Zoology Course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CeltsPats

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any schools that explicitly say that you need to take at least a semester of zoology with a lab component? I know most schools are fine with just a year of biology with labs.

Also is there a web page that says which courses are required by which med schools?

Addition: I forgot to also mention that I am currently taking multivariable calculus and planning on taking a stats class. I did not take Calc 1 nor Calc 2 because of the AP credit. Does that fulfill the one year math requirement for most med schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Why would med school require zoology?

With stats and the calc class you should be fine for math requirement. Not all schools require math, the ones that do may require stats and/or calc, and only a couple still require calc 1 and calc 2 (or maybe none now, it seems to decrease every year).

If you have a stats class, you should be fine. However, there are schools that require that the stats class be taken in the mathematics department at your university. From what I've seen, this isn't the norm, but it's something to consider.

Are there any schools that explicitly say that you need to take at least a semester of zoology with a lab component? I know most schools are fine with just a year of biology with labs.

Also is there a web page that says which courses are required by which med schools?

Addition: I forgot to also mention that I am currently taking multivariable calculus and planning on taking a stats class. I did not take Calc 1 nor Calc 2 because of the AP credit. Does that fulfill the one year math requirement for most med schools?
Are you talking about UCSF and their Vertebrate Zoology requirement? If so, they accept quite a variety of courses to cover that.