rejection after interview:NYU,temple,CASE,BU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fruity_trident

in lala land
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone got rejected by NYU,temple,CASE or BU AFTER their interview...

or do they REALLY like putting people on their alternate/wait-lists...just to soften the blow? :cool:

thanks

gdluck everyone...there is still a lil hope :luck: ...i'm bettting on it :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

fruity_trident said:
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone got rejected by NYU,temple,CASE or BU AFTER their interview...

or do they REALLY like putting people on their alternate/wait-lists...just to soften the blow? :cool:

thanks

gdluck everyone...there is still a lil hope :luck: ...i'm bettting on it :thumbup:

are you speaking out of experience? Your stats look good enough to get in.....maybe because your canadian their waiting for the americans to fill in the spots first, j/k :D just kidding, hope you get in :thumbup:

dWiz said:
are you speaking out of experience? Your stats look good enough to get in.....maybe because your canadian their waiting for the americans to fill in the spots first, j/k :D just kidding, hope you get in :thumbup:

i'm on waiting/alt lists for temple, case (& creighton)...BU wont tell me anything.

decision has been made by NYU, mailed out today..just waiting :eek:

i hope i get in too :luck: thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
fruity_trident said:
i'm on waiting/alt lists for temple, case (& creighton)...BU wont tell me anything.

I sure hope CASE lets you in.
You Rock
I'm prayin' for you.

fruity_trident said:

You are more than good enough for NYU. Start celebrating!

wammmy & paolorossifan: thanks for the vote of confidence :)

i am still interested to know about post-interview rejections...because if they don't exist for those schools, then they are just softer forms of rejections :confused:

fruity_trident said:
Hi,

thanks

I thought you were a guy, because of the fruity.. thing. Sorry, off the topic. NYU accepts into August/September so you still have a shot.

Profchaos said:
I thought you were a guy, because of the fruity.. thing. Sorry, off the topic. NYU accepts into August/September so you still have a shot.
well, nothing is guaranteed at this moment....
I got rejected by NYU.
my stat, i thought, was not bad.
21/20/18 w/ GPA 3.3
but I am waitlisted in BU, USC....those schools tend to have lots of wailists...
so i assume the chances are very slim.
I am about to prepare for reapplying.....

jinniechoi said:
I got rejected by NYU.
21/20/18 w/ GPA 3.3
but I am waitlisted in BU, USC....those schools tend to have lots of wailists...

jinnie I feel really sorry for you. Your stats are really good, and to be honest much better than some of the schools that you applied to. They are too stupid not to accept you. Don't be discouraged and I'm sure you will be fine for this cycle.

^^^NYU rejected you with those stats? how??? when did you apply?

your stats are good enough to get you into virtually any school--i would just say apply early (if you had applied after sept, you probably would have run into problems despite good stats). so i would say if things don't look good at beginning of may, prepare to apply extra early next cycle--in mid may as soon as the application becomes available.

vandy_yankee said:

your stats are good enough to get you into virtually any school--i would just say apply early (if you had applied after sept, you probably would have run into problems despite good stats). so i would say if things don't look good at beginning of may, prepare to apply extra early next cycle--in mid may as soon as the application becomes available.

That's how I feel too. And to my surprise, she applied early. There's something wrong with the system.

jinniechoi said:
I got rejected by NYU.
21/20/18 w/ GPA 3.3

sorry to hear about NYU...was this pre or post-interview?

and...Profchaos..tsk tsk..shame on u..i'm a girl..lol :laugh:

i guess i'll explain my name...i created it in grade 9...this is when i was infatuated w/ the FRUIT TRIDENT gum..not that citrus bull****...the orange COLORED one..but tastes oh so yummy..anyways..in hong kong, they didn't sell that...and i really really wanted it...anyways..i loved it (and they don't make it anymore :mad: ) so that's why i have that name.

the naive, young me didn't know the 'negative' connotation it had back then...
meh i don't care...i love everyone...i don't hate :love:

fruity_trident said:
sorry to hear about NYU...was this pre or post-interview?

and...Profchaos..tsk tsk..shame on u..i'm a girl..lol :laugh:

i guess i'll explain my name...i created it in grade 9...this is when i was infatuated w/ the FRUIT TRIDENT gum..not that citrus bull****...the orange COLORED one..but tastes oh so yummy..anyways..in hong kong, they didn't sell that...and i really really wanted it...anyways..i loved it (and they don't make it anymore :mad: ) so that's why i have that name.

Wahaha, I could use a gum too, that sounds yummy, and I hope if I had one someday I won't accidently swallow it :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
vandy_yankee said:

Yep, i am pretty sure waitlist is a soft rejection. As It looks like I will be applying to dental school for a third year in a row :eek: . Waitlisted at Boston, Temple, Baylor and rejected from NYU, no word from UT houston. 19 DAT and a 3.2 gpa, 3.1 science. I look at others with higher DATs, I am like I have no chance in hell of getting a spot. Looks like a masters program is where I will be next cycle while reapplying.

This hurts, I was sure I would I get in second time around :mad: . I just got to work harder I guess (sigh)!

HD

Fruity I guess will have to get our Apps in MAY.

hockeydentist said:
Yep, i am pretty sure waitlist is a soft rejection. As It looks like I will be applying to dental school for a third year in a row :eek: . Waitlisted at Boston, Temple, Baylor and rejected from NYU, no word from UT houston. 19 DAT and a 3.2 gpa, 3.1 science. I look at others with higher DATs, I am like I have no chance in hell of getting a spot. Looks like a masters program is where I will be next cycle while reapplying.

This hurts, I was sure I would I get in second time around :mad: . I just got to work harder I guess (sigh)!

HD

Hockeydentist,

Have you considered retaking your DAT's?
I think that's holding your back man. Instead of spending loads of $$ on lengthy classes for a masters, I say study for a short 3 months to get an unrefusable score.

My GPA is not so different from yours, but my DAT's got me into schools... and I applied in January.

hockeydentist said:

HD

don't say that ...yet..
as we've all ready, there's a lot of movement with BU!...it's a shame when u call them they won't tell you ANYTHING..."check infosource - click" :eek:
nahh..i'm just exagerrating..but still..they won't say ANYTHING...i'm like..even if it hasn't updated since october?..the person was like "yeah..that means no decision has been made"...

umm..can i please call u liars (for any school who hasn't made a decision on us yet...when we've been waiting for over 2 mnths)? how can a decision not be made...i would think that the adcom likes u (accept), doesn't like u (reject), or are the fence (WAITLIST)...how hard is it? it's not like they know us...no conscience to reject us u know...

anyways... i vow that if/when i become a dentist & get a chance to be on the adcom, i will push for a quick decision to be made
yes being on the waitlist may just as well be a "no decision"...but at least u're not REJECTED

Okazaki said:
Hockeydentist,

Have you considered retaking your DAT's?
I think that's holding your back man. Instead of spending loads of $$ on lengthy classes for a masters, I say study for a short 3 months to get an unrefusable score.

My GPA is not so different from yours, but my DAT's got me into schools... and I applied in January.

What type of DAT score am I looking at, at least 20's across all sections or what. I might take the summer off and study for the DAT and see how I do. I just feel like these past 2 years are a waste, I didn't accomplish anything other than work. I just feel like a hamster in a wheel that keeps going, but goes no where! :laugh:

fruity_trident said:
don't say that ...yet..
as we've all ready, there's a lot of movement with BU!...it's a shame when u call them they won't tell you ANYTHING..."check infosource - click" :eek:
nahh..i'm just exagerrating..but still..they won't say ANYTHING...i'm like..even if it hasn't updated since october?..the person was like "yeah..that means no decision has been made"...

umm..can i please call u liars (for any school who hasn't made a decision on us yet...when we've been waiting for over 2 mnths)? how can a decision not be made...i would think that the adcom likes u (accept), doesn't like u (reject), or are the fence (WAITLIST)...how hard is it? it's not like they know us...no conscience to reject us u know...

anyways... i vow that if/when i become a dentist & get a chance to be on the adcom, i will push for a quick decision to be made
yes being on the waitlist may just as well be a "no decision"...but at least u're not REJECTED

so true! I totally agree with you, I can't believe its been 2 months now and no decision.

hockeydentist said:
so true! I totally agree with you, I can't believe its been 2 months now and no decision.

Hockeydentist, stop playing hockey even though there's no season this year, and start preparing for DAT over again. I know it's painful to do so and it's such a hassle to pick up the book, but this is the only way to garantee you a spot if you don't want to waste another year at WORKING and HOCKEYING!
Look at Okazaki, he did great on DAT even after he picked up some Japanese chick in Okazaki. You can do it too!
:thumbup:
So Hockey go to Okazaki and bring back a japanese gf then start hammering down Dental Admission Test!

this msg isn't REALLY related too much to this thread...but whatever...i started :D

I just wanna say that if i get accepted somewhere (and win the lottery :laugh:), I would fly everyone (who has helped/encouraged me, listened(read) me b!tch, PM me, emailed me, called me, met me, etc) to NYC (not Toronto, cuz it's kinda boring here) & party it up...dental style :laugh: .

I was planning to type this post when i got accepted...but this may not happen ...but if it does...i wouldn't want to gloat...that's just being b!tchy :oops:

so if u wanna party w/ me...make sure i get accepted...and that i win the lottery :laugh:

fruity_trident said:
this msg isn't REALLY related too much to this thread...but whatever...i started :D

I just wanna say that if i get accepted somewhere (and win the lottery :laugh:), I would fly everyone (who has helped/encouraged me, listened(read) me b!tch, PM me, emailed me, called me, met me, etc) to NYC (not Toronto, cuz it's kinda boring here) & party it up...dental style :laugh: .

I was planning to type this post when i got accepted...but this may not happen ...but if it does...i wouldn't want to gloat...that's just being b!tchy :oops:

so if u wanna party w/ me...make sure i get accepted...and that i win the lottery :laugh:
C'mon Fruity, that's a bit of greety
You may get into a school this year, and very likely.
But if you want to win lottery, you have to come to Las Vegas and find me first because I'm a lucky star. :laugh:

Profchaos said:
C'mon Fruity, that's a bit of greety
You may get into a school this year, and very likely.
But if you want to win lottery, you have to come to Las Vegas and find me first because I'm a lucky star. :laugh:

lucky star huh..
your pic is a lil freaky....i might hafta call u a freaky-luck star or smthin..lol

las vegas...hmmm taj mahal, cesar palace, bright lights....gambling... ok u're on.. :laugh:

fruity_trident said:
lucky star huh..
your pic is a lil freaky....i might hafta call u a freaky-luck star or smthin..lol

las vegas...hmmm taj mahal, cesar palace, bright lights....gambling... ok u're on.. :laugh:

Wait, taj mahal is not in vegas but atlantic city. I learned it by watching the Apprentice lol.

Well, the second deposit for Temple is due this Friday, so hopefully you'll be accpeted from the wait/alternate list. ;)

Profchaos said:
Wait, taj mahal is not in vegas but atlantic city. I learned it by watching the Apprentice lol.

oh yeah..sorry..i got mixed up with big las vegas, v.s. small las vegas... :D

prelude said:
Well, the second deposit for Temple is due this Friday, so hopefully you'll be accpeted from the wait/alternate list. ;)

this thread is on FIRE...hahaah..lotsa responses in a short time

fruity_trident said:

this thread is on FIRE...hahaah..lotsa responses in a short time

fruity trident!!!!!!!

i'm rooting for u too!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

please let us know as soon as u get in!

dentwannabe said:
fruity trident!!!!!!!

i'm rooting for u too!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

please let us know as soon as u get in!

u're just saying that so i'll fly u to NYC :laugh:

j/k thanks :thumbup:
i hafta get off SDN tonite..
or at least until i finish my paper and am about to go to sleep.
damn addictiveness.....and all this hype can really destroy me...if i have to take Plan B...ok later everyone...will be back in a while..

when I first got the rejection, I thought it was mistaken or something.
but it became reality now...
I applied pretty early like july
I think i have to reapply this year. I won't take DAT again though.
I will probably have more experience this year I think i lack experience.
that is only thing i am missing i assume.
I don't know how to improve myself to get in next year....
I don't wanna make same mistake again.
people say I have good stats but I am rejected....
being discouraged.......:(

jinniechoi said:

Jinnie what you should improve is your interview skill. When they ask you if they are your top choice, your lower body can be shaking but your lips have to say yes.

Profchaos said:
Jinnie what you should improve is your interview skill. When they ask you if they are your top choice, your lower body can be shaking but your lips have to say yes.

:laugh:

I never lied in my interviews...i never lie in general..
one of my interviewers asked me what schools were my top choice...and i said "i won't lie, they change all the time...i see 1 school..i read up on it..and i like it...then i read up another school..and i like that...it keeps fluctuating, but your schools is up there"..

i don't think that answer was well received :eek:

HmmM.. anyone know how full Case is on their waitlist?

coilz said:
HmmM.. anyone know how full Case is on their waitlist?

They started interviewing in the beginning of March, and will continue to do so until May. With 3 interview days a week....there are QUITE A FEW of us interviewing for the waitlist. We don't find out who has made it on until everyone has interviewed. Even after that we're ranked, it's a long process :(

Wow... they interview to see who makes it on the wait list?... Wow... yeah I think i have the last interview day.. May 3rd or something.

fruity_trident said:

you know that's really funny cuz my favorite candy used to be good n' fruity! (like good n' plenty but with a fruity taste instead of licorice..u gotta remember that!) and those bastards discontinued it sending my life into a downhill spiral ever since :mad: oh well, i just keep praying for the day i walk into a convenience store and see a shelf proudly displaying "back from the dead...Good N' Fruity!!!!!" haha damn oh well..anyway i still haven't heard a damn thing from BU or Tufts and just now got my columbia rejection..it's really freaking annoying that they just keep stringing us along like this, but i have a really good feeling about nyu for you and i think we'll definitely get to party there cuz that's more than likely where im headed!

MitchSE-R said:
...but i have a really good feeling about nyu for you and i think we'll definitely get to party there cuz that's more than likely where im headed!

thnx mitch...i'm gonna feel like a complete jacka$$ if i get the big R

anyways...if i hear good news..i guess i wouldn't hafta fly u to NYC..muwahha..but we'll definitely partaaaay :laugh:

Be aware:

NYU: Now You're Unemployed.

(Heard this one from NYU business students. Surprise, surprise.)

vandy_yankee said:

Almost all state schools have a avg. gpa over 3.5. I wouldn't say her stats are good enough for virtually any school but yes they are good enough for nyu, bu, and temple.

so...to sum it up...no one has answered my question, really....i'm assuming that's because no one gets rejected after their interviews at the schools i mentioned?

oh well :rolleyes:

fruity_trident said:
so...to sum it up...no one has answered my question, really....i'm assuming that's because no one gets rejected after their interviews at the schools i mentioned?

oh well :rolleyes:

i can answer my own question...
yes it happens...BU rejected me after an interview...
my interview actually made my status worse

i'm sorry to hear that fruity..just look on the bright side....at least you got an interview...some of us are still waiting for one...plus..you never know...you might come off the waitlist before school starts...best of luck to you :luck:

Now I got waitlisted, fruity got waitlisted and I am sure that a bunch other people did as well or even got rejected. We have pretty good stats. So now I'll ask again. How is NYU the easiest school to get into????

Hi,

did you actually get rejected from BU or are you equating alternate list to a rejection?

Thanks and best of luck! Doesn't UofT just plain suck? If only we had gone to an easier univeristy....

fruity_trident said:
i can answer my own question...
yes it happens...BU rejected me after an interview...
my interview actually made my status worse

Noroozi said:
did you actually get rejected from BU or are you equating alternate list to a rejection? ...

i'm equating my nyu as a rejection, when it's a waitlist.

but my BU is an effin rejection

EkksDee said:
i'm sorry to hear that fruity..just look on the bright side....at least you got an interview...some of us are still waiting for one...plus..you never know...you might come off the waitlist before school starts...best of luck to you :luck:

personally..i think there are many reasons for not getting a 4.0 in school...family issues, bad freshman yr, difficult school, started off in wrong program, etc, etc.

but to be dissed after an interview? if i had balls, that's where i felt i was kicked

jinniechoi said:

Hey buddy, your stats look absolutely rock solid, but you gotta work on your interview a bit more. Ask interviewers questions that would make them feel proud of their school :D ADCOMs love that :p don't just sit there and answer to their questions! Play them, don't let them control the interview :) I think a successful interview sign is when both parties feel energetic about each other and the only one way to achieve this is by talking about what "they" like to hear! Read some Dale Carnegie, he has a great book that teaches how to influence people.

Fruity....I can't believe BU rejected you, I have no damn clue how their admissions works. You have more than good stats for them, and I know for a fact it's not your social skills, you're one of the coolest people I've talked to....What is BU thinking??? :mad: I'm keeping my fingers crossed for CASE, especially for you. I'm sure you'll be attending D-school come this fall. And hey like I said before, waitlists move fast at these expensive private school, so don't give up just yet.

TOdentist said:
Fruity....I can't believe BU rejected you, I have no damn clue how their admissions works. You have more than good stats for them, and I know for a fact it's not your social skills, you're one of the coolest people I've talked to....What is BU thinking??? :mad: I'm keeping my fingers crossed for CASE, especially for you. I'm sure you'll be attending D-school come this fall. And hey like I said before, waitlists move fast at these expensive private school, so don't give up just yet.

thnx..hope is extremely low...but...i'm trying to keep my head up :oops:

fruity_trident said:
thnx..hope is extremely low...but...i'm trying to keep my head up :oops:

I guess they can call us the down and out crew! So what yah gonna do this fall fruity? I haven't decided whether or not I need to take a break from applying and really concentrate on making my application stronger.

HD

hockeydentist said:
I guess they can call us the down and out crew! So what yah gonna do this fall fruity? I haven't decided whether or not I need to take a break from applying and really concentrate on making my application stronger.

HD

applying in may...looking for a reasearch job...i think i should retake the DAT...and the american one...cuz it's offered @ anytime.

everything is still up in the air.