Your personal stress reliever?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amph119

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Mine is running at night... without a doubt. It is therapeutic. There is nothing else out there that soothes my mind more than a run at 10 o'clock at night with my iPod playing Foo Fighters and the like.

Members don't see this ad.

Mine is running at night... without a doubt. It is therapeutic. There is nothing else out there that soothes my mind more than a run at 10 o'clock at night with my iPod playing Foo Fighters and the like.

where do you run? :scared::scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
where do you run? :scared::scared:

I stay in well lit areas. I usually run down main street then down the quad at my campus and then around campus a bit back to my apartment. Nothing stupid of course.

haha wow i just got back from a nice 3 mile run .. altho i usually run at 10PM or so tonight i couldn't get out till a little later.

I prefer sleeping,whenever Im overwhelmed I take a nap

Rock climbing.

that is my #2. On the rare days I'm not in lab after class, coming home after an exam like my orgo one on Friday and taking a nap is amazing. As much as I hate the groggy feeling when I wake up again, it's relaxing in a weird way.

I stay in well lit areas. I usually run down main street then down the quad at my campus and then around campus a bit back to my apartment. Nothing stupid of course.

hmmmm...let me find my last news clipping about the student who was jogging and was unexpectedly attacked....happens all the time

I run in the morning, just a little bit before the sun comes up. This starts my day off on a good note (esp. if I get a "runner's high" mid-run), and it's the only way I can stay awake for my morning classes.

That's my #1. My #2 is stuffing my face with dark chocolate while watching ncis episodes back to back

I love running at night. It's just about that time here where it's warm enough at night to run in just shorts and a t-shirt. I love running around the 'shoe and the towers. The medical campus looks so different at night with only the lights. I believe a good 5k can calm me down after about anything.
Wow, this thread read my mind! I just got finished with a good run. Great minds think alike, eh, Schwerbert? :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
I relieve stress mostly by engaging in some physical activity that gets the endorphins flowing...usually a nice long sweaty workout in the gym. There is just something about spinning and lifting weights that gets me going

hmmmm...let me find my last news clipping about the student who was jogging and was unexpectedly attacked....happens all the time

I dunno, by well lit areas I mean like well traveled and reasonably crowded areas, even at night. I haven't had any problems so far.

I love running at night. It's just about that time here where it's warm enough at night to run in just shorts and a t-shirt. I love running around the 'shoe and the towers. The medical campus looks so different at night with only the lights. I believe a good 5k can calm me down after about anything.
Wow, this thread read my mind! I just got finished with a good run. Great minds think alike, eh, Schwerbert? :cool:

definitely.

A warm cup of coffee or tea ..... all by myself. Listen to the silence...

I dunno, by well lit areas I mean like well traveled and reasonably crowded areas, even at night. I haven't had any problems so far.

I guess if it is well traveled that is probably a little more settling. I just remember how some of my peers at Rice would run around the outer hedges on the track surrounding campus at 1 am (3 miles), get jumped/robbed/raped/etc..., and then say "I had no idea that was dangerous."

People here at Penn are not quite as oblivious (Killadelphia is no joke), but they still have their "I'm drunk and I am going to walk home alone at 2am in West Philly" moments

XerxesOfPersia, lol :love: ur sig.

a small rendition though---M.D. stands for the Medical Decider a la US president.

and to stay on subject: reading other people's sigs on SDN is my stress reliever.:)

Like most of the previous post, I work out by going to the gym to lift, run, or use the erg machine. Being that I am single, this is the best way to do it. Now if I had a s/o, I would being doing a different kind of physical activity...

Mountain biking is pretty good

girlfriend, hand, workout, and coffee while being lazy

Get the heck out of the city and either wet a line or sit in a marsh for ducks. There is nothing better than waking up during the small hours, seeing the sunrise, and being all alone in the outdoors, whether it is hunting, fishing, hiking, or camping. You don't have to deal with cars, cement, or other people. Being 15 or 20 miles from the closest human is truly humbling, especially after you have spent all week crammed on a huge campus in lecture halls of 200 people all week.

If there was something closer to heaven than watching a flock of ducks come into the decoys right at first light or seeing a fish break the surface of the still morning water as your lure flops across it, I surely have not seen it.

A Marlboro Red and a glass of scotch.

1) Running campus at night is def number 1.. i prefer even a little later though, around midnight. I run in light and dark areas, which can be a little unnerving but i love it. If anyone hears on the news sometime soon about a student being killed late at night on a campus, chances are it'll be me.

2) Going home. Seriously, not a care in the world while im at home and just getting pampered by my mother is definitely a good stress reliever after a long week. Can i get an amen?

Like most of the previous post, I work out by going to the gym to lift, run, or use the erg machine. Being that I am single, this is the best way to do it. Now if I had a s/o, I would being doing a different kind of physical activity...
Hey, hey , hey.

1) Running campus at night is def number 1.. i prefer even a little later though, around midnight. I run in light and dark areas, which can be a little unnerving but i love it. If anyone hears on the news sometime soon about a student being killed late at night on a campus, chances are it'll be me.

2) Going home. Seriously, not a care in the world while im at home and just getting pampered by my mother is definitely a good stress reliever after a long week. Can i get an amen?
halleluah...

Being drawn into hours and hours of Utube

running on the beach--What what, I live in the SoCal. Or working out at night. It feels so refreshing when I try to bench 3 plates without a single soul around to spot just in case:thumbup:

Wow, nobody has said "studying" yet. Is this really pre-allo?

NO. 1 sleeping

NO.2 Playing with my imaginary teacup Yorkie that I hope to buy

i am new at this....so i cant really grab someones quote and then use it in my own reply...someone should PM me on how to do this...but if you scroll all the they way up and read what pride (random numbers) (eagles fan)..i must say i agree....

tried to to do it again....worked!!!!!!!!

Like others have said, I run. But I like to run in the late afternoon, not at midnight...my campus can get pretty creepy in the dark. It's nice to change after lab and run around the lake as it approaches dusk...the sun setting over the water is always very relaxing.
If my SO wasn't back home, there would be alternative methods of stress relief, too. ;)

I play volleyball- but it is only a stress reliever when I am playing with other people with competitive training otherwise I get frustrated. But I play 1-2 days a week and it keeps my sanity

Video games. Nothing like pwning newbs to bring me to a state of zen.

*Double Kill*
*Triple Kill*
*Dominating*
*Holy $HIT*
*OMG that H4X0RZ is using a MH! Gank him!*

running, going for a motorcycle ride, playing music, meeting girls, going out, dancing; mainly being with friends and relaxing reduces my stress!

I like the stress that comes with being busy though, so mostly things are just good.

QFT. just woke up from a 6 hour nap, but I think that was because i've gotten like 4 hours of sleep the last 2 nights :(

I wish I could go on a run instead of sleeping, it'd be much more productive.