Your opinion...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorSaab

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Shall I take 16 hours this semester and 12 the next... or 13 this semester and 15 the next?

This semester I am supposed to take organic chem (no lab), biology w/1 lab per week, and then 3 gen eds. Next year in the spring.. i have organic chem with 2 labs per week, bio w/one lab... and then one gen-ed (that is if i take 16 hrs this semester and 12 the next).

I know you guys will say do what is easy for you... but i'm asking for your opinion... what would u do if u were in my place, and why.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I have heard that UOP wants at least two or three "major-approved" science courses a semesters. Classes including cell biology, ochem and the such are fine. They do not include human sexuality, intro. to marine wildlife, etc.

I think you should take at least two science classes a semester, maybe ochem and a bio class. Also, having at least 15 units a semester will be fine.

Hello,
The university I go to goes by a quarter system, and not a semester system, so how many quarter units are 15 semester units equivalent to? (Obviously less, but by how much?) I have been taking on average 12 to 18 quarter units at my school, wondering if that's fine. Thanks for your help.