Your Key To HIGH DAT Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Orthodox Bear

Columbia Class of 2011
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just to keep everyone posted, I know people have been asking about different DAT materials and how useful they are....Kaplan is worth looking at, Achiever and Topscore are wastes of money, but the DAT DESTROYER is your best bet. This book blows them all out of the water and it has improved my scores across the board. It is a very worthy investment and I can honestly say it readies you for any question that the DAT can throw at you. Dr. Ramano is also very knowledgable and very helpful so you not only get the material on paper but also in person. I iwsh everyone the best of luck in your studies and please post what you think of the various materials.....

Members don't see this ad.

DAT Destroyer is great best study tool except for PAT(which i need work on!) Kaplan is decent kinda unorganized with the natural sciences but the PAT stuff is good although I find it much easier than DAT Achiever. I think DAT Achiever is well worth it as well. Overall DAT Achiever and DAT Destroyer are VERY beneficial!

I have said it before and I will say it again DAT destroyer is great. I also think DAT achiever pat is very good.

Members don't see this ad :)
Orthodox Bear said:
Achiever and Topscore are wastes of money, but the DAT DESTROYER is your best bet. ..

Achiever and Topscore waste of money??? What are you smokin! I dont know about DAT destroyer, but obviously you must work for them. Take it from me, someone with DAT experience, Topscore and Achiever were essential to my DAT score and experience I would STRONGLY recommend that anyone serious about doing well on the DAT to pick them up.

The reason I say Topscore and Achiever are wastes of money is because once you've gone through DESTROYER and Kaplan, any questions on topscore or achiever are elementary. If you havent used the DESTROYER I can understand why you would think the others are helpful or challenging.

what the hell r u saying man

I do not know about dat destroyer...wanted to buy it though...

but achiever and top score is useful...just my advice....
not forcing... :)

Hey all, from an outside point of view, I took the DAT previously using Kaplan (blue book) and Topscore, I didn't do so hot on it, so I am taking it again. Personally, I didnt really like topscore (I felt it was only good as a simulation of the test experience so you are familliar with it and the clock) I didnt particularly like the questions/explanations and their license policy sucks. I recently purchased Dat Destroyer, I haven't gone through enough of it to give an honest opinion about it yet, but I will say this much, so far the questions are very challenging, and Dr.Romano does stand behind his product, he called me to discuss the destroyer and any questions i've had (which haven't been many yet, like I said, I just started with it) I do get a pretty quick response. I will post more feedback later on for everyone when I have gone through more of the destroyer to let you all know what I thought of it.

Hello,

I am a non-traditional student who has taken an Organic Chemistry class from January 2006 to May 2006. My science facts are a little rusty now. I am planning on taking the DAT on Septeber 23, 2006. Presently, I am studying old Kaplan review notes along with working DAT's. Can the DAT Destroyer help me achieve a score in the 20's with my rusty skills? What is the DAT Destroyer all about? How much is it? Help!!Thanks. I can be reached [email protected]

Rhonda

orgoman22 said:
ANYTIME ANYPLACE FEEL FREE TO CALL ME FOR EXTRA HELP Dr JIM

Don't rely on the DESTROYER to make a "rusty" student into a high scorer on the DAT. For a rusty student to turn into a great student, that takes hard work and determination. Once you have that, the destroyer is the best study aid to further assist you.

Orthodox Bear said:
Don't rely on the DESTROYER to make a "rusty" student into a high scorer on the DAT. For a rusty student to turn into a great student, that takes hard work and determination. Once you have that, the destroyer is the best study aid to further assist you.

well stated

Clover said:
well stated

i think you should rely on kaplan for the bulk, and fill in with topscore, achiever, and or destroyer. the real DAT is most similar to topscore..ESPECIALLY MATH

I think kaplan, topscore, dat achiever, and textbook thats enough. :)