Your two cents

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kent Ray

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have posted here many times explaining the short commings of Osteopathic clinical education.
Now I would like to know what you will do to improve Osteopathic med ed as you become physicians.
Just because I believe we get short changed with our clinical education doesn't mean that everyone should feel that way. So please don't agrue the point, only tell me what you can contribute to our profession.
For example. I believe that every school should push to be affiliated with a large county or university hospital. As an attending I would do anything possible to help in this matter.
I also think that with the improvements in the internet and video conf. each site should have weekly OMM clinical case reviews.
In my view these small community hospitals just cant offer the same education (many reasons). So as we opened new and larger sites with university or county affiliation I would like to see these community programs close.
Also if I am an attending at a teaching institution I will pledge at least an hour a day to sit down and teach.

Members don't see this ad.