your science gpa vs overall gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

koercive

Industry HE&OR, Large Cap Pharma
Partner Organization
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems like everyone here has a higher science gpa than their overall gpa..

I'm the opposite with my overall gpa being .1 higher

I'm just wondering because for me, my breadth classes as well as the classes for my major (psychology) are really easy compared to my science classes.

Members don't see this ad.

Everyone has different strengths and interests. In my case I found my liberal arts classes to be a little to vague for me so I didnt do as well in them. I would not go as far as to say that liberal arts classes are easier than science but I will identify a science class as my hardest class.

Dont worry - generally most people do have a higher overall than science gpa just dont let the discrepancy between the 2 numbers get out of hand.

my science GPA is 0.01 higher than my overall GPA :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I have the same GPAs, but i do have like ten times more sci classes than liberal arts. :scared:

It seems like everyone here has a higher science gpa than their overall gpa..

I'm the opposite with my overall gpa being .1 higher

I'm just wondering because for me, my breadth classes as well as the classes for my major (psychology) are really easy compared to my science classes.

What are you wondering about? Seems like science gpa>overall>nonscience in terms of admissions importance, but like somebody else said the gap needs to be fairly close whatever's on top or bottom. If you're talking about a 3.8 and a 3.7, you got no worries mon.

My Science GPA is 4.0, Overall is 3.8, and my non-science is around 3.6... So I do feel a little weird about my numbers. I can see where having a lower stat in non-science might seem a little off. I just have a hard time getting into those type of classes (I also had a lot of weird people in those type of classes (ex.people fighting about Shakespeare being a feminist who only wrote his plays to speak out for women equality)). =)

i'm the opposite and i guess i'm wired totally differently. my overall gpa is .22 higher than my science GPA and my non-science GPA is .46 higher than my science GPA. also for some reason i've done better in harder sciences like orgo and upper level biologies than intros; i'm the intro suckstar.