addisonda

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2005
Status
To meet the one year of biology requirement, is zoology considered a biology for the requirement or do you have to take bio 1 and 2?? The college i plan on attending doesnt offer bio 2 and I plan to major in zoology. thank you for your help

BeatArmy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 5, 2004
Birmingham, AL
Status
Resident [Any Field]
addisonda said:
To meet the one year of biology requirement, is zoology considered a biology for the requirement or do you have to take bio 1 and 2?? The college i plan on attending doesnt offer bio 2 and I plan to major in zoology. thank you for your help
It is somewhat dependent upon the med school, but in general, zoology can count.
Besides, if you are a zoology major, you will definitely have the bio covered.

Stitch626

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2004
Houston
Status
Zoology is most definitely a type of biology. It should satisfy the AMCAS requirement.

MoosePilot

Y Bombardier
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 26, 2004
Unfathomable
Status
Medical Student
Zoology - the biology of animals vs. plants. Yeah it's biology.

I transferred from one school where my major was biology to another school where they'd basically split that major into zoology and botany. No problems.

osjx-82

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2004
Status
zoology is just another name for "animal biology," much like botany is another name for "plant biology"

icebrat001

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2005
Arizona
Status
Other Health Professions Student
addisonda said:
zoology biology, same difference...