All the board passing info you ever wanted and more!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlueMerlin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The following are the pass rates for all the schools that release them. So no more threads about this topic for another year please! Note, the format may vary, since I'm too lazy to compile all the different reports into the same format.

National Board Scores: AZPOD
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part 1:
2012 - 34 Pass, 0 fail (100%)
2013 - 30 Pass, 1 fail, 1/1 pass on repeat (96.7%, 100% total)

Part 2:
2011 - 22 Pass, 2 fail, 2/2 pass on repeat (91%, 100% total)

National Board Scores: BUSPM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part 1:
2013 - 85% pass, 8 people fail out of 53 total. 6/11 pass on repeat. (85%, 93.25% total)
Part 2:
2011 - 90%, 5 people fail out of 50 total. No repeat data available for part 2.

Note that 3 students didn't take the boards from 2013, since the class size is 56.

National Board Scores: CPMS
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part 1:
Class of 2013 - 100%
Part 2:
Class of 2011 - 95%

Note that CPMS does not differentiate between 1st and 2nd time test takers (Meaning the 100% pass for 2013 counts retakes). Also, they may have a GPA restriction on who can take the test, I don't know. If anyone has more knowledge on this school, please post and let me know.

National Board Scores: CSPM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part 1:
2013 - 37 people pass, 11 fail, out of 48 total. 6 out of 11 pass on retake. (77%, 90% total)
Part 2:
2011 - 29 people pass, 6 fail out of 35 total. (83%, no retake data for part 2)

National Board Scores: NYCPM
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"No scores will be released until all schools are willing to volunteer the information."

Well, all but one of the schools has! Once that one releases it, I will extrapolate the NYCPM pass rate.

National Board Scores: SCPM
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part 1:
2013 - 86 people passed, 18 failed out of 104 total. 13/18 passed upon repeat. (83%, 95% total)

National Board Scores: TUSPM
Nothing even mentioned in the report, may be released elsewhere?

National Board Scores: WUCPM
Part 1:
2013 - 22 pass, 5 fail out of 27 total. 5/5 pass upon repeat. (82%, !00% total)

Well, that's all. Please post if you need clarification or have data (real data, not just a flat pass rate) for TUSPM or NYCPM.
:cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Part 1:
Class of 2013 - 100%
Part 2:
Class of 2011 - 95%

Note that CPMS does not differentiate between 1st and 2nd time test takers (Meaning the 100% pass for 2013 counts retakes). Also, they may have a GPA restriction on who can take the test, I don't know. If anyone has more knowledge on this school, please post and let me know.

There is no GPA restriction, unless it is REALLY low (to the point that you fail out of school).

You can always find up to date board information for all parts, including ABPS results (yes, DMU does its best to track alumni after graduation) on the school website. First time pass rates are always published. You can find the most recent part I, II, III and ABPS results here http://www.dmu.edu/pm/curriculum/board-exams/ It also lists the average first time pass rates for the last 5 years vs the national average. There is really no need to ever "ask" about info regarding DMU

just curious, does DMU pay you to be their cheerleader?

So are you mad because I answered the OP's question regarding where to get more info, or because DMU does in fact pay me?

Honestly, i'm mad because DMU pays you. :)

I also saw those reports.

I feel the need to ask why Ohio thinks they don't need to publish a report? Or why Temple and NY refused to release board passing rates on their reports?

NY did release their reports for many years. However, when only a few schools release the scores, it doesn't make sense to continue releasing them. So NY decided not to publish the stats until all schools did, to try and put some pressure on the others. Now, only one school is left - Ohio.

Obviously, NY has never hidden the scores - they are readily available, so withholding from this report is more political than anything else.

NY did release their reports for many years. However, when only a few schools release the scores, it doesn't make sense to continue releasing them. So NY decided not to publish the stats until all schools did, to try and put some pressure on the others. Now, only one school is left - Ohio.

Obviously, NY has never hidden the scores - they are readily available, so withholding from this report is more political than anything else.

because their pass rates are the lowest in the nation and the school is embarrassed about it.
source: current student at Ohio College of Chiropody and Early Childhood Daycare Studies

:confused:

Sounds like an excuse to me. Actions alway speak louder than words. If you want to put pressure on others, then lead by example first.

because their pass rates are the lowest in the nation and the school is embarrassed about it.
source: current student at Ohio College of Chiropody and Early Childhood Daycare Studies

:laugh:

That seriously caught me off guard.

Members don't see this ad :)
The following are the pass rates for all the schools that release them. So no more threads about this topic for another year please! Note, the format may vary, since I'm too lazy to compile all the different reports into the same format.

National Board Scores: AZPOD
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part 1:
2012 - 34 Pass, 0 fail (100%)
2013 - 30 Pass, 1 fail, 1/1 pass on repeat (96.7%, 100% total)

Part 2:
2011 - 22 Pass, 2 fail, 2/2 pass on repeat (91%, 100% total)

National Board Scores: BUSPM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part 1:
2013 - 85% pass, 8 people fail out of 53 total. 6/11 pass on repeat. (85%, 93.25% total)
Part 2:
2011 - 90%, 5 people fail out of 50 total. No repeat data available for part 2.

Note that 3 students didn't take the boards from 2013, since the class size is 56.

Part 1:
Class of 2013 - 100%
Part 2:
Class of 2011 - 95%

National Board Scores: CSPM
Part 1:
2013 - 37 people pass, 11 fail, out of 48 total. 6 out of 11 pass on retake. (77%, 90% total)
Part 2:
2011 - 29 people pass, 6 fail out of 35 total. (83%, no retake data for part 2)

National Board Scores: NYCPM
"No scores will be released until all schools are willing to volunteer the information."

Well, all but one of the schools has! Once that one releases it, I will extrapolate the NYCPM pass rate.

National Board Scores: SCPM
Part 1:
2013 - 86 people passed, 18 failed out of 104 total. 13/18 passed upon repeat. (83%, 95% total)

National Board Scores: TUSPM
Nothing even mentioned in the report, may be released elsewhere?

National Board Scores: WUCPM
Part 1:
2013 - 22 pass, 5 fail out of 27 total. 5/5 pass upon repeat. (82%, !00% total)

Well, that's all. Please post if you need clarification or have data (real data, not just a flat pass rate) for TUSPM or NYCPM.
:cool:

BUPSM reported pass rate for part 2 2012 (not 2011) as 90%. fyi.

Let's face it, we are Podiatry students, not medical students. We didn't have the grades to get into medical school so we are in Podiatry school. Everybody will
pass these boards. They are dumbed down to our standards. I know the truth
hurts but let's be honest with ourselves.

Let's face it, we are Podiatry students, not medical students. We didn't have the grades to get into medical school so we are in Podiatry school. Everybody will
pass these boards. They are dumbed down to our standards. I know the truth
hurts but let's be honest with ourselves.

ouch. sounds like you were a medical school reject. that sucks bro.

You know you didn't start off Podiatry, bro -

No one starts off podiatry... I've never even heard of podiatry until about 3 years ago (when I started figuring out what sort of medicine I wanted to shoot for)... But for a lot of people... more see = more likey... It's just the lifestyle bro. I could go into Med school, bust my butt as hard as I can and MAYBE land in the top 1/4 of my class and get the residency I want? Then I work like a dog for the next 30 years while shortening my lifespan with stale ham and cheese sandwiches and irregular sleep patterns? No thank you. I want the opportunity for a life and a family. I WANT to be there for my kids whatever birthday and be the corny dad with the JVC camera... Haha sorry, I just woke up so I'm kinda just blurbing out whatever enters my brain... Sunshine! TACOSSSS... Brb...

NeilD is podiatry student that was kicked out of nycpm for cheating . ask anyone in the 2010 class. and now he just so angry that he comes here to post how podiatry sucks lol you're too lame neil.

You must have run the projector in school as a kid. You probably also enjoyed projects. Projectile motion was probably your favorite part of physics.

Also, something else about projection.

Excuse me sir, I've never even been to NY! I don't Know you and you have a lot of nerve starting that rumor, TROLL! Can't anyone ask honest questions without upsetting the norm or your ego?

You didn't ask honest questions to generate those responses; you made assumptions and blanket statements of which you had no basis for.

Sorry if your grades sucked and you looked at podiatry as a last viable option, but it wasn't that way for a lot of people, including me. My GPA, MCAT and ECs were competetive for whatever degree I wanted to pursue, and I chose podiatry because of the specifics of what the degree would provide for me.

You seem like the guy that screams at a pizza delivery guy on the phone and call him an incompetent idiot, and wonder why your pizza looks like someone spit in it. Poor you...you poor hapless fellow....here you are, just minding your own business, and people are just so mean to you...

Yeah....get a clue.

can't wait for you to get into the real world, from what I hear with all those great scores of yours you may regret being a lowly Pod like the rest of us - hahaha

I'm in the real world, friend. I was happy doing construction work, I was happy working as a grill chef, and I was happy delivering pizzas. I don't operate on the assumption that I'll make a half million dollars a year, and I've been looked down on or seen as an outsider in all sorts of different places. I know who I am and where my worth comes from, and it ain't from you or some prick of an MD who views me as less because I have a different title in front of my name.

I play a wicked guitar, and I've got better hand-eye coordination than most anyone I've met. I have a feeling I'll be find in the world of surgery.

Maybe I won't find the job opportunity I'm expecting, but I have a sense I don't need what you need to be happy.

Good luck in the real world; with an attitude like yours, I'm sure you'll be a shoe-in for all sorts of positions.

I've got better hand-eye coordination than most anyone I've met.

That's it! I'm formally challenging you to a thumb wrestling contest whenever our paths may cross down the road :laugh: Or a game of Space Invaders. Your choice :D

That's it! I'm formally challenging you to a thumb wrestling contest whenever our paths may cross down the road :laugh: Or a game of Space Invaders. Your choice :D

I'm more of a "Galaga" guy.

And you're on. :)

class size 106. 7 students ineligible to sit for the exam due to continued failure of Part I.
70/99 passed January 2012 Part II.
source: I'm an unpaid non-attorney unrecognized-spokesman for, and current student at, Online College of Podometry and Massotherapy (OCPM).

Last edited:

Technically Barry had a worse pass rate, but it still isn't much to hang your hat on.