1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Zionism in Medical School

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Equalitude, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Equalitude

Removed

DrAnteater, I understand your frustrations. But let me give you a word of advice. This world is simply not rational. Remember that quote Stalin once gave? "One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic." Well unfortunately the way America views the Palestinian humanitarian crisis is: "One Israeli death is a tragedy. A million Palestinian deaths is a statistic." We don't care when the IDF bombs women and children to hell, bulldozes homes, violates almost every single bit of international law out there including the Geneva Conventions, UN Resolution 242, the use of cluster bombs on civilian areas, etc. It is obvious here which side is wrong and which side is the victim.

In fact, this situation is just like South Africa in the 80s. The whites were obviously the oppressors and the blacks were the victims. Did the blacks engage in some "terrorist" activities? Sure they did. They bombed cafes, buildings, and fought against the whites. Fortunately America did not label the blacks as the evil side. But as for the Palestinian situation, we are labeling the wrong side as the "bad guys."

You can't help it when the majority of Americans are bamboozled into supporting the real terrorists. Let's face it, America was wrong a whole bunch of times. It was wrong on slavery. It was wrong on segregation. It was wrong on the genocide and mistreatment of Native Americans. And it just so happens that America is wrong on the apartheid/occupation of Palestine. Sure we will recognize that Israel was uber-evil once all the Palestinians are killed off and it becomes more of an academic question like 50 years from now. But right now, Israel needs to steal the land, steal the water, steal the resources just like every other aggressive country in history. But once all that is said and done, then you can have your apologies when it doesn't matter anymore.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. 236116

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    in before :lock::sendoff::sendoff:

4. DrAnteater

DrAnteater Membership Revoked
    Removed 7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I think the majority of this country is Anti-zionist, however I know that zionist terrorism does live in some people's hearts, I just wanted to know which medical school is free of this form of evil.

5. DrBrizzle

2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    Behold, the powers of semi-literacy and cnn.com. Take your bigotry elsewhere.

6. Caesar

Caesar In Memory of Riley Jane
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    When a thread is closed please do NOT open a new one to continue the topic.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.