addisonda

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2005
Status
To meet the one year of biology requirement, is zoology considered a biology for the requirement or do you have to take bio 1 and 2?? The college i plan on attending doesnt offer bio 2 and I plan to major in zoology. thank you for your help

BeatArmy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 5, 2004
Birmingham, AL
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
addisonda said:
To meet the one year of biology requirement, is zoology considered a biology for the requirement or do you have to take bio 1 and 2?? The college i plan on attending doesnt offer bio 2 and I plan to major in zoology. thank you for your help

It is somewhat dependent upon the med school, but in general, zoology can count.
Besides, if you are a zoology major, you will definitely have the bio covered.

Stitch626

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2004
Houston
Status
Zoology is most definitely a type of biology. It should satisfy the AMCAS requirement.

About the Ads

MoosePilot

Y Bombardier
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 26, 2004
Unfathomable
Status
  1. Medical Student
Zoology - the biology of animals vs. plants. Yeah it's biology.

I transferred from one school where my major was biology to another school where they'd basically split that major into zoology and botany. No problems.

osjx-82

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2004
Status
zoology is just another name for "animal biology," much like botany is another name for "plant biology"

icebrat001

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2005
Arizona
Status
  1. Other Health Professions Student
addisonda said:
zoology biology, same difference...

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads