MD Zero Interview Invites, Applying Again (3.78, 513)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SwellWell

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What is missing IMO is local volunteering - long, dedicated periods of trying to help the underserved. International volunteering is a bit transparent. Can't help with anything else.

What is missing IMO is local volunteering - long, dedicated periods of trying to help the underserved. International volunteering is a bit transparent. Can't help with anything else.

That's what I was thinking about too. Since time isn't really on my side (unless i want to skip a year) , is there anything else I can do about this, other than start volunteering to the underserved now?

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely start now and keep it up throughout the cycle. Choose something that you can do for the full year. Personally I wouldn't do the international trip. Are you still working as a scribe? Maybe they can help you find a volunteer gig, or the homeless shelter would be good. If it's something you enjoy and can talk passionately about, that's better. If you start soon, you'll have enough experience to talk about it in your PS.

When in the cycle did you apply?

Reactions: 1 user
You might want to think about skipping the next cycle and spend time fixing your application.. @gonnif has said many times that reapplying immediately is a big mistake. Some schools even say this on their sites. Did you use the MSAR to develop your list? What do you mean by "the lower end of the 'ranking/tier' spectrum"? Did you get any interviews this cycle?

Oh and all of those international trips are fun for you but they don't impress ADCOMS members. So you you might want to skip the next trip and focus on stuff right here at home.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Here is a more realistic list. Add more service ot others less fortunate than yourself. And get off campus and out of your comfort zone.
U VM
USF Morsani (maybe)
Miami
St. Louis
Albany
Albert Einstein
Rochester
Rosy Franklin
BU
MCW
Hofstra
NYMC
VCU
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
George Washington
Emory
USC/Keck
Tulane
Dartmouth
Loyola
Any new MD school. Skip Central MI and the three new FL schools. I can't recommend CNU.
Your state school(s).
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Any DO program. I can't recommend Touro-NY, LUCOM or Wm Carey, for different reasons

Hi everyone!