University of Oklahoma Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
However.....Jennifer did not send out the message that all letters had been mailed so maybe they haven't....

Trying to stay postive here.:cool:

Members don't see this ad.

However.....Jennifer did not send out the message that all letters had been mailed so maybe they haven't....

Trying to stay postive here.:cool:

Yeah, but that sucks. She said everyone would have an answer by the 15th. I bet that office gets TONS of calls on Monday!!!!!!!!

Hey all
I got my acceptance letter on the 9th and just received the $500 deposit letter in the mail today. Does anyone know of any good and affordable accomodation in OKC close to the campus?

I just want to say for all of you waiting, nothing is impossible. Only believe.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did not receive my letter today. I am now wondering if they have mailed out all the acceptance letters and that next week I will receive my rejection letter:eek:

I did not receive my letter today. I am now wondering if they have mailed out all the acceptance letters and that next week I will receive my rejection letter:eek:

Hey pharm4me - what kind of stats did you have???

nothing still:( My stomach is one massive knot....it is so hard not to be discouraged but all these scenarios keep running through my head on why I have not received a letter yet, some good some bad... I am really trying to stay positive but it is so hard too. A good friend of mine who is currently a P3 in Tulsa said that she was in the same boat as us, everyone she knew was getting a letter and she was litterally one of the last ones and it was an acceptance letter...I am definitely trying to believe that for us.

We know from one of the previous posts that the OKC campus assigning people to the waiting list. That gives me a little hope that Tulsa is not. So for those of us waiting, what campus did you request?

For me it is Tulsa.

We know from one of the previous posts that the OKC campus assigning people to the waiting list. That gives me a little hope that Tulsa is not. So for those of us waiting, what campus did you request?

For me it is Tulsa.

For me it is OKC/ SoonerPharm hasn't received her acceptance letter as of Friday so I am hoping that means all the acceptance letters haven't been mailed yet or that means I didn't get in:( I am trying to stay positive.:scared:

For me it is OKC/ SoonerPharm hasn't received her acceptance letter as of Friday so I am hoping that means all the acceptance letters haven't been mailed yet or that means I didn't get in:( I am trying to stay positive.:scared:

Very true!!!!

Thanks for reminding me of that :D :D

I forgot she only got a phone call not a letter.

Hope is still alive!!!!

Very true!!!!

Thanks for reminding me of that :D :D

I forgot she only got a phone call not a letter.

Hope is still alive!!!!

I may be grasping for hope that is not there but I would like to believe that maybe there are some acceptance letters still that will be mailed, that was suppose to go out by the 15th.:) :luck:

For me it is Tulsa.

I'm also Tulsa - and I'm also trying to hold out some hope, although my worrying has increased exponentially....

I don't understand why Jennifer didn't send out some kind of a message yesterday to at least let everyone know what was going on. Making us wait over a weekend like this is cruel. And I was told today that Monday is a federal holiday so there will be no mail delivery. Is this true???

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't understand why Jennifer didn't send out some kind of a message yesterday to at least let everyone know what was going on. Making us wait over a weekend like this is cruel. And I was told today that Monday is a federal holiday so there will be no mail delivery. Is this true???

Actually scratch that deal about the holiday - I can't find anything about that, even on the federal holiday website....Must have just been some bogus info...

No that is not true. But if it were wouldn't that be our luck!!!:luck:

Hey Matt, sorry I didn't stop to talk to you today, I was in a huge hurry, had to get a present for my kid to take to a party....anyhoo......didn't want you to think I was a total snob. ;) You know Nick......I've known him since I was like, 6 months old.

When did I hit 500 posts.....man..........I need to celebrate!!!! :banana:

About everyones letters.......It looks as if there are two rounds of letters. The first, obviously, having been sent out already. Nobody, and I know lots of people that applied, from the "second round" has gotten their letters yet. I know the anxiety is probably killing all of you (I can only imagine) but I really do believe that you will ALL get in. Just hold tight, and believe in yourself. You can do it!!!!

Hey Matt, sorry I didn't stop to talk to you today, I was in a huge hurry, had to get a present for my kid to take to a party....anyhoo......didn't want you to think I was a total snob. ;) You know Nick......I've known him since I was like, 6 months old.

About everyones letters.......It looks as if there are two rounds of letters. The first, obviously, having been sent out already. Nobody, and I know lots of people that applied, from the "second round" has gotten their letters yet. I know the anxiety is probably killing all of you (I can only imagine) but I really do believe that you will ALL get in. Just hold tight, and believe in yourself. You can do it!!!!

And I was all impressed with my 100 posts - I'm smallfry.

I'm still holding out hope - mainly just because I want to be able to call you "cyclo" next semester.... :D

And I was all impressed with my 100 posts - I'm smallfry.

I'm still holding out hope - mainly just because I want to be able to call you "cyclo" next semester.... :D

Do you know what cycloketocaine is?? Just curious............

We'll all have a little group, it'll be fun........:p

Do you know what cycloketocaine is?? Just curious............

We'll all have a little group, it'll be fun........:p

It sounds like something my dad uses for arthritis. Isn't it a topical analgesic?

Its cool, I already knew how snobby you were :p . Yeah, Nick said you guys were like best friends for a long time, but then he got muscles and you became intimidated or something like that, I forget these things :D .

Its cool, I already knew how snobby you were :p . Yeah, Nick said you guys were like best friends for a long time, but then he got muscles and you became intimidated or something like that, I forget these things :D .

Yeah, that's it. Intimidated. Sure. What a ******. :p

Thank you all for your encouragement...I felt better after reading everyone's posts. Hope is alive and I am claiming it for all of us. I am wanting Tulsa so hopefully that falls to my advantage. Hold strong everyone.

Just some name that you made up???

I've never heard of it.

Oh golly!!!! :eek: :eek:

We'll learn ALL about it in Drug Delivery Systems!!!

Flo Gel (Cyclobenzaprine/ Lidocaine/ Ketoprofen 2% / 5% / 10%) : Cyclobenzaprine is a muscle relaxant and anti-spastic agent that works without affecting muscle function. Lidocaine is a local anesthetic that, used topically, is able to numb the area. Ketoprofen is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) with analgesic and anti-pyretic properties.

Get it.......cyclobenzaprine, ketoprofen, lidocaine...................

Can you tell I compound all day??? :laugh: :laugh:

Got accepted into the pharmacy program at OU at the OKC campus. I cannot get capmpus housing. Does anyone know of any apartments close to campus and affordable? Thanks

Close enough! You're the big winner!!!:)

If it is the same drug that I am thinking of, it is very hard for him to find. He seems to be able to only get it in Muskogee. Coincidentally that is where you are! You may make his cream.

So what is my prize?

Possibly a golden ticket to OU?

Got accepted into the pharmacy program at OU at the OKC campus. I cannot get capmpus housing. Does anyone know of any apartments close to campus and affordable? Thanks

I am sorry mine44u. I am not familar with OKC at all.

However, congrats on your acceptance:D

If it is the same drug that I am thinking of, it is very hard for him to find. He seems to be able to only get it in Muskogee. Coincidentally that is where you are! You may make his cream.

So what is my prize?

Possibly a golden ticket to OU?

If I could give you one, I would. :) That's odd that he can only find it here........I thought it was pretty common (it is here).

If I could give you one, I would. :) That's odd that he can only find it here........I thought it was pretty common (it is here).

I could be possibly that he is not going to a compounding pharmacy to find it. Who knows. He is a crazy old man.

Who is all for getting are letters tomorrow? If so, raise your hand!:thumbup: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I was talking to a friend about apartments downtown the other day. Are you looking for 1 bedroom or two? I was pricing two bedroom apartments and the range was like $750-$1200. I currently live in MWC in a one bedroom, and it costs me $445 a month. I'm only 10 miles from campus. You'll find a place you can afford.

I have a question of my own. Do you guys know what the $40 app fee is on our application checklist website? Also, do you know if we have to have that paid before we send in our $500 deposit? I plan on calling tomorrow. I just dont want some small thing to keep me out. Thanks

James

I was talking to a friend about apartments downtown the other day. Are you looking for 1 bedroom or two? I was pricing two bedroom apartments and the range was like $750-$1200. I currently live in MWC in a one bedroom, and it costs me $445 a month. I'm only 10 miles from campus. You'll find a place you can afford.

I have a question of my own. Do you guys know what the $40 app fee is on our application checklist website? Also, do you know if we have to have that paid before we send in our $500 deposit? I plan on calling tomorrow. I just dont want some small thing to keep me out. Thanks

James

I think that as times goes by, they update your application status. At first, my application fee said "unpaid" then a few days later, it said "paid" after I received my acceptance letter. It is a good idea to call them, but also check your status again. Thanks for the info on housing. I am having a hard time finding any useful information.

What or where is "MWC"?

What or where is "MWC"?

MWC = Midwest City. It's like 8 miles east of downtown oklahoma city. It's a nice suburb of Okc. It took me 15 minutes to get to the HSC from my apartment Friday. That was non-traffic time though. My guess in morning traffic it would probably take you 20-25 minutes. It's not a bad commute at all. Thanks for the info. I'm planning on calling them tomorrow to ask and double check my pre-reqs. I forgot what was on my sheet during interviews.

Who is all for getting are letters tomorrow? If so, raise your hand!:thumbup: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm all for it but I'm also not getting my hopes up. This is too emotionally draining for me to constantly go up and down about all this... :eek:

I won't be home until around 4pm. Be sure to let us know if anything special comes in the mail.

Yes, everyone please post. I will not be home until 9:00 p.m. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!:luck:

I really hope that Jennifer Richardson is okay. I just think that it is strange that she didn't even email Friday to let us know the status of the letters.

I really hope that Jennifer Richardson is okay. I just think that it is strange that she didn't even email Friday to let us know the status of the letters.

You know, I was thinking the same thing. She's usually very good about keeping us up-to-date about what is going on. Maybe she's just busy licking the envelopes for all of those acceptance letters that she's mailing out for the members of student doctor network....:D

You know, I was thinking the same thing. She's usually very good about keeping us up-to-date about what is going on. Maybe she's just busy licking the envelopes for all of those acceptance letters that she's mailing out for the members of student doctor network....:D

Oh no!!!! Didn't she watch that Seinfeld episode!!!:eek:

I must have missed that one....Did somebody suffer some deliterious effects from envelope glue consumption???

George finally met a woman, Susan, and got engaged. He was not too excited about the upcoming wedding so he bought the the cheapest wedding invitations he could find. Susan licked so many of these cheap envelopes that she died.

George finally met a woman, Susan, and got engaged. He was not too excited about the upcoming wedding so he bought the the cheapest wedding invitations he could find. Susan licked so many of these cheap envelopes that she died.

Ahhhh, I always wondered what happened to her. Thanks for the spoiler... ;)

Hey, I'm new to this discussion board.

I got my acceptance letter April 9. I'm headed to the Tulsa campus.

just trying to get to know my classmates.....holla at cha boy!

Hey, I'm new to this discussion board.

I got my acceptance letter April 9. I'm headed to the Tulsa campus.

just trying to get to know my classmates.....holla at cha boy!

Congratulations!!