Your morning kick start beverage

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VentdependenT

You didnt build thaT
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I roll with the 12 ounce RedBull (medium sized one), a Parliment light, and a blast of tech-house on the way to the hospital.

How bout the rest of you.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I roll with the 12 ounce RedBull (medium sized one), a Parliment light, and a blast of tech-house on the way to the hospital.

A P-funk?!? :eek: Bad, bad, bad.

My poison of choice is Columbian coffee. And, a lot of it. Don't do anything else... smoke, drink (okay, once a month on the weekends, maybe), or other "recreational" substances. My favorite morning kickstart is hitting the gym... or, should say used to be. But, I'd have to get up WAY too early anymore to do that. Now, it's just my "sleeping pill".

-copro

Got back on it for two weeks in December, seemed to be OK, then had a major spasm and felt like I was having a heart attack. Doubled over and had to tell everyone I was fine and just needed time to before it passed (thankfully it did or else back to the ER).

Dealing with it last year was one of the big reasons I stopped posting last year along with the bad apples that seemed to keep flooding our forum.

Got back on it for two weeks in December, seemed to be OK, then had a major spasm and felt like I was having a heart attack. Doubled over and had to tell everyone I was fine and just needed time to before it passed (thankfully it did or else back to the ER).

Dealing with it last year was one of the big reasons I stopped posting last year along with the bad apples that seemed to keep flooding our forum.

Grind up a nifedipine and put it in your coffee

How bout the rest of you.

If I've slumbered at my hottie's hacienda we awaken at the same time. She goes into the bathroom, starts the shower, goes downstairs to let the Italian Mastiff out to pee-pee,

and she makes me coffee. :love:

Very strong, columbian blend.

Showered, dressed, and into the MONSTA TRUCK.

I cop a dippa Copenhagen on the way to the hospital.

Hottie drops off assassin dog at doggy day-care. :)laugh:)

We meet in the doctors lounge.

She cuts'em open.

I keep'em asleep.

Hottie doesn't drink coffee....instead takes a caffeine pill every morning....

struck me kinda strange until I figured out that she can't go pee whenever she wants like I can.......

What kinda dog you got Jet?

My parents have a shizu (spelling). I'm not into frilly lap dogs but this thing is so f-ck'n loyal and fun its insane.

My dad had a half WOLF and half shepard. It was awsome.

A P-funk?!? :eek: Bad, bad, bad.

My poison of choice is Columbian coffee. And, a lot of it. Don't do anything else... smoke, drink (okay, once a month on the weekends, maybe), or other "recreational" substances. My favorite morning kickstart is hitting the gym... or, should say used to be. But, I'd have to get up WAY too early anymore to do that. Now, it's just my "sleeping pill".

-copro

Yeah yeah, I know. I'll be quitting very very soon.

My parents have a shizu (spelling). I'm not into frilly lap dogs but this thing is so f-ck'n loyal and fun its insane.

S.O. has a 110 pound Italian Mastiff, Venty.

As soon as I figure out how to post an image like you told me too, I'll post a picture of her.

She looks like a f u kkin assassin dog.

But her temperment is anything but assassin.

We'll be walking in the park..... a 20 lb dog and owner will approach.....assassin dog lays down in submission mode......

"HEY ASSASSIN DOG!!!! "WTF are ya doin'?

I hate it when she does that. Need the OGs to think she's fierce.

Members don't see this ad :)
family_photo_detail.asp

Got one of those. Big female. Real aggressive towards other females. Hunts like nothing you have ever seen. Tore both ACL's catching squirrels. I have never seen another dog push her around except my 85 lb boxer who died 2 years ago. She was a push over for him, absolutely loved him. We have now adopted two other dogs to keep her company. A 2 yr old boxer, this dude is strong and another mix dog 9 months old which looks like rotweiller and husky mixed. My boxer just ate the seatbelt to my Range Rover today while skiing.

Oh, back to the thread. I drink French Roast every morning. Mostly Starbucks, its just so damn consistant.

Grind up a nifedipine and put it in your coffee

don't grind it up...you'll get unsightly bits in your coffee....

use the gel-caps, suck the nifed out with a syringe, squirt into your coffee and away we go!

beat that, starbucks!:laugh:

0.5 L Ice Mountain Spring Water baby!

I drink a giant mug (4 "cups" worth) of either Nicaraguan, Costa Rican, Sumatran, or a blend of the above. Get it at some hippie-run free trade coffee place in Oakland when we go visit the wife's family, and the coffee is the frigging bomb. No cream, no sugar, just pure black mud.

Our best wedding present by far was a coffee maker with built in grinder and timer- makes getting out of bed that much easier when I hear the grinder go off and know that in 5 minutes my kick start will be ready.

ice water and wheat crackers from the PACU food stash. Sad.

And, Jet, I'm curious, you're dating a surgeon? How did all that shake out? What kind of surgeon? I'm sure it's none of my/our business, but since you alluded to it, I thought I'd ask.

Got one of those. Big female. Real aggressive towards other females. Hunts like nothing you have ever seen. Tore both ACL's catching squirrels. I have never seen another dog push her around except my 85 lb boxer who died 2 years ago. She was a push over for him, absolutely loved him. We have now adopted two other dogs to keep her company. A 2 yr old boxer, this dude is strong and another mix dog 9 months old which looks like rotweiller and husky mixed. My boxer just ate the seatbelt to my Range Rover today while skiing.

Oh, back to the thread. I drink French Roast every morning. Mostly Starbucks, its just so damn consistant.

Haha.

My dad had this choco lab named Hershey. I used to throw a tennis ball down a huge hill, have it bounce off the dock, and into the lake where my dad lived. Dog would haul so much ass and do a flying leap off the dock into the lake with every throw, following the ball. I did that until my arm couldn't do it anymore. The dog still wanted to chase more balls dude.

One day it tried to fetch an M-80 some kids threw off a dock down the way. It blew up about 2 feet from the dogs head. Knocked him out cold and blew out one of his ear drums. But he came back.

Oh yeah, he used to EAT the friggen tennis balls.

And, Jet, I'm curious, you're dating a surgeon? How did all that shake out? What kind of surgeon? I'm sure it's none of my/our business, but since you alluded to it, I thought I'd ask.

Yep.

General surgeon.

How'd it shake out? You know....boy meets girl, girl meets boy, timings right, common interests, chemistry, mutual attraction, mutual wacky sense of humor, etc.

Its a wacky world, huh?

I drink a giant mug (4 "cups" worth) of either Nicaraguan, Costa Rican, Sumatran, or a blend of the above. Get it at some hippie-run free trade coffee place in Oakland when we go visit the wife's family, and the coffee is the frigging bomb. No cream, no sugar, just pure black mud.

Our best wedding present by far was a coffee maker with built in grinder and timer- makes getting out of bed that much easier when I hear the grinder go off and know that in 5 minutes my kick start will be ready.

That Costa Rican stuff is the Bomb. I got hooked on it will on a surf trip there and I think I went thru withdrawls after leaving. I called it "Costa Rican Crack". I drink it black or with a little honey, never sugar. Sugar ruins the favor in my opinion.

Also got that fancy coffey maker. It works great but it spills when pouring. Do you have that problem as well?

That Costa Rican stuff is the Bomb. I got hooked on it will on a surf trip there and I think I went thru withdrawls after leaving. I called it "Costa Rican Crack". I drink it black or with a little honey, never sugar. Sugar ruins the favor in my opinion.

Also got that fancy coffey maker. It works great but it spills when pouring. Do you have that problem as well?

Yeah, the coffee in Costa Rica was so, so good. Pretty much everything about that place is good- I can't wait to go back. Only problem with surfing there though- I got a raging middle ear infection a few days after my last session that got so bad it actually perfed my TM, needed a bunch of ofloxacin to clear it, and God was it painful until it perfed. But the surf was worth it for sure.

Our coffee maker spills just a tiny little bit and only sometimes, I wouldn't say it's a big problem. Cleaning the thing after every use is a bitch but definitely worth the trouble.

I think I might have to book another trip down there soon. Costa Rica is frigging great.

Whoa, very cool. Can you post a pic? I'd like to see that bad boy.

As for my morning vice, regular old Maxwell House is the traditional staple. But, if I'm on the road, nothin beats Dunkin Donuts coffee. Very smooth!

Hey Noy, can you post up a pic? Love dogs. Have a 70 lb golden retriever myself. I'll try getting a pic up.

Also got that fancy coffey maker. It works great but it spills when pouring. Do you have that problem as well?[/QUOTE]

lol Let's just say that whenever I go to pour a cup of coffee (or fill the reservoir with water for that matter), I take a minimum of 3 sheets of paper towels with me....

It does pour fine if you pour slowwww enough. But, that takes too much patience.

As for my morning vice, regular old Maxwell House is the traditional staple. But, if I'm on the road, nothin beats Dunkin Donuts coffee. Very smooth![/QUOTE]

Try the Turbo from dunkin donuts (coffee with two shots of espresso). I don't know if America runs on dunkin, but numb sure does.

I'm something of a foodie with my AM choice of NRG. I bought my fiancee a Gaggia Compact Digital espresso machine http://www.wholelattelove.com/Gaggia/compact_digital.cfm last year... and now that we live together, it's mine too (heh heh..). It's a super automatic, which means it will grind the beans, tamp them, brew a shot, then dump the spent grinds in a bin - all at the push of a button, and within about 90 seconds of turning the thing on. Once you learn the art of steaming milk, that works well too. I don't know how I got along without it. The espresso is not the best ever, but it's a bit better than Starbucks. I tend to prefer beans from the far East, like Sulaweisi. Ily makes excellent beans for espresso as well, but at $11/half pound, they ain't cheap. I've tried lots of bean varieties from all over, and Starbucks beans are about as good as the best I've had elsewhere, and nothing beats their convenience.

lol Let's just say that whenever I go to pour a cup of coffee (or fill the reservoir with water for that matter), I take a minimum of 3 sheets of paper towels with me....

It does pour fine if you pour slowwww enough. But, that takes too much patience.

Really? No, I have nothing like that at all. Maybe I'll get a couple rogue drips every 3-4 days, but it's not at all a significant problem.

Is this the Cuisinart model we're talking about? Cuz I'm thrilled with mine.

Really? No, I have nothing like that at all. Maybe I'll get a couple rogue drips every 3-4 days, but it's not at all a significant problem.

Naw. Mine is pretty cheap. It's just a design flaw in the shape of the pot, where it's funneled to pour. Crappy design.

Neopolitan Mastiffs are truely badass. My friend had one and it was a hoss.

Coffee and a workout pretty much get me going in the am.

Yes, I'm talking about the cuzinart one. I have to turn the damn pot completely upside down when poring a cup or else I will have a puddle on hte counter next to my cup. And cleaning the damn thing after every use is also a PITA but I still love this thing.

Yes, I'm talking about the cuzinart one. I have to turn the damn pot completely upside down when poring a cup or else I will have a puddle on hte counter next to my cup. And cleaning the damn thing after every use is also a PITA but I still love this thing.

Heaven forbid they actually test their product before releasing it..... Mine is so bad that they literally must have said, "Yep, poors like ****. But, we're already too far along...." I wonder if I could somehow manage a warranty claim...

Don't you especially like the view of the boxer?

I don't think my wife could have got a better shot of his bunghole.

:laugh::laugh: Holy ****, that's funny. Dogs crack me up. Today, I'm walking my "princess" golden retriever. Took her to the local metro-park to let her run around without a leash etc... So, she proceeds to roll in pretty much every stinky, ****ty, rotten thing she possibly can. When I catch up to her, I find her over by the picnic tables rolling around in a FRIGGIN OLD, ROTTEN, CIGAR!!!!!! LOL LOL

We had a wolf husky mix for 14 years. When he saw any kid or dog he immediately went belly up whining for some love. But anyone he didn't know he acted like they were going to be his dinner until you looked closer and saw he was wagging like crazy while barking, baring his fangs, and standing his fur up. We know have a Chow Australian Sheppard Mix and a Beagle Chihuahua mix. Of course the little guy (Tank) thinks he is a Rot and our big guy (Rico) thinks he is a Chihuahua. We also have 3 cats at our Noah's Ark. I would like to add a Great Pyrenees to our family one of these days.

Oh my morning pick me up ------440z Diet Pepsi from a fountain (has more fizz) at the gas station not bottle or can. :)

S.O. has a 110 pound Italian Mastiff, Venty.
Continuing the dog derailment - we have an 80 pound lab/rottweiler mutt, and I used to think he was a big dog. Then we got this guy ...
doofus.jpg

125 pounds and still packing on muscle. Nothing in the picture for scale, so it doesn't really do him justice. I'm 6'6" and he puts his paws on my shoulders to say hello. (Trying to break him of that habit.) He makes our 80 pounder look like he belongs in a Taco Bell commercial. :)

Continuing the dog derailment - we have an 80 pound lab/rottweiler mutt, and I used to think he was a big dog. Then we got this guy ...
doofus.jpg

125 pounds and still packing on muscle. Nothing in the picture for scale, so it doesn't really do him justice. I'm 6'6" and he puts his paws on my shoulders to say hello. (Trying to break him of that habit.) He makes our 80 pounder look like he belongs in a Taco Bell commercial. :)

:eek:

Whats his name? SIR?