schools we should apply for or may have a chance at. People typically list what schools they are applying to and are accepted to right along with their stats. I doubt there is anything boastful about it with the exception of maybe a few gunners out there. But, even so, it turns out to be helpful information anyway.

Someone should plot this information on a graph! Put PCAT composite score on the Y axis and put the average of these classes on the X axis! It would be interesting lol.

You get on that, buddy! ;)

Chem I - B
Chem II -B

Bio I - A
Bio II - A

Orgo I - C+
Orgo II - B

Physics I - A
Physics II - C+

Anatomy - A

And if you have taken your PCAT, your score? Did not take, not required for my program.

Let me say that I graduated college with an overall 3.39 GPA which isn't anything impressive but I did graduate from a very good school, well respected school in my area. I went to graduate school for a semester and had a 3.70 GPA after I decided to leave. The main difference, I never studied in undergrad, went to class, showed up for exams. Chemistry graduate school, I learned how to study.

Chem I - A
Chem II - A

Bio I - A
Bio II - n/a

Orgo I - A
Orgo II - A

Physics I - B
Physics II - A

Anatomy - A

And if you have taken your PCAT, your score?- first try: 80 (no studying), second try (3 weeks hardcore studying): 81 :laugh:

I had three courses for each year because I was on the quarter system. I'll also split up my Lecture from my lab:

Chem I - A/C+
Chem II - A/B
Chem III - A/B

Bio I - A/B
Bio II - B/B
Bio III - B/C

Orgo I - B/B-
Orgo II - B-/B
Orgo III - A/B

Physics I - A/A
Physics II - A/A
Physics III - C+/B

Anatomy - A

PCAT - 85 the first time, 95 the second time (96bio, 99chem, 81math, 81verbal, 60 reading comp).

The point of these posts are to gauge where we stand in relationship with the rest of the people who apply.

I include my GPA/PCAT score so that other people who have similar stats know that they have a chance to get into pharmacy school and to not give up hope.

Chem I - A
Chem II - B

Bio I - A
Bio II - B

Orgo I - B
Orgo II -don't know yet

Physics I - B+
Physics II -didn't take

Anatomy - B-

This thread does not reflect the typical pre-pharmacy student! Don't be deterred by these high grades.

http://www.aacp.org/resources/studen...011_Table8.pdf

there was one on average pcat score but i can't seem to find it.

EDIT: The linked file is incorrect! I took a look at the title and it actually refers to mean GPA of first year students. I'll be updating my posts to reflect my error :x

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Should note my classes listed above except A&P were completed at a top ranked institution since we brought "where'd you get 'em?" into this.

lol I know right?

Mine are the same... I guess the cool schools don't offer A+P. lol

As others have mentioned, the stats help us to gauge what schools we should apply for or may have a chance at. People typically list what schools they are applying to and are accepted to right along with their stats. I doubt there is anything boastful about it with the exception of maybe a few gunners out there. But, even so, it turns out to be helpful information anyway.

You get on that, buddy! ;)

I'm actually tempted to do it, I'm so bored some times... LOL.

Chem I - A-/A
Chem II - A-/A
Chem III - B/B

Bio I - B+
Bio II - A
Bio III (writing)- A-

Orgo I - A-/A-
Orgo II - A-/A-
Orgo III - B/B

Physics I - B+/A
Physics II - B+/A
Physics III - A-/B

Anatomy - never had to take it

got a C+ in biochem, B in microbio, B in genetics

Chem I - F
Chem II - F

Bio I - F
Bio II - F

Orgo I - F
Orgo II - F

Physics I - F
Physics II - F

Anatomy - F

And if you have taken your PCAT, your score? 99%

Applied 1 school only and got in :xf::xf::xf::xf:

University of United States
School of Truck Driver
Class of 2013

Chem I - F
Chem II - F

Bio I - F
Bio II - F

Orgo I - F
Orgo II - F

Physics I - F
Physics II - F

Anatomy - F

School of Truck Driver

Class of 2013

oh what university of truck drivers is an accelerated program

It was offered as a weird 4-class series, so I never took it back in the day. It was 2 quarters of Anatomy then 2 quarters of physio (lab 1 quarter after lecture 1 quarter).

Weird weird weird.

Same here... we had Human Anatomy + Lab and Comparative Physiology + Lab, but I only took Comparative Physiology because they would not allow an Arts and Science student into Anatomy since it was at the medical school and only Nursing students required it to graduate. They had 2 cadavers so once the class was full there were no overrides :(

Chem I - F
Chem II - F

Bio I - F
Bio II - F

Orgo I - F
Orgo II - F

Physics I - F
Physics II - F

Anatomy - F

School of Truck Driver
Class of 2013

:rofl::roflcopter::laugh:

Ok so which SDNer made a new account to post this??? :laugh:

:rofl: @ truck driving school. Hey desklamp, did you get in this year?

i just got my acceptance email but now i am torn between the 3-year truck driving school program and the 4-year in-state truck driving university which is like way cheaper.

please halp guyzzzzz

i just got my acceptance email but now i am torn between the 3-year truck driving school program and the 4-year in-state truck driving university which is like way cheaper.

please halp guyzzzzz

In state truck driving school, fo shizzle.

lol :laugh:

I think this thread is too show off. We all know grades are nothing then why bother posted all Aces in there. I love to read the threads with low GPA, low Pcat and how people encourage others to keep one's dream alive. We did not see people who posted their low grades, all of them were super good. What's wrong with that ?

Would you guys stop to create threads like this please ? or give out all As and Bs then ask "What's my chance?" Come on, give me a break with those threads.

By the way, let's do 3 years truckdriving school, please join my club.

We all need to shut up and stop showing off

Chem I - A
Chem II - A

Bio I - A
Bio II - A+

Orgo I - A
Orgo II - A

Physics I - A+
Physics II - currently taking, hard to tell ... uncurved, it would be B+

Anatomy - A

PCAT - 90th percentile
Its ridiculous that any college would give out A+'s

please halp guyzzzzz

In state truck driving school, fo shizzle.

No, No, the accelerated 3 year program so you can spend that extra one year on the road, away from home, sleeping in your truck.

Chem I - A+
Chem II - A+

Bio I - A
Bio II - A

Orgo I - A+
Orgo II - A

Physics I - A
Physics II - A

Anatomy - N/A

No PCAT

Last edited:
Chem I - A, (D+ originally when I was 16 and didnt try)
Chem II - A

Molec/Cellular Biology - A-
Med microbiology- A
Genetics - A-

Orgo I -A
Orgo II -A

Physics I -A-
Physics II -N/A
Anatomy 1 and 2 - A, A

PCAT 58, 85 chem, 66 biol, 67 quant, 20 reading haha, 41 verbal, 3 essays

Most of the people reading this forum probably wouldn't believe me if I posted my grades (especially a full transcript) and then also posted my PCAT score, and what I did to prep for the PCAT.

Many (after seeing my GPA) would probably call me stupid for only applying to the (few) schools that I did and tell me I should have been more realistic and applied to more "backup schools" with lower standards.

Despite my (relatively) low GPA, I was just that confident that would get accepted to most schools.

My GPA in the classes the OP listed is probably fairly close to 3.5 - considerably higher than my overall GPA... A's in gen chem and ochem1, B+ in ochem2 C's in A&P (my school has combined anat and phys classes so... If they were split up it would have been borderline B/B+/A- in the phys portions and D's in the gross anat portions... think poorly upon me if you wish but I really didn't care about learning (memorizing) every bone, muscle, etc. in the body so... Don't actually remember what I got in all the other classes listed.

The RC of my PCAT was in the mid to low 70's and all the other sections were considerably higher.

This thread does not reflect the typical pre-pharmacy student! Don't be deterred by these high grades.

EDIT: The linked file is incorrect! I took a look at the title and it actually refers to mean GPA of first year students. I'll be updating my posts to reflect my error :x

I think this is the right one, because if you look at University of Florida, there is a note next to the GPA (d) that states at the bottom it was the science GPA which I doubt they would calculate after 1PD, they use the science GPA (well pre-reqs which include calculus) to get their GPA so that would make sense.

Why do you think that? Why should there be:

80-83 B-
84-87 B
88-90 B+

but not the same for A?

Does not compute.
The thing that does not compute is awarding A+'s on a 4.0 scale when an A is worth 4.0. It parallels the fact that many institutions don't award D-'s, as anything lower than a D is considered an F. Many of the top institutions in the country did not star using - and + modifiers until the last 15 years or so, and continue to not use the idea of "above perfect," or an A+.

Chem I - C+
Lab B+

Chem II - B+
Lab A

Bio- C+, C+, B, A-, B, A, A-, B, A-

Orgo I - B
Lab B
Orgo II - A-
Lab C+

Biochem I A
Biochem II A-

Physics I - A-
Physics II - A-

Anatomy - C+

And if you have taken your PCAT, your score? 93

Nova Southeastern 2.71 LOLWUT?

Wowow those are a lot of A's

Chem I -B
Chem II -C+

Bio I -B+
Bio II -B+

Orgo I -B
Orgo II -C+

Physics I -B+
Physics II -B

Anatomy -N/A
Overall GPA: 3.37

PCAT: 95%tile
Accepted!

95% PCAT . Sweet. How did you prepare for the PCAT ?

Chem I - B
Chem II -A

Bio I -A
Bio II -A

Orgo I -A (Honors)
Orgo II -A (Honors)

Physics I -A
Physics II -A

Anatomy -A

We have very smart individuals on this forum! Keep it up guys!

Chem 101- A
Chem 102- A
Bio 101-A

Should I take the January 2011 PCAT? I will be taking Bio 102, Orgo I and Precalc in the fall. I am not sure if those classes will be enough.

Chem 101- A
Chem 102- A
Bio 101-A

Should I take the January 2011 PCAT? I will be taking Bio 102, Orgo I and Precalc in the fall. I am not sure if those classes will be enough.

What you've got now, plus Organic I and Pre-calc, should be all you need to score very well on the PCAT. I had yet to take Calculus when I took the PCAT and found very little by the way of complicated Calc. The remainder of your knowledge should be sufficient to do very well!

Chem 101- A
Chem 102- A
Bio 101-A

What you've got now, plus Organic I and Pre-calc, should be all you need to score very well on the PCAT. I had yet to take Calculus when I took the PCAT and found very little by the way of complicated Calc. The remainder of your knowledge should be sufficient to do very well!

Depending on the intro bio sequence at his school, he may be a bit light on the bio - especially metabolism/biochem type stuff.

I am not just going to rely on the classes I have and will be taking. I also have Dr. Collins notes and Pearson practice tests. Do you think I will be fine? Plus do you think I can get into pharmacy school with a GPA of 3.5 or above but PCAT in the 40s or 50s? I am terrified of standardized tests

I am not just going to rely on the classes I have and will be taking. I also have Dr. Collins notes and Pearson practice tests. Do you think I will be fine? Plus do you think I can get into pharmacy school with a GPA of 3.5 or above but PCAT in the 40s or 50s? I am terrified of standardized tests

Some schools have minimum PCAT scores of 50 or so. For those schools that do not auto reject for the low PCAT, it all depends on the school and what the rest of your application is like. At most of the "better" schools average GPA of accepted students runs somewhere between 3.3 and 3.6 and average PCAT of accepted students are usually mid to high 70's.

Based on PCAT and GPA alone, and assuming the rest of your application is average with respect to accepted students - at many schools a 3.5 GPA and 5x PCAT would probably be considered borderline...

As long as you meet minimums for both GPA (3.5 will anywhere) and PCAT, then you at least have a chance. Just remember that for things that are below average you need other things to make up for it.

The thing that does not compute is awarding A+'s on a 4.0 scale when an A is worth 4.0. It parallels the fact that many institutions don't award D-'s, as anything lower than a D is considered an F. Many of the top institutions in the country did not star using - and + modifiers until the last 15 years or so, and continue to not use the idea of "above perfect," or an A+.

I thought like that for awhile too, until I started getting A+'s lol.

Chem I - A
Chem II - A

Bio I - N/A
Bio II - N/A
(My school didn't have General Bio I and II)

Orgo I - B
Orgo II - B

Physics I - N/A
Physics II - A
(I took AP Physics, which meant that I needed to take only Physics II in order to receive credit for Physics I)

Anatomy - N/A

And if you have taken your PCAT, your score? 77 in August 08; 74 in January 09

Chem I - A
Chem II -B

Bio I - B
Bio II - B

Orgo 1/3 - B

Physics 1/3: B+
Physics 2/3: B
Physics 3/3: --

Anatomy: A
Physiology: A