ca7846

5+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi, I have a question about Zeiss Loupes and it's really about customer service.
So any input not just Canadians would be really appreciated.

I have Surgitel Loupes which I am not too impressed. So I decided to get a new one and looked over popular choices which are DFV, Oroscoptic and Univet (our school's current partner). For me, Oroscoptic was the best option but it wasn't as huge improvement from my Surgitel to justify spending another 1.3k. So I decided to go for higher end ones.

I contacted Zeiss representative in Canada and am getting very frustrated. This representative keeps telling me to fill out order sheet and I haven't physically seen the loupes. So I emailed back by saying it will be great if I can actually see them. Then he says I have 30 day trial period so just fill in the sheet. I mean, I don't even know how big the titanium frames are nor I don't know my exact working distance.

Is this what usually happens with Zeiss Loupes? For all the other brand, they meet to confirm all the measurements, decide on which frame, discuss about prescription, etc. However, all this guy is saying is pretty much buy it, and try it. I am not comfortable spending 1600 + tax (quoted price) for the loupes that may not even fit me.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

dmdluffy

YOSH!!~
7+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2010
Grand Line
Status
Dental Student
It's been a giant pain for me dealing with the different Zeiss reps. Seems like the situation is complicated as they are now only being distributed through Schein or something to that effect here in the states. I'm lucky in the sense that the rep I did talk to left me with a demo pair... which I've had for 2+ months now. If there customer service in Canada blows this much, I would definitely NOT buy it to just try it because you'll have an even worse fight to try and get your $$$ back. They are great loupes though!